IGNORED

Everton Takeover?

Heard on the grape vine about this and there is an announcement on WAM:

http://www.wam.org.ae/servlet/Satellite?c=...-T-LEN-FullNews

So 60% of a leading Premier League club.

Man United - no way they would sell 60% stake.

Chelsea - Ambramhovic isn't bored yet.

Arsenal - Someone has only just taken majority holding.

Liverpool - A possibility but 60% doesn't sound likely.

Villa - Would lerner give up his holding, he seems to be doing well enough.

Man City - Already taken over.

Which in my mind could potentially leave us. What do you reckon?

Without details on the takeover it is hard to say if I would be pleased or not, but if it meant investment then I would not be against it. Just wish we could get a British billionaire to takeover.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest efctaxi

http://www.thenational.ae/article/20090622.../706219799/1010

Sheikh Ahmed bin Saqr Al Qasimi, the chairman of the Ras al Khaimah Department of Customs and Seaports, has purchased 60 per cent of an English Premier League football team, it was announced by WAM last night.

The state news agency did not reveal the name of the club, but speculation was rife in England last night that Sheikh Ahmed may have joined forces with Sulaiman al Fahim, who announced last month that he was acquiring the Portsmouth Football Club.

Portsmouth’s executive chairman, Peter Storrie, concluded the deal with Mr al Fahim at a meeting in Rome. However, a period of full legal and financial due diligence has yet to be commenced.

It was thought the deal had been scuppered when the disgraced former prime minister of Thailand, Thaksin Shinawatra, was linked to the deal by some English newspapers. Thaksin has completely denied the rumours.

Portsmouth finished 14th in the Premier League last season.

The UAE already has an ownership presence in the league through Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed, who owns a majority share in Manchester City.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/footballN ... 7020090621

DUBAI, June 21 (Reuters) - A member of a ruling family in the United Arab Emirates has bought a majority stake in an English Premier League soccer club, the official WAM news agency reported on Sunday.

WAM did not name the club but said Sheikh Ahmed bin Saqr al-Qassimi has bought 60 percent of it, adding that details would be announced in a few days.

Sheikh Ahmed, a member of the ruling family Ras al-Khaimah, will be honorary chairman of the club.

Ras al-Khaimah is one of seven members in the UAE federation which also includes key oil producer Abu Dhabi and regional trade and tourism hub Dubai.

Last year Abu Dhabi's Sheikh Masnour bin Zayed al Nahyan bought Premier League club Manchester City, while Portsmouth is the subject of a bid from another Abu Dhabi investor, Sulaiman al-Fahim.

(Reporting by Inal Ersan; Editing by Ed Osmond)

Did a bit of googling...

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index....opic=244083.440

... couldn't find anything of much relevance just a few hillbillies debating on a 2nd rate forum. Gets quite funny as you scroll down!

Quite an interesting debate goin on on the lovables site,talk of rumours about it being on 606 and talksport that its us.........

I think its them myself with Moores stepping down and and 1 of the yanks selling his stake in his ice hockey team or something. :angry:

What about the referance to "honorary chairman" isnt that right up Bills alley

Sheikh Ahmed, a member of the ruling family Ras al-Khaimah, will be honorary chairman of the club.

Not Blue Bill......would this mean Bill staying on as "chairman"...........I know,i know,clutchin at straws but isnt that what us evertonians do :lol:

The interview on BBC Sport just suggests that Tevez going to Manchester city...................... Nothing else really

Dont think it did DM he said Tevez would be going to a club with history and are ambitious and wants to take the next step forward.

He mentioned City and Chelsea and "others"

One good thing though......he ruled out the shite :D

The interview on BBC Sport just suggests that Tevez going to Manchester city...................... Nothing else really

Yup. Am I missing something here? No mention of Everton at all, not even a hint....all about Tevez :huh: .

Think you're adding 2+2 and getting 7,565,234!

Guest efctaxi

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/...eague-club.html

According to the unsourced report al-Qassimi, a member of the ruling family of Ras al-Khaimah, would be taking a 60 per cent stake and be appointed honorary chairman this week. A Premier League spokesman said they had no knowledge of an imminent takeover.

Ras al-Khaimah is one of seven members in the UAE federation which also includes Abu Dhabi and Dubai. Last year Abu Dhabi’s Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed al Nahyan bought Manchester City, while Portsmouth is the subject of a bid from another Abu Dhabi investor, Sulaiman al-Fahim.

A spokesman for al-Fahim denied Portsmouth was al-Qassimi’s target, while a source close to Anfield’s owners denied Liverpool was the club in question.

Should al-Qassimi take a stake in one of the British-owned clubs in the league it will make overseas investors a majority round the Premier League table. Ten clubs are in foreign ownership: Arsenal, Manchester United, Liverpool, Portsmouth, Aston Villa, Chelsea, Sunderland, West Ham, Fulham and Manchester City.

Guest efctaxi

If it was us , wouldn't one of our share holders know about it ?

I mean 60% isn't something you can brush under the carpet without public disclosure .

Also , why would we have not heard any stronger rumours to decent players ?

Guest efctaxi

A very far fetched theory here lol :

sherlock%20holmes.jpg

Keith Wyness was appointed ' non executive director ' of a company called Fluid Leader Group in July last year ( same month he left Everton ) .

The company received substancial benefits last year from a certain Sheikh Faisal Bin Khalid

Mohammed Al Qassimi :P

http://www.investegate.co.uk/Article.aspx?...0812182447PDAB1

It's a connection at least :lol: