IGNORED

Moyes Named League Managers Association Manager Of The Year.......

Moyes said last time he was embarrassed to win it.. I think he may be again. That's not to say he's not had a great season. I think the FA cup run has swung it.

Fergie should have won it in my opinion because of the trophy haul.

Great stuff .

Is this award the big one , or did Fergie get that ?

It's the one voted for by all 92 managers, for the best of the 92.

Fergie won the prem closed shop.

I'd say DM got the big one :) .

Headline in the Nottingham Evening post is...

Moyes scoops top award

They seem to think so too!

David Moyes has won the top award.........FACT.

Now before the red hordes begin to eulogise and prophesise and the dissenters from other clubs air their views, lets get things into perspective. A minimal budget, most spent (or gambled, it doesn't matter) on an untried Belgian, serious injuries to the backbone of the team, of which no other top flight team would have recovered from, this man has stood up and been counted and guided Everton to 5th place and had to knock out (at the time) 3 of the 5 teams above them to reach the FA cup final, and one more to win it.

If he was manager of Everton 20 years ago I shudder to think what he could have achieved.

A man of integrity, a man of honesty, a man who believes in hard work and a man who realises that the people he needs to please are not the people in the directors box but the people in the Upper Bullens, Lower Bullens, the Upper Gwladys Street, the Lower Gwladys Street, the Main Stand, the Paddock and the Park End.

A man who has worked his socks off to create a team that can provide opposition to the 'Sky 4' where others have failed, at the moment, I think, 7 unbeaten games against the 'Sky 4'.

A man who doesn't court the limelight but rather his team do that for him, true we are not always the easiest on the eye to watch but in the cold light of day would you swap a 5th place and an FA cup final to be 12th and out of the cup in January, whilst playing one touch football, categorically, the answer is no!

David Moyes has been recognised by his fellow professional managers as worthy of being the recipient for the third time and I for one will doff my cap and say well done Davie, your doubters have been proved wrong again, lets hope for a great ending to the season and Davie, whatever happens on Saturday, we hope to see you in August.

Edited by The Beard

One thing I will say about Moyes is he has helped transform Everton into a name that is recognized worldwide. Our message board in itself is an example. He has given us a style of play that is identifiable by football fans everywhere.

Let this award be the cherry on top of the FA Cup Trophy Davie :D

It's the award that would always go to David Moyes. This season started poorly and it took some real good decisions to turn around. Ever since the Wigan Athletic game the team has gone from strength to strength. We have been such a force this season and Moyes is the reason behind it, if he ever left we would have such problems finding someone as good.

With him in charge ahead of the FA Cup final it's all good. Wish him well with that game and the coming seasons.