IGNORED

Steve Round

Earlier this season, well after the Wigan away game to be exact, I posted a rather scathing verdict (and I was hardly alone) of a disastrous performance and questioned where are season was heading.

At the end of the post I also questioned the input of Steve Round and pondered was it the players getting used to his way or the other way around and whether or not he could cut the mustard at Everton.

I am delighted that I, in ways, have been proved wrong and it appears that Steve Round has contributed immensely to the strong second half of our season.

This may also be in evidence in the atrocious season that Newcastle United have had, maybe missing the input of Round, culminating in their relegation.

David Moyes obviously holds Steve Round in great regard and it appears that they have gelled well as a coaching pair, true Round is not an animated character but maybe that mix of Moyes' touchline animation and the calmness of Round, it reminds me a lot of Wenger and Pat Rice, will form a great team and lead us to greater glories.

Edited by The Beard

Earlier this season, well after the Wigan away game to be exact, I posted a rather scathing verdict (and I was hardly alone) of a disastrous performance and questioned where are season was heading.

At the end of the post I also questioned the input of Steve Round and pondered was it the players getting used to his way or the other way around and whether or not he could cut the mustard at Everton.

I am delighted that I, in ways, have been proved wrong and it appears that Steve Round has contributed immensely to the strong second half of our season.

This may also be in evidence in the atrocious season that Newcastle United have had, maybe missing the input of Round, culminating in their relegation.

David Moyes obviously holds Steve Round in great regard and it appears that they have gelled well as a coaching pair, true Round is not an animated character but maybe that mix of Moyes' touchline animation and the calmness of Round, it reminds me a lot of Wenger and Pat Rice, will form a great team and lead us to greater glories.

I never thought of that. :huh:

That is a very good point.

Anyways the good thing with Round is that he knows the game well tactically. If he stayed at Newcastle they may have kept Ameobi on the bench.

Edited by `Moe Joe.

I am certain that Round has been a key part of the way the side has kicked on this season. It understandably took time to settle into a new working realtionship between Moyes-Round and the overall set up but once this clicked, off we went.

He hasn't had many plaudits but then I don't get the impression he seeks them. If we win on Saturday I reckon Moyes may then heap praise on Round.

Keep up the good work basically..

Round does a decent job, he is serving his managerial apprenticeship under Moyes but he will be gone when the right offer comes in....................................based on what he has done to date that might not be far away. It seems that one or two managers may move on shortly, a wise owner must consider what is available as a replacement, I could see him replacing Alan Irvine at Preston he is one of the guys tipped to move up

Round strikes me as always being an assistant tbh Jim, and if he ever did take a managers job on I think he'd bomb it. I'm not sure why, just a feeling.

Mark, many said the same about Irvine, tbh I don't think Moyes would want a lacky around him, he already trusts Round to do post match summaries with the press, same as Irvine did

I agree, i never really thought of it like that, but it would seem to have had an impact on them!