IGNORED

Jo Signed On Loan!

cols

good good. Interesting that it doesn't actually say if we are in talks about a loan or perm deal. Logic would suggest a loan, but wouldn't thay say "are in talks about a loan deal" rather than just "in talks"? I'm most probaly reading WAY to much into that though! :P

If only you could see me nodding...

We have Yakubu who will be back for the Arsenal game, and I doubt we'll change to a 442, so even then Jo will be second heck maybe even third behind James Vaughan/Saha. Nice business and he'll continue to be good cover if injuries occur. He's sure as shit better than Anichebe and I hate that whiny dude.

This should be the true test for Jo, especially for Hughes to monitor him and for Moyes to maybe contemplate buying him. Who knows, he may outshine Yakubu as he's been out with that torn Achilles. (doubtful though. Yak is Yak. :D )

Where did you get the "second loan deal" comment from EW?

The current wording on the OS doesn't include that.....if anything I'd say they were hinting at more...

'The Brazilian striker is training with the Blues at their pre-season training camp in Scotland as Everton and City negotiate a second deal for the player.

Jo spent the second part of the 2008/09 season on loan at Goodison Park and during that time he scored five times - including a brace on his debut against Bolton Wanderers.

And having impressed during that spell, attempts have begun to ensure the 22-year-old is an Everton player come the start of the Premier League season.

Chief Executive Robert Elstone confirmed: "We have had a conversation with Manchester City over the options available to us and discussions are set to continue."'

http://evertonfc.com/news/archive/jo-talks-confirmed.html

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/2009/July/Season-long-Everton-loan-for-Jo-confirmed

Manchester City can confirm that Jo has joined Everton on a season-long loan.

The Brazilian striker returns to Goodison Park after spending the latter part of 2008/09 with David Moyes' side.

A deal done and we're only a week into July? I'm impressed.

Yay I'm a happy man. Moe Joe believes in Jo. B)

But still it isn't 100 'percent' confirmed, but if he's training, you gotta be positive.

I wonder what position our '$$$' signing will be though. It may be DMC or Winger, it depends on whether or not Moyes wants Arteta on the right. Its interesting but as stated, we now know our main signing won't be a striker.

Edited by `Moe Joe.

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/round-keen-for-jo-deal.html

The Jo deal is definitely not completed.

Its weird though, that they've allowed him to train with the squad? maybe the deal was about to be inked, and then City completely forgot about the whole Lescott thing and thought, we could bargain with them :P Hopefully Moyes told them to piss-off and now they're writting out a new deal. I just read the bit about Steve Round keen to work wih Jo again:

Edited by tenaciousj