IGNORED

2009/10 Fixtures

Guest efctaxi
United often go missing at the start of the season , but not sure about the first game .

Anyone fancy City ?

Might be good to stick a few goals past Lescott first game :lol:

I want to go to Emirates or Old Trafford for the first game of the season and just get it the f*** over with. Besides, it seems like those big teams have gotten off to sort-of slow starts a LOT in the last few years, and it's not until a few weeks in that they start getting warmed up and steamrollering people (wasn't Man U somewhere near the relegation zone for the first few weeks of this past season?). So since we have to make those road trips at some point in the season anyway, why not get at least one of them out of the way early when the giants might not be totally awake yet?

If not one of those two, then yeah, let's play at Eastlands right off so that we can stomp them before all the superstar players they buy this summer have had a chance to jell.

Edited by JD in DC

the promoted teams are up in the first few games so hopefully u can avoid them...

It was the seven points we picked up at the promoted teams in the first six games last year that gave us slight respectability at the start of the season (although looking at it in retrospect it was a good return, don't think many other teams picked up that many points from those trips).

I'd go for either a tough away game ("big four") to catch them cold or an easy home game. Avoid the other members of the supposed "next biggest four," City, Spurs and Villa.

It was the seven points we picked up at the promoted teams in the first six games last year that gave us slight respectability at the start of the season (although looking at it in retrospect it was a good return, don't think many other teams picked up that many points from those trips).

I'd go for either a tough away game ("big four") to catch them cold or an easy home game. Avoid the other members of the supposed "next biggest four," City, Spurs and Villa.

Agree with you Mig-man....one of them will get off to a flyer, they always do. hopefully its us, but i can see it been spurs....:(

Im also on that side who wants 1 of big four at away, right of the start. COuple of seasons manu have started really badly, may be we would finally win there. Thats would also be so massive boost for team and whole season. If lose there, so what, nothing abysmal happened, been there done that lol, it would be a win win situation B)

Edited by LexKing

Guest efctaxi

If we did get Liverpool at the first match , it would see them hit the ground all guns and blazing I think if they beat us , and vice versa .

There's nothing like a derby to put teams in a positive frame of mind .

Lose however ..........................

Too big a psychological risk for either team .

Chelsea away, to exact some swift revenge. ;)

p.s. Can anyone set up a vote for who they think we will play on the first game of the season. That isn't as silly as it sounds because the bookies will actually let you lay a bet on something like that with all teams having the same odds. For some reason I think it will be Arsenal away.