Ashley Cole (Chelsea)

Rio Ferdinand (Manchester United)

Glen Johnson (Portsmouth)

Joleon Lescott (Everton)

Gary Neville (Manchester United)

John Terry (Chelsea)

Matthew Upson (West Ham United)

Gareth Barry (Aston Villa)

David Beckham (AC Milan loan from LA Galaxy)

Michael Carrick (Manchester United)

Steven Gerrard (Liverpool)

Frank Lampard (Chelsea)

Theo Walcott (Arsenal)

Shaun Wright-Phillips (Manchester City)

Ashley Young (Aston Villa)

Carlton Cole (West Ham United)

Peter Crouch (Portsmouth)

Jermain Defoe (Tottenham Hotspur)

Emile Heskey (Aston Villa)

Wayne Rooney (Manchester United)

Guest efctaxi

Hopefully Bines won't even be thinking about the England squad .

Wouldn't surprise me though if the Ruski has bribed them to drop him in a mind game strategy . :lol:

As Everton fans we may be biased to think that Baines deserves to be in the England team, this time I really do agree that he should. His performances week after week have been brilliant and well worthy of an England call up. He would do well in the Three Lions shirt and no doubt would help in attack as much as defend.

Shame he hasn't been called up this time :(

Neville & Bridge ahead of him is stupid too, neither have made an impact this season IMO. Not as much as Leighton.

don't see the fuss about neville being called up ahead of beans, neville is a right back. wayne bridge should be the question...what's he done of late?

having said that baines' form recently hasn't been what it was, been too wasteful last month or so. ashley cole is the best in the country at the minute by a mile, baines wouldn't get a look in anyways.

don't see the fuss about neville being called up ahead of beans, neville is a right back. wayne bridge should be the question...what's he done of late?

having said that baines' form recently hasn't been what it was, been too wasteful last month or so. ashley cole is the best in the country at the minute by a mile, baines wouldn't get a look in anyways.

Wouldnt even want him near my squad - the most one footed player ive ever seen...shame he scored with his right peg yesterday :P .

Honestly think cole is a liability and he should be our target at the cup final, just dont get how he's so well rated (and this has nothing to do with me thinking he's a tool)!

i think bridge has been decent, in a poor city defence. but not a patch on baines.

im thinking more about carlton cole, hes done well for west ham, but he is a sign to me that the golden generation of english football is coming to an end.

touch and go whos going to be the next england keeper, again, three poor selections and imo kirkland is better than all three of them.

i think bridge has been decent, in a poor city defence. but not a patch on baines.

im thinking more about carlton cole, hes done well for west ham, but he is a sign to me that the golden generation of english football is coming to an end.

touch and go whos going to be the next england keeper, again, three poor selections and imo kirkland is better than all three of them.

the golden generation was the one in the mid to late 60's and maybe the ones of italia 90 to some degree

the current lot have done nothing to warrent the title of 'golden generation'

On paper they should be a bloody good force, they just don't seem to have the actual final product. The passing is all very good and I think with Capello that good days can come back. It's just that since Italia '90 there has been no drive within the England team and it's been run by the media for so long. It's a breath of fresh air to have Fabio Capello, a man that will take no shite from the press and play who he thinks is good enough.

I think Baines should be in the England team but at the end of the day I'm not the manager, with that team we should pick up a win.

have you been on another planet for the last ten years or so?

ferdinand, terry, cole, (younger) gary neville, beckham, scholes, gerarrd, lampard, owen, rooney, beckham, we have had players who are truely world class. they would all get in any team, but they could never play good enough as a team.

Guest efctaxi

Most of the names on that list will never see a game anyway .

One thing about England managers , is that the same players get picked most of the time .

sorry dark, it was to bluenose, not you mate

your right they are class players im not denying that. but i consider a golden generation as a generation who won things or at least looked like they were going to win things. when can you say the likes of rooney gerrard Lampard etc looked like they were going to win the world cup or a euro.

He has got to feel wounded he isn't there. I honestly believe he has been the most consistent english left back over the last six months. Whether Capello should pick him over Cole who i believe is vastly overated is 50/50 but to pick Bridge ahead of him is a disgrace.Capello needs to talk to Moysie to how to play a team without a striker because if Rooney is not fit we are knackered.

your right they are class players im not denying that. but i consider a golden generation as a generation who won things or at least looked like they were going to win things. when can you say the likes of rooney gerrard Lampard etc looked like they were going to win the world cup or a euro.

as i also said, they are players who are capable of winning things, they all do with their club. as a collective they dont hold up. they have always been a team of individuals for england.

but look at the medals our current generation have won with their clubs, it is a massive amount.

they haven't done terrible in competitions under sven.

We are only playing Kazakhstan and Andorra for pitys sake, we could have blooded a couple of players without the worry of losing the game and that's better experience than making a debut in a friendly, surely this guy isn't going down the route of playing the tried and tested players, we need to evolve to improve, picking Neville is as about as funny as everyone picking Giggs as player of the year.