IGNORED

Transfer Disappointments Yet Again?

ok so last season we lost as I remember from a small squad we lost the following gravesen, mannie, carsley, faddy, and jonson. we b rought in felli jacobsen castillo jo saha and nash so 6 to replace 5 in terms of money in and out i think we almost broke even.

This season we have let go valente castillo jo van de meyde jacobsen that's 5 gone again. We have bought in no first team squad players and yet we can make decisions to let jacobsen go. So to just get back to equal numbers for last season we need to bring in 5 but on top of that we need really another 3 or 4 there is no way we will get the quality we need in 9 players.

Doesn't our preseason start in July that means we need to sign two players a week.

I am fucking pissed off

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Christ all mighty. Rant when the transfer window is closed. We still have plenty of time, and complaining about some of the players being released is a bit much. Castillio would have cost us £4.5m and is not worth it, Jo would be an expensive acquisition, probably around £12m. Its annoying that we let Jacobson go but calm down a little, its only the end of June, there is no reason to get stressed just yet.

Remember we have 3 players to come back off injury, just looking at our squad I'm not sure you're right to worry though:

Goal: 4

Tim Howard - Solid and in good form

Carlo Nash - As of yet not required, but I doubt he could fill Howard's boots

Iain Turner - Championship goalie

John Ruddy - League 1 goalie

Defence: 5

Tony Hibbert - ....

Joleon Lescott - If he stays

Joeseph Yobo - Can't help but think his best years are gone

Phil Jagielka - Luckily for us his best years lie ahead

Leighton Baines - Could develop into England's first choice LB this season if he plays his cards right

Midfield: 7

Tim Cahill - Legend

Mikel Arteta - Legend

Leon Osman - Myth

Dan Gosling - Pub fact

Marouane Fellaini - Will be great for us in years to come, useful now too

Steven Pienaar - Probably going to be as influential as anyone next season

James Wallace - I have no idea

Attack: 6

Lukas Jutkiewicz - Pointless

Victor Anichebe - Useless, sell him

James Vaughan - Needs to answer the call....soon

Yakubu - The Yak

Louis Saha - Supersub

Jose Baxter - Too young, needs to be loaned out

Utility: 2

Jack Rodwell - Nuff said

Phil Neville - Pip still has legs

That's 24 players, if we add 5 we'll have 29, and I doubt Moyes will make many mistakes knowing that if he gets the right players the champs league is in his sights. I think 29, considering we play 4-5-1 isn't a bad number to have. We have 5 fringe players, so that's who they'd account for.

All in all we need another defender, preferably right back, another midfielder, preferably right side or defense mid, another attacker and a vowel

5 players would suit me fine thinking about it. And that's 1 every 2 weeks between now and the transfer window closing. Piece of piss.

Whats slightly annoying about this is the seemless inability for the club to put people's minds at rest why don't they say we are not trying to keep jacobsen or say he wants to high wages it doesn't make sense. My only hope is moyes has a quality rb lined up because we won't survive the season with hibbert first choice and neville as cover.

Right wing is by far the most important position we have enough CM I agree a dm would be nice but I would prefer we addressed the right wing and right back slot first.

Pennant not great but it would be something

Whats slightly annoying about this is the seemless inability for the club to put people's minds at rest why don't they say we are not trying to keep jacobsen or say he wants to high wages it doesn't make sense. My only hope is moyes has a quality rb lined up because we won't survive the season with hibbert first choice and neville as cover.

Right wing is by far the most important position we have enough CM I agree a dm would be nice but I would prefer we addressed the right wing and right back slot first.

Pennant not great but it would be something

Meanwhile in the real world of business.....why on earth would they discuss details. He is sold, end of. I am sure Jacobsen will come out in the papers and say something. "Seamless inability" only comes into play for some fans who expect signings left, right and centre as soon as the season ends. Let's not forget a lot of players contracts loose a year in value on 1st July so deals are unlikely to be concluded until after that date.

Year after year, we're being linked with top-class players. Moutinho, Cana, Reyes, Huddlestone, Owen. And all the other players I didn't mention. But none of them seem to go through. Last year it seems Moyes bought Fellaini just to please the fans who would've caused an upset if no expensive transfers went through. Quality player, but still.

This year, although early in the silly season, seems to be another letdown. We're being linked with all these great players, and none of them seem to go through. Latest is that Doyle signed for Wolverhampton. Lars Jacobsen now joined Blackburn. And I think he did a good job last year in the few games he played. Now we need another player covering (and maybe better, even regular) for Hibbert. Kyle Naughton being snapped up by Villa (eventually), and Gudjohnsen not signing. Is there no truth in these rumours whatsoever? And why don't people want to join Everton over other lesser clubs? I know football is all about money these days... and I know it's early summer still, so please bear with me, but still...

Get the hopes up with quality links, then water it down with players not signing, or signing elsewhere. And even lesser players than we're linked with. That makes Toffee-fans not happy. But I guess that is life? I do not like media.

So, are we in for another summer of transfer dissappointments?

Last year it seems Moyes bought Fellaini just to please the fans...

What :huh: ? That's the daftest statement I've heard all silly-season.

And it's not the club or Moyes that get up hopes.....it's the press and us.

It's not July until tomorrow....all will be well ;) .

What :huh: ? That's the daftest statement I've heard all silly-season.

Yeah, I know.. but the fans were all desperate for a big signing. And all season nothing happened. And there were other options like M'Bia and Moutinho who were more fronted in media. It is the Everton way to do it, though. Bargain behind the scenes. That's why I said it :-)

I see what you mean about the disappointment. I check all the lastest everton (and general) trasnfer news everyday. A few weeks ago setanta had reported that everton where in talks with Moutinho, only for the roumers to die then down. But if there's one top player that I recon everton will get, it is Owen. He still has the time to become England's best stricker once again.

Edited by EFC247

I have to say I'm concerned but then again I would not want most of the players that are being linked to us. Mike is right, its July 1st tomorrow and with DM supposedly returning from holiday etc, we'll see what happens. We need in my view a right back, right winger, centre mid, and striker as priorities. I would like to see cover brought in at centre back as well.

If Lescott leaves for City (IMO a foregone conclusion that he will) then money surely would be spent but the big question is are we holding out for such and would some or all of the Lescott money be given to Moyes? Would it be added to any potential funds we currently have in place, if any? (probably modest funding, at best in any case).

Players will arrive, they always will, but what I think we are all looking for is the quality and timing of those arrivals. Moyes has said often enough in the past that he prefers to do business early which for me means, the month of July. If we come back to this topic in 4 weeks and find that we have signed 3 players that fit our requirements, then I will be happy knowing that we have another month to maybe add to it in the forms of loans and/or bosmans, and more if Lescott has gone.

The summer is a frustrating period but the phoney war is almost over so the good thing is that we'll soon know one way or another what cards Moyes has been dealt with. If we have some resources, I want players in in the next few weeks. There is NO EXCUSE for last summer's fiasco, unless once again Bill and Co. find they have bugger all to play with.

I thought last summer that there was no way the Everton could repeat the absolute PR disaster that was our transfer dealings or lack of last summer. I still hold to that view, however I have been following Everton long enough so really wouldn't be surprised to find otherwise.

Hoping for good news, expecting no news is probably an apt proverb!

Meanwhile in the real world of business.....why on earth would they discuss details. He is sold, end of. I am sure Jacobsen will come out in the papers and say something. "Seamless inability" only comes into play for some fans who expect signings left, right and centre as soon as the season ends. Let's not forget a lot of players contracts loose a year in value on 1st July so deals are unlikely to be concluded until after that date.

what a stupid thing to say I was not asking for massive amounts of detail about the deal just for them to comment on why they let him go.

Also my frustation at the lack of signings is that we are desparate for numbers and quality and it's 4 weeks since the end of the season and two weeks before we play our first preseason game. It's common knowledge that signings who are involved in preseason get a better start. so that in mind surely even someone as stupid as yourself cna understand the importance of getting people in early.The fact that you have had a pictue of Nugent for the last year on your profile speaks volumes.

what a stupid thing to say I was not asking for massive amounts of detail about the deal just for them to comment on why they let him go.

seemless (by the way it is spelt "seamless") inability was a stupid thing to say. I am guessing you are still quite young without a grasp on any sort of business..?

so that in mind surely even someone as stupid as yourself cna understand

If you want to get into an intelligence battle that is fine by me. By the way, can is spelt "can" not "cna".

The fact that you have had a pictue of Nugent for the last year on your profile speaks volumes.

And what does that have to do with anything? Anyone who has been on the forum for a while knows why I have the avatar as Nugent.

I tend to avoid any thread started by you, you post dribble over and over but for some reason I read this thread and it didn't disappoint.

I love when people banter on here they pick on peoples typo's as if it adds any value to the debate.

I addressed your comments with two main points neither of which you decided to reply to. Instead picking out childish typos.

The dig about nugent was slightly underhand but it does baffle me what you have it there for.

In terms of my threads being dribble My main point in all this is we have made no move in the market in 4 weeks with 2 weeks left until preseason. Moyes admits he likes to get players in early. So I am frustrated by that set of circumstances compounded by the jacobsen deal or lack of.

What does any of that have to do with business and why would I particulary care about it as a business deal. I am here as a football fan not an accountant.

The minute Everton give details about transfers is the same minute were we piss off every agent and director of football and nobody does any business with us.

Come on folks, you know this, there are gentleman's agreements in business, and this is one of them.

The club have not officially made bids for anyone - although I think our free transfers (owen and Pennant) are probably in place, I am assuming we are in the stages of establishing the players we need and how much we will need to pay to get them. There is also the tactic of how to go about getting our players in if we are to sell Joleon - personally if we announce the sale of Joleon and then bid for players then we will be in big trouble as there will be a £3m premium added to any buys and any benefit of selling Lescott to stregthen squad will be far less.

Personally I want us to get Fabian from Leeds, not fussed on M'Bia at £10m considering he sounds like a mercenary already. Wouldn't mind Michael Bradley, get Kyle Naughton and if poss, Moutinho. As said above, July 1st is when it kicks off so let's sit tight. Kenwright and co would be very foolish to allow a similar situation to last year to happen and I would be surprised if Moyes top targets were not achieved. Striker wise, I am not sure who we can or should get.

what annoys me is the fact that anyone half decent we get linked with in the papers is denied within days, yet shit bags like the u21 goaly(whos complete garbage, not even James would have fekked up that badly) dont get denied, which makes you wonder if were attually going after such crap.

We are the 5th best team in England an its time we started going for better players that will make us the 4th best team rether then keep us 5th.

Whats the point in buying a u21 goal keeper, we already got enought.

what annoys me is the fact that anyone half decent we get linked with in the papers is denied within days, yet shit bags like the u21 goaly(whos complete garbage, not even James would have fekked up that badly) dont get denied, which makes you wonder if were attually going after such crap.

We are the 5th best team in England an its time we started going for better players that will make us the 4th best team rether then keep us 5th.

Whats the point in buying a u21 goal keeper, we already got enought.

If you are on about the England U21 game last night then you have got the wrong keeper we have been linked with Lewis from Peterborough that was Loach from Watford

These people that think the club should tell them anything & everything are the same people that would walk into a showroom & say "ive got such & such to spend..... what have you got?"

They just dont get it and never will...........................

Why do people who are of a certain opinion no nothing when you think you know it all.

People keep going on about us as a business and I fully understand the concept and how it affects our transfers but it doesn't have any baring on my view about why we let jacobsen go when we were trying to keep him. or why moyes says he likes to get players in early but then doesn't act in the first 4 weeks of the transfer window.

why say things and then be contradicted by your actions. I rate moyes really highly but we can't keep going every summer letting our squad players go only to be replaced by a whole set of new ones next season. Currently of the players bought in last season we only still have 3 of them and only one of them improved the first team.

Because I hate to see this happening doesn't make me less of fan.

...we let jacobsen go when we were trying to keep him. or why moyes says he likes to get players in early but then doesn't act in the first 4 weeks of the transfer window.

Two questions.

How do you know we were trying to keep him?

How do you know Moyes has done nothing?