IGNORED

Pompey Take Over Bid Accepted

I thought that when i read it, surely...surely we would be the better option? Bigger fan-base, better stadium, more consistant finishes...the only thing i can think of, is the fact he doesnt wanna spend alot into the club and would rather keep a steady ship with a return.?

If you buy a club like pompy you get a massive area with no real nearby competition. You buy us and you've got the shite, man.ure and the richest club in the world in the same area - next season the north west will account for 40% of the premier league, a lot of competition for fans etc.. in the area. Some buyers would see pompy as a better buy due to the not being much competition down there hence you can build a new fan base.

A pile of bollox - Evertonians are born not manufactured - stick your arab cash up your arses!

If you buy a club like pompy you get a massive area with no real nearby competition. You buy us and you've got the shite, man.ure and the richest club in the world in the same area - next season the north west will account for 40% of the premier league, a lot of competition for fans etc.. in the area. Some buyers would see pompy as a better buy due to the not being much competition down there hence you can build a new fan base.

A pile of bollox - Evertonians are born not manufactured - stick your arab cash up your arses!

Pompey is a relatively small place compared to Merseyside and they will not attract any support from Bournmouth or Southampton areas even if they are the only Premiership team down there.

The Naval Dockyard is getting smaller by the minute reducing the fan base even further so the maximum crowds they could hope to pull in is 30000 tops so even though the North West has a lot of clubs Pompey could never be as big

Pompey is a relatively small place compared to Merseyside and they will not attract any support from Bournmouth or Southampton areas even if they are the only Premiership team down there.

The Naval Dockyard is getting smaller by the minute reducing the fan base even further so the maximum crowds they could hope to pull in is 30000 tops so even though the North West has a lot of clubs Pompey could never be as big

Portsmouth catchment area population...

Estimated population living within 30, 50 and 60 mile radius of Portsmouth city centre in 2006 :

30 miles - 1,761,600

50 miles - 5,523,700

60 miles - 8,524,300

Portsmouth/ Southampton are growing student city's too, so more potential there.

Portsmouth catchment area population...

Estimated population living within 30, 50 and 60 mile radius of Portsmouth city centre in 2006 :

30 miles - 1,761,600

50 miles - 5,523,700

60 miles - 8,524,300

Portsmouth/ Southampton are growing student city's too, so more potential there.

Im in the Navy and have been based in Portsmouth for years so I know the area quite well.and trust me nobody from the Southampton area are likely to suddenly start supporting Pompey.

Students dont tend to settle in the area either so I cant see them being interested either and people who live beyond 30 miles of Pompey who dont support thier local teams all support Man Utd or Liverpool!

Also a lot of the local kids are from families whose fathers are in the Forces and they tend to support the sides that there fathers do

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic

• 4 weeks later...