IGNORED

Why Aren't We Hearing From Moyes?

Grarghsie , stop being a brown nose .

It doesn't become you .

Most threads here go off topic too . If you don't think that , then perhaps you don't read them enough . NSNO is no different .

There is nothing wrong with busy forums . Kipper is a joke , as it is simply too busy , and nothing gets read , but on the other hand , you have a slow forum , and you have the equivalent of telephone chess , where you simply can't have a discussion , as replies are too long coming , and waiting 4 hours for a reply to your comment , or logging in to see only 7 new posts can be a bit tedious .

Somewhere inbetween is a happy medium .

Take a look at our top 20 posters , and then take a look at the last date they visited .

Take a look on just how many members we have here who have never posted , or made one post .

Forums always have a large percentage of posts from a small core of members , and the rest of the members tend to flicker in the distance .

Don't be sucked into the fact that members only want to talk about Everton .

Forums are a social event , and the only restrictions are the rules set out by the Admins . I can think of 6 - 10 members here , that if they took a so called ' off season break ' , the pages here would be very empty indeed .

? Oh really . :rolleyes:

Sorry but how childish can you be? I disagreed with you. I didn't tell the teachers that you were smoking behind the bike shed. Your posts went into an ongoing discussion, they weren't deleted. It is the same volume of posting, just better organised and integrated with other similar lines of discussion.

You seem to have misunderstood me, I wasn't referring to NSNO being busier, I was referring to the fact that whenever there is something marginally new to the discussion somebody creates a new thread. This type of posting is sloppy and is not encouraged anywhere on the internet because it is unfriendly to members who only visit once or twice a day as they cannot easily find all of the discussion in one place.

Taxi, you don't need to try and explain how forums run to me, I have moderated multiple gaming forums in the last 5-6 years, I know how things work.

Edited by Grarghsies

My opinion...i agree with Taxi in terms of keeping people entertained, strictly Everton stuff will get boring as NOTHING is happenin to really talk about, we're bloody repeating each other! I really like this forum, i would prefer it if it flowed more, as 'i' feel the chopping and changing is getting confusing!? : :blink: the banter is ok, but sometimes the comments are a bit strong, you dont always have to write down your feelings, especially if they are insulting. we're on her to discuss opinions and findings that we all feel others may like to know, noone wants to be called a dick? also another thing, ive had comments and stuff deleted without being notified as to why, thats starting to piss me off a little! i respect the rules in place but if something i have said maybe deemed unnacceptable, i'd like to know before its cleaned off? i will happily take it on the chin if i upset someone (not insult). Only one member has had the decentcy to do so previous, and i actually respect that member more than most because of it ;) so notification would be appreciated...the crayola corner comment i took over an hour doing was the catalyst.

Guest efctaxi
Sorry but how childish can you be? I disagreed with you. I didn't tell the teachers that you were smoking behind the bike shed. Your posts went into an ongoing discussion, they weren't deleted. It is the same volume of posting, just better organised and integrated with other similar lines of discussion.

You seem to have misunderstood me, I wasn't referring to NSNO being busier, I was referring to the fact that whenever there is something marginally new to the discussion somebody creates a new thread. This type of posting is sloppy and is not encouraged anywhere on the internet because it is unfriendly to members who only visit once or twice a day as they cannot easily find all of the discussion in one place.

Taxi, you don't need to try and explain how forums run to me, I have moderated multiple gaming forums in the last 5-6 years, I know how things work.

No problem with you disagreeing with me , but was there any need for the ' even an idiot ' comment at the end ?

Interesting that you were a moderator on gaming forums .

Would either have been Far Cry by any chance ? :)

FPS games have no community man, only place you'll find community is RPG/RTS/MMORPG.

I used to write/mod for gamerdna.com back when it was GuildCafé, they got a couple of million in venture capital, and among others Only-WAR.com back for 2-3 years when we were the the largest Warhammer Online fansite in the world, with roughly 40,000 members. Before Curse and IGN started buying out the competition and pretty much pushing us out of the market with money.

And for that comment, I type how I speak, and that's how I would've said it. :)

Now, back on topic!

Edited by Grarghsies

Oh My God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We haven't signed anybody, it's the 4th July, time is running out, what are we going to do, relegation looms, Burnley, Wolves and Birmingham are all strenghthening their teams (really trying not to laugh out loud ).................get a grip. If we went out and bought 5 or 6 players in the first week of the window some people would have been moaning that it was panic spending without any thought gone into the purchases. We moaned in the past that as soon as we say we are on the trail of someone the deal gets hi-jacked, the price rockets or wage demands increse. Do we really know if anyone is lined up, deals ready to be finalised or we just haven't got a clue who we are wanting to buy. Well my friends only those inside the inner sanctum will know that and persoanlly i'm happy to let them have that worry. If we sign somebody, then great, if we don't then quite frankly we don't. Further to that whoever we sign will please some and annoy others, take Fellaini for example. For the time being we'll just get on with doing what we know best and that is support the Blues. No amount of browbeating, disappointed fans or whatever will change incomings or outgoings. I know it's understandable to be disappointed, angry or whatever but my philosphy is that it is something out of my hands and I can't do anything about it (although I'm sure someone will tell me otherwise). Enjoy your holidays and stop worrying because I do get the impression from most people that we believe in Moyes and that we are in safe hands (although I'm sure someone will tell me otherwise, part 2).

Edited by The Beard

Guest efctaxi
FPS games have no community man, only place you'll find community is RPG/RTS/MMORPG.

I used to write/mod for gamerdna.com back when it was GuildCafé, they got a couple of million in venture capital, and among others Only-WAR.com back for 2-3 years when we were the the largest Warhammer Online fansite in the world, with roughly 40,000 members. Before Curse and IGN started buying out the competition and pretty much pushing us out of the market with money.

And for that comment, I type how I speak, and that's how I would've said it. :)

Now, back on topic!

I see you've changed your story from 5-6 years ago to 2-3 years ago :lol:

At only 17 years old now , you must have been the worlds youngest moderator :lmaosmiley:

And FPS have no community ?

I guess the fact that Cod 4 'alone' having 20,000 servers 'live' as we speak , and many FPS games selling 10 million plus copies accounts for the fact that there is no community . :rolleyes:

I wish you were from somewhere like Scotland , or Norfolk etc , as I would have had a lot of fun reading your posts considering you type as you speak . :lol:

I can just imagine a post on the lines of ' Hee yuuuur Jamma , stack tha wee corment op yee wee jacksa beefowa yee gets een yee wee taxa ' :lol:

I see you've changed your story from 5-6 years ago to 2-3 years ago :lol:

At only 17 years old now , you must have been the worlds youngest moderator :lmaosmiley:

And FPS have no community ?

I guess the fact that Cod 4 'alone' having 20,000 servers 'live' as we speak , and many FPS games selling 10 million plus copies accounts for the fact that there is no community . :rolleyes:

I wish you were from somewhere like Scotland , or Norfolk etc , as I would have had a lot of fun reading your posts considering you type as you speak . :lol:

I can just imagine a post on the lines of ' Hee yuuuur Jamma , stack tha wee corment op yee wee jacksa beefowa yee gets een yee wee taxa ' :lol:

Actually I didn't change my story, I just so happened to be involved with Only-WAR for the last 3 years.

And I doubt I was the youngest, teenagers know a whole lot more about internet community and culture than most, and since the internet is a meritocracy you'll find that because they're usually the most capable for the job that teenagers are represented at all levels of internet culture.

And size of player base does not equal community. CoD4 has an awful community for a game that has such a huge playerbase. FPS's are notorious for attracting the immature audience. CoD4 forum discussions usually range from OMG BAN HIM and OMG i wuz liek baned nd stuff to "Which is better, P90 or MP5, thread no. 98". Don't get me wrong, CoD4 is a quality game, but the community is awful.

Now I was perhaps unfair in saying all FPS's, as there are a few FPS's with a good community. Battlefield 2 (specifically that one), Half-Life 2 and assorted Source games/mod, Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory and ArmA2. These games have quality mods and an all-round quality community... but in general FPS's are not the haven of creativity and community that the RTS/RPG/MMORPG scene is. That grouping usually tends to attract the better type of player (WoW exempted of course).

EDIT: Again, topic?

Edited by Grarghsies

Maybe the dicks comment was over the top but I still think saha is a waste of space and no one is going to change that opinion so no point in trying.

In terms of me not knowing the inside business working of a football club your right but I don't want to know about internal workings just external recruitment.

OK so everyone is saying be patient and it will happen can you tell me when you guys will stop saying be patient and start saying shit we haven't signed anyone.

Moyes being on holiday should have little baring on signings as I would hope robert elstone would be on the case with moyes targets. Also if moyes has said he wanted to do his business when the window opens it's been open for a month now.

Robert elstone said back in early June that we were working hard and talking to players if that is true does it really take a month to sign someone. Man U signed Owen in 2 days.

You are very thickheaded.

I posted this on your 'I hate saha-thread' a while back: there is no reason for you to hate him at all (injury proneness isn't one of them, seeing half the squad is)

And your obsession about him is becoming quite pathetic (half your posts must be about him)

Maybe the thinking was that we haven't heard from him because he's busy boarding a plane for whatever person.

can still hear from him before he got on maybe? dont think movin the thread to here was right because the point was to discuss why moyes was on the plane and not that it could be a reason for not hearin from him. now what we have is two different topics on one thread :rolleyes:

Guest efctaxi
can still hear from him before he got on maybe? dont think movin the thread to here was right because the point was to discuss why moyes was on the plane and not that it could be a reason for not hearin from him. now what we have is two different topics on one thread :rolleyes:

Thankyou :)

At last , someone who hasn't been in the pub all afternoon . :D

:lol::lol::lol::lol: back from the pub.......

Whats been going on here............. all the banter..... and without me........

Must admit... taxi thinks I dislike him but his posts are entertaining..... I think we have a bit of love hate banter... I like that.... dont mind it at all...

At least you reply taxi.............. or at least join in........

There are a few members on here that you can have a bit of banter with... Id like to think Im one of them..... some are just a little........................

Guest efctaxi
:lol::lol::lol::lol: back from the pub.......

Whats been going on here............. all the banter..... and without me........

Must admit... taxi thinks I dislike him but his posts are entertaining..... I think we have a bit of love hate banter... I like that.... dont mind it at all...

At least you reply taxi.............. or at least join in........

There are a few members on here that you can have a bit of banter with... Id like to think Im one of them..... some are just a little........................

Who moi ? Never :D

Danger_Mouse_003.jpg

I think a large percentage can be attributed to your avatar .

It doesn't shout out ' love me ' :lol:

I judge people by their avatars . It's a simple way of establishing who is who lol . :lmaosmiley:

Agree about the Mod thing though..... bit of a closed ship... I dare not say "click" (clique) again...I got told off last time....

Persecution complex there I think DM....you weren't told off at all, just invited to come up with some evidence...but you didn't respond :) .

What I said was...

Your point is shite. There is no "click."

That suggests exclusivity which there isn't and I challenge you to find any evidence of it. It's not a clique if anyone can join in, which they can.

Guest efctaxi
Persecution complex there I think DM....you weren't told off at all, just invited to come up with some evidence...but you didn't respond :) .

What I said was...

It's in the hidden section of the forum , for those high enough in the food chain to have a tick next to ' can view ' and ' can post ' . :lol:

It's in the hidden section of the forum , for those high enough in the food chain to have a tick next to ' can view ' and ' can post ' . :lol:

Every forum is moderated, that's just the easiest way to communicate with each other. Could do it by PM I suppose if people are bothered by it, but I see no reason why they should be.

Guest efctaxi
Every forum is moderated, that's just the easiest way to communicate with each other. Could do it by PM I suppose if people are bothered by it, but I see no reason why they should be.

Doh ... has someone moderated your sense of humour :D

most of the summer months are arguments due to general frustration of evertonians in these difficult periods.

we treat everybody the same, members and mods have all had posts deleted, threads moved, and tellings off for their actions. none of us are perfect, but we take a lot of pride in this place, and i think your being a bit harsh. this is just my view, and not necessarily the view of us all.

and the comment section is there for a reason, if anyone cares to make a comment or suggestion, we will take it seriously (unless its on the lines of "why dont we have a liverpool section")

Edited by StevO

Guest efctaxi
most of the summer months are arguments due to general frustration of evertonians in these difficult periods.

we treat everybody the same, members and mods have all had posts deleted, threads moved, and tellings off for their actions. none of us are perfect, but we take a lot of pride in this place, and i think your being a bit harsh. this is just my view, and not necessarily the view of us all.

and the comment section is there for a reason, if anyone cares to make a comment or suggestion, we will take it seriously (unless its on the lines of "why dont we have a liverpool section")

Have you read the comments section lately Steve ?

Not exactly what I would call encouraging responses to ideas regarding the edit facility was it . :huh:

http://www.toffeetalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=17956

And regarding merging , 3 of my last 4 threads have been merged , yet a totally obvious one , such as the example regarding avoiding transfer stress wasn't .

I don't think that's being harsh to be fair mate , but more stating facts . :)

In the Jacko thread , the rules were posted as an objection to an admins post , and the post containing the rules was deleted . Don't the rules apply to admin ?

It's great that you take pride in it , and overall , the forum is run very well , with an excellent membership of very nice people , but sometimes I think all this merging can be a bit restrictive and confusing .

It's your forum , your rules , but we're not children here mate , and when we think something sux , you can normally count on it having at least a degree of validity .

we all do our best, we cant please everybody.

there is a lot of threads on the site, and i know i personally dont see every thread and post on here, as i'm sure i'd lose my job and my girlfriend if i did.

again, as above, we do our best.

im pretty sure the majority of our regular members are happy with the way things are run on here.

edit;

ive just read that thread you linked, i dont see the problem? mike said louis would have to look.

personally i dont see the issue of a line saying edit.

Edited by StevO

Guest efctaxi
we all do our best, we cant please everybody.

there is a lot of threads on the site, and i know i personally dont see every thread and post on here, as i'm sure i'd lose my job and my girlfriend if i did.

again, as above, we do our best.

im pretty sure the majority of our regular members are happy with the way things are run on here.

Ok mate , fair enough .

I'll keep my trouble causing mouth shut in future .

Don't want to spoil things for your regular members .

Have a nice weekend , and thanks for doing a great job .