IGNORED

Peter Reid - Consortium Takeover?

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/3226...-Kenwright.html

GOODISON legend Peter Reid is trying to buy his beloved Everton.

The former Toffees star is senior advisor to an international investment company raising funds to take over a leading club.

And London Nominees Ltd, which has offices in Hong Kong and the British Virgin Islands, has Everton at the top of its list.

The company branched out into the world of soccer last March with the launch of its Football Fund. Reid is a central figure with the firm because of his football knowledge, contacts and experience.

And his continuing close links with Everton make the club an obvious target. The 52-year-old Reid is working hard to realise the dream.

The ex-England star was busy last week trying to raise funds for the project in Thailand, where he is coach of the national team.

He and fellow advisors Jim Smith, the former Newcastle, Oxford, QPR and Derby manager, and Neil Sillett, son of Coventry's FA Cup-winning boss John, were talking to super-rich British ex-pats and asking them to invest.

Investment

Company sources say the response from potential investors has been "very good" and that the firm will make its move once funds are in place.

Current Everton chairman Bill Kenwright admits he lacks the cash or resources to take the club forward and build a planned new £400million stadium in Kirkby. [How did he figure that out!?]

Last October he confessed: "Everyone knows this football club needs investment. If I can sell it, it will be sold tomorrow."

Since then Kenwright has been searching worldwide for new owners with pockets deep enough to build the new stadium and hand manager David Moyes cash for the transfer market.

Kenwright's "saviour" might well turn out to be a local hero born in Huyton, just six miles from Goodison.

Reid is an Everton hero. He made 167 appearances for the club, winning league titles in 1985 and 1987, the FA Cup in 1984 and European Cup Winners Cup in 1985.

In 2006 he was named an "Everton Giant" as recognition of his key midfield role in those glory days. His next title could be chairman.

http://www.londonnominees.com/ln/index.asp

It's registered to British Virgin Islands...same place as BCR Sports (Robert Earl's holding company), I suppose they could be related.

Guest efctaxi

Would this be the right company to take us forward ?

Sounds great , but it puzzles me why such information should come out a week before the final , when focus is needed .

I am a bit concerned about this...................................this is an investment company and as such may have little immediate capital available for cash imput which we need, most cash funds in investment companies already commited in the market place. We could find ourselves being mortgaged to death on what we have at present without any new stadium or even a pot to piss in. The last thing I want to see is a faceless investment name running EFC with us ending up broke

I am a bit concerned about this...................................this is an investment company and as such may have little immediate capital available for cash imput which we need, most cash funds in investment companies already commited in the market place. We could find ourselves being mortgaged to death on what we have at present without any new stadium or even a pot to piss in. The last thing I want to see is a faceless investment name running EFC with us ending up broke

lol Well thats the glass half empty view!

I can see what your saying but I honestly dont think BK would sell if it wasnt right for the club and Im sure he will do his homework and get assurances from any potential buyer before going through with any deal

Oh and I was under the impression that we are already pretty much mortgaged to death on what we have at present without any new stadium or even a pot to piss in!

I'm also under the impression that the club are running on empty and borrow against the tv money a year in advance.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2008/oct/1...lubs-bank-debts

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/oc...anchesterunited

We already have a faceless shareholder in BCR Sports who are registered in BVI (one of the people behind it is apparently Robert Earl).

it says when the money is in place, so immediate capital should be there.

and its not faceless, its just the ugly mug of peter reid :lol:

Looks like the Fortress Sports Fund all over again to me. A sophisticated sounding but ultimately toothless front for gathering a cabal of motley-crue investors who between them probably don't have much money.

The names of the FSF people sounded like characters from Cluedo when that came out. Would not doubt Reidy but nothing will come of this.

it says when the money is in place, so immediate capital should be there.

and its not faceless, its just the ugly mug of peter reid :lol:

If it was Reids money then OK but it won't be, its the faceless ones who have the say behind him Steve.....................when the money is in place must mean that they are struggling to get the readies together hence thank God it is only speculation

If it was Reids money then OK but it won't be, its the faceless ones who have the say behind him Steve.....................when the money is in place must mean that they are struggling to get the readies together hence thank God it is only speculation

i was being sarcastic jim.

id be even more worried if it was Reids money though