IGNORED

Jo Signed On Loan!

cols

Guest efctaxi
Such as? And i mean payable options.

Jo has a nose for goals, 6 in 12(?) games is good seeing he's new to Everton after not playing for half a year, and at young age.

And we could get him as a part of the lescott to Manchester deal for a reasonable price.

He has scored 5 goals that I am aware of .

2 against Bolton ( 1 flukey turn and 1 x penalty )

1 against Stoke . Beats offside and keeper let's ball roll underneath him .

2 against Wigan . 1 well placed left foot shot and 1 tap in from a saved Fellaini shot .

All goals were at home .

That's only 3 matches were he pulled his finger out regarding goals remember , so let's not get too carried away with the guy .

I think he can do better with a full season , but come on , I hope it's not at the expense of a major striker signing .

He has scored 5 goals that I am aware of .

2 against Bolton ( 1 flukey turn and 1 x penalty )

1 against Stoke . Beats offside and keeper let's ball roll underneath him .

2 against Wigan . 1 well placed left foot shot and 1 tap in from a saved Fellaini shot .

All goals were at home .

That's only 3 matches were he pulled his finger out regarding goals remember , so let's not get too carried away with the guy .

I think he can do better with a full season , but come on , I hope it's not at the expense of a major striker signing .

It wont be at the expense of a major signing if the rumour is true then thats the point we dont have the money to spend, H e will cost very little in todays game and given time could become a very good player for us in the coming season, If we get him i would be pleased if not then so beit im sure if we can keep Yakubu fit and JV aswell we will be fine with Saha aswell.

The reason why people are pushing figures about is the Vic Jo debate its not to overhype Jo we all know he's not a world class player but alot better then Vic.

Bigduncsma there is no need to get smarmy with people and lower their views because you think you are right it doesnt really fit here mate.

It wont be at the expense of a major signing if the rumour is true then thats the point we dont have the money to spend, H e will cost very little in todays game and given time could become a very good player for us in the coming season, If we get him i would be pleased if not then so beit im sure if we can keep Yakubu fit and JV aswell we will be fine with Saha aswell.

The reason why people are pushing figures about is the Vic Jo debate its not to overhype Jo we all know he's not a world class player but alot better then Vic.

Bigduncsma there is no need to get smarmy with people and lower their views because you think you are right it doesnt really fit here mate.

Only get smarmy kid when they do with me,like I said an older persons point of view thats all and we all have them and if it has rattled a few cages so be it.....mate ;)

Guest efctaxi
Only get smarmy kid when they do with me,like I said an older persons point of view thats all and we all have them and if it has rattled a few cages so be it.....mate ;)

Are you a lady BDM ?

No offense meant if you're not .

i find it strange that an "older" person as you call yourself, holds dunc in high regard.

i dont know many that would have seen everton before the 90's who find him anything more than a waster.

im assuming you are over 35 as an older, at least.

Im a youngen and still think Dunc was a legend but also a waste of space. To say Vic is better than Jo is basically silly imo, Jo is a half decent striker and I was not a fan of his at all before he signed and showed he has the potential to be a very useful player, I was the one saying he needs KE at the end of his name before his performances changed my mind, all be it against Chelsea he should have scored at least twice but he really stood out in that game as his holding of the ball was second to none. Yes I would like him back here on loan (and to those who say its free? probs not, wages and a loan fee will be paid by us) but I would like to see Chebs gone and replaced by Owen plus Jo brought in, we need the numbers in quality (not saying Owen is the same quality he was but Im a fan of his.)

Jo has been selected (on more than one occasion) to play for Brazil.

He scored thirty goals in fifty three games at Moscow. Including Champions League. Playing (effectively) in a fridge :P .

I'm not sure how anyone of any age could put him behind Vic....but everyone's entitled to their opinion :) .

i find it strange that an "older" person as you call yourself, holds dunc in high regard.

i dont know many that would have seen everton before the 90's who find him anything more than a waster.

im assuming you are over 35 as an older, at least.

You assumed right as older than 35, and yes I do hold "Big Dunc" in such high regard.

He was and still is adored by thousands of fans,you only have to witness it on matchdays,probably more shirts with Ferguson on their backs than any other player.

I`ve seen some great number 9`s from Latchford,Sharp,Gray and he is right their amongst them mate "in my opinion"

He scored thirty goals in fifty three games at Moscow. Including Champions League. Playing (effectively) in a fridge :P .

I'm not sure how anyone of any age could put him behind Vic....but everyone's entitled to their opinion :) .

He may have scored 30 odd goals in Moscow,completely different league over here,and obviously City dont fancy him IMO.

P.S. I remember a certain Carlton Palmer playing more than 3 times for England :D

Edited by StevO

Guest efctaxi

2 caps :D

I'm not going to say Anichebe is better than Jo and it appears that Moyes is not his biggest fan so I wouldn't be surprised if he goes out on loan or is sold this year but personally, I think if we can get his head straight and cut out the niggling injuries Anichebe could become a very dangerous striker, Yakubu likened him to the new Drogba and whilst that is obviously fanciful, I certainly think he could become a more dangerous and clinical version of Heskey, IF (a big if) he stayed fit and got some games.

I have to confess that I am not overly impressed with Jo, I'm not going to complain if we get him on loan again but I wouldn't want us spending much money on him, he didn't exactly look the most dedicated of players and his finishing was not always the greatest. We need someone with a bit of desire and craft to play with the Yak, a better version of AJ or a target man with a nice touch.

2 caps :D

That's more than one isn't it :huh: ?

And according to wikipedia it's three, plus the Olympics.

P.S. I remember a certain Carlton Palmer playing more than 3 times for England :D

Unless he played for Brazil also I don't quite see your point.

I thought Jo had a good touch and held the ball up well. He was very effective away from home because he isnt strong enough (or "falls over" alot ) I thought his finishing was ok but at times faultered because he would try and be to flashy.....

I wouldnt mind him here again for another season on loan he allways looked quite effective at home....

Just thought I would give some ....shall we say older persons point of view.

Only just realised quite a few members on here seem to be getting the beautiful game mixed up with the computer/console version :mario:

Your entire argument is based on a logical fallacy, an appeal to authority if you will, that because you are older your argument is correct.

Nobody on here has quoted FM/FIFA in defence of their argument, the only person here that hasn't quoted hard evidence here is you.

You assumed right as older than 35, and yes I do hold "Big Dunc" in such high regard.

He was and still is adored by thousands of fans,you only have to witness it on matchdays,probably more shirts with Ferguson on their backs than any other player.

I`ve seen some great number 9`s from Latchford,Sharp,Gray and he is right their amongst them mate "in my opinion"

dont get me wrong, im also a fan of dunc. i'm just very suprised to see him amongst the greats like latch sharp and gray.

i always seen it as he was the fans fav as he was a bit like a scally on the pitch, and he showed the fight we all wanted to see in a time when no one else gave us blues hope.

joe royal puts it best "he had the tools to be one of the greatest goal scorers everton ever had, just didnt have the luck with injuries and often didnt have the determination"

dont get me wrong, im also a fan of dunc. i'm just very suprised to see him amongst the greats like latch sharp and gray.

i always seen it as he was the fans fav as he was a bit like a scally on the pitch, and he showed the fight we all wanted to see in a time when no one else gave us blues hope.

joe royal puts it best "he had the tools to be one of the greatest goal scorers everton ever had, just didnt have the luck with injuries and often didnt have the determination"

He had buckets of determintation! It's just a shame that his determination was very often to break the noses of opposition players :P

Averaged slightly better than a goal every four games....not on the same planet as Latch or Sharpy, and more often a liability than an inspiration.

Can understand the appeal though to an extent for a generation starved of success (and half decent football).

Jo on loan would be a half decent move for us, certainly glad we didn't buy him for big money as he really didn't prove himself in the time he had.

Moyes might loan Anichebe, but I don't think he'll sell him, as he has potential.

Yakubu, Jo, Saha, Vaughan and Anichebe....if any two of those are fit every week, then we should be able to give most team a problem or two.

If our best system turned out once again to be one up front with Cahill just behind....then I wonder, if all five were fit who would get the nod from Moyes!

Jo on loan would be a half decent move for us, certainly glad we didn't buy him for big money as he really didn't prove himself in the time he had.

Moyes might loan Anichebe, but I don't think he'll sell him, as he has potential.

Yakubu, Jo, Saha, Vaughan and Anichebe....if any two of those are fit every week, then we should be able to give most team a problem or two.

If our best system turned out once again to be one up front with Cahill just behind....then I wonder, if all five were fit who would get the nod from Moyes!

I think it would have to be Yakubu he is much better than the rest of them especially as a lone striker

I think it would have to be Yakubu he is much better than the rest of them especially as a lone striker

Completely agree. Jo isn't a lone striker, but could prove a top player playing along side the Yak. I know it was in a piss poor league but when playing along side Vagner Love he looked quality.Could be another option especially in europe.