IGNORED

Blaise Matuidi

• 1 year later...
Guest blueboy122

I remember talking about him to Louis Saha 2 years ago when I met him on the easyjet going to Nice, on the day of his birthday actually went to his house party that night anyway thats a different story for another day!! He said that he is highly rated in France at that time he said he was like a patrick Vieria and Makele rolled into one, and very athletic. I havent seen anything of him though.

Edited by blueboy122

did someone find a huge wad a cash last night?! Thats the 3rd player today!

Unfortunately not Matt if you hadnt noticed theyve sold our left back and 3 of our best midfielders so out of the 70 million we'd get they reckon Kenwright may give Moyes 15 to replace all 4!!

• 6 years later...

Would give us great depth in the midfield which is what we need, for so long we have had two good mids and then its fallen away really quick. Good solid depth is needed if we want to challenge top 4 and push on in FA cup and Europa.

Then again could be just another Everton has money, lets link them with 'X'

A 30-year-old or a talented teen? Personally, I'd rather focus on Davies and other young players on the cusp of the first team.

On the other hand, we brought in Gareth Barry at around the same age, and he proved his worth.

Yeah I just don't really see the point with our squad depth and with Dowell and Davies coming up, unless we plan to offload a couple of our midfielders. Gana, Schneiderlin, McCarthy, Besic, Barry, Davies, Dowell seems like enough CM to me, not to mention Ross if he stays and eventually finds a position.

He would be in there at Gana and Morgans level, a step above McCarthy, Besic and Barry. No issue with bringing in better players for me. He's probably still better than Gana.

Okay let's just bring in a whole new starting XI then. At a certain point, upgrades stop feeling like upgrades, especially when we have far more pressing needs.

Far more pressing needs? It's not like we can only buy one player. If Koeman wants more than one he should go for it if the club can afford it.

If he wants players fighting for position I'd rather have three excellent players than two excellent and one average.

Yeah I just don't really see the point with our squad depth and with Dowell and Davies coming up, unless we plan to offload a couple of our midfielders. Gana, Schneiderlin, McCarthy, Besic, Barry, Davies, Dowell seems like enough CM to me, not to mention Ross if he stays and eventually finds a position.

It's more of an opportunity considering todays market. Koeman has been using Besic as a centre half in the friendlies. Barry's contract runs down in a year. Dowell is more in competition with Klaasen and Ross.

Schneiderlin, Matuidi and Klaasen as a midfield 3 (in a 4-3-3) would be a top engine room, with Davis, Gana and Ross/Dowell as very strong backup.

Edited by Sparks FC

It's more of an opportunity considering todays market. Koeman has been using Besic as a centre half in the friendlies. Barry's contract runs down in a year. Dowell is more in competition with Klaasen and Ross.

Schneiderlin, Matuidi and Klaasen as a midfield 3 (in a 4-3-3) would be a top engine room, with Davis, Gana and Ross/Dowell as very strong backup.

We can't afford to drop Gueye he brings so much to the team. He has to start along with Morgan.

They can't play every match if we qualify for group stages in the EL. With cup games we are looking well above 50 games for this season. 38 league matches, 2 EL qualifying matches, 2 EL knockout matches, 8 EL group matches, 1 League Cup and 1 FA Cup is the minimum in that case. I would hope there'd be at least another 5 or so games on top of that (or we have a crap cup year) so it could be closer to sixty games - and with good cup runs it could go above that.

What if we go far in the EL and are still in the hunt for a top four spot come April? On top of league matches there could be four EL matches (quarter and semi-finals).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

http://www.leparisien.fr/sports/football/psg/mercato-le-psg-s-est-renseigne-sur-matuidi-18-07-2019-8119761.php

For those not tres bien with the old Francais it roughly equates to: Manchester United, Everton and Paris St-Germain have contacted Juventus about signing 32-year-old France World Cup-winning midfielder Blaise Matuidi. (Le Parisien - in French)