IGNORED

Darron Gibson

I'd guess that means they're sorting out the legal implications for his contract then first before posting anything. If they planned to keep him there'd be some "naughty boy, but the club will deal with it" kind of news.

yeah i'm sure the lawyers are scouring the contract trying to find a way out, i don't blame them TBH, 50k a week is a lot of money to us for a injured party boy.

yeah i'm sure the lawyers are scouring the contract trying to find a way out, i don't blame them TBH, 50k a week is a lot of money to us for a injured party boy.

If he was a boy I'd have a bit of sympathy, youngster with shitloads of money and nothing but time on his hands you can understand making bad decisions. This is a seasoned pro we're talking about. No excuses (not that you were making any).

To be honest - would there be an outcry to sack him if it was Rom or Barkley? No, a massive amount of disappointment but there would be none of this "let him go" - there would be people looking to make excuses etc

It shouldn't come down to what he is costing us vs his usefulness to the side - but it probably will.

Personally I actually think if he has a problem then the club should support him as an employee. I am not happy with him by a long stretch and I was reliably told he was always on the lash a while ago whilst injured and acting up with his mates...but that kinda got ignored. I think having a tendancy to drink a bit more than the average pro will affect any player and its no wonder he's always injured.

In all honesty I think the drink culture in the country needs to get in line with how it has been with smoking. The human brain gets changed by drugs and addiction can take over - tobacco and alcohol are drugs, they just earn the government billions of pounds a year so its kinda OK with them.

Then again does the government want everyone functioning with a smart brain? Not really,

Personally I actually think if he has a problem then the club should support him as an employee. I am not happy with him by a long stretch and I was reliably told he was always on the lash a while ago whilst injured and acting up with his mates...but that kinda got ignored. I think having a tendancy to drink a bit more than the average pro will affect any player and its no wonder he's always injured.

you bring up a good point haf. if he was willing to do so on "unpaid leave" or something i could understand it, but collecting 50k a week to be in rehab? we just don't have the finance for that. and from reading the article, HE DOES!! 125k car, 2m house, on 50k a week, he can afford his own rehab and get his life back on track.

i'm with mike, he's an adult, if it was drinking and was caught drunk (not driving or hit and run), reprimand and work it out. But Drunk, and Driving, and Hit and Run? Nope.

Rom and Barkley haven't spent the majority of their Everton career injured, and then spent their recovery time going out and getting pissed and then driving while over the limit, hitting a cyclist and then driving off to hit a petrol pump.

That's why I said "IF".

Put it this way not many would be stating "rip up the contract" if One of our regular performing stars went and committed the same crime.

Guest rusty747

If its a one off the club should support him. If its more like the George Green situation then terminate his contract and on yer bike Gibbo. Only the player and the club know the answer to that.

But that's where the game, do the business on the pitch and the club will stand by you as you kung fu kick a fan, bite a player, kick an opponent in the head.

Not really, I'd still expect and want the club to be harsh with him and do what they saw fit, but when you couple it with the fact that he's spent more time injured than he has playing and is currently out injured but spends his time getting pissed during that recovery and then breaking the law? It shows where his priorities lie; and it's not with Everton Football Club. The club which pays him very well to actually play football.

Again, I'll just state that he's the only player at this club who can actually pass.

I also think he may be our best passer of the ball. But, unfortunately we've seen him healthy for a grand total of half a season or so since he's been here. It's a shame what has happened to his career with injuries. His behavior off the pitch also makes me question whether or not he's actually put in the work to get himself fit. There's a lot of wasted potential, across the board, with him.

I also think he may be our best passer of the ball. But, unfortunately we've seen him healthy for a grand total of half a season or so since he's been here. It's a shame what has happened to his career with injuries. His behavior off the pitch also makes me question whether or not he's actually put in the work to get himself fit. There's a lot of wasted potential, across the board, with him.

Spot on. Quinn I've never seen a pass from the physio table make it to the pitch, have you? ;)

Edited by markjazzbassist

I agree. I just can't get over it. Darron Gibson is to our midfield what Alfa Romeo's are to the former Top Gear cast and petrolheads around the world. It's brilliant when it works, but unfortunately that's far too rare.... Gibson is the band that made one great album and then broke up. Lads, I think I'm heartbroken.

To be honest - would there be an outcry to sack him if it was Rom or Barkley? No, a massive amount of disappointment but there would be none of this "let him go" - there would be people looking to make excuses etc

It shouldn't come down to what he is costing us vs his usefulness to the side - but it probably will.

In all honesty I think the drink culture in the country needs to get in line with how it has been with smoking. The human brain gets changed by drugs and addiction can take over - tobacco and alcohol are drugs, they just earn the government billions of pounds a year so its kinda OK with them.

Then again does the government want everyone functioning with a smart brain? Not really,

Excellent point. The hypocrisy surrounding alcohol in this country is staggering.

Great point Haf and that's why I noted do we support him, for one if the rumours of not first time etc are true I think we are better off rid, someone else will snap him up and as said he can afford his own rehab, the issues is whilst they are adults allot of them are so molly coddled through life they have no sense of responsibility so I would worry for him if we let him go.

They've not done with Green, Drenthe, AVDM, Junior, why would the club look after Gibson?

Don't think it's the clubs business at all. It's up to him to seek treatment.