IGNORED

Rodwell

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rodwell Kissock and Vaughan, maybe Vidarsson. i dont see Victor or Hughes making it, but i hope they prove me wrong

Are four quality youth players coming through not enough like? Most teams are lucky to get two in a 5 year period. I agree about Victor not making it but I reckon Hughes has what it takes.

tbh i think it will be vidarrson who wont make it. i know we havnt seen him but i dont think hel get a chance here.

as for victor i dunno. i want him to stay i think hes a useful player. hughes i reckon will make it. he looked good against luton and peterboro. if were guarenteed to finish in the top 6 this season (i know its hard to say now but say if we did) we should play him for the last few games. that will be a good indication on how good he is

Are four quality youth players coming through not enough like? Most teams are lucky to get two in a 5 year period. I agree about Victor not making it but I reckon Hughes has what it takes.

its 4 with potential, i know my standards are high, but i wanna see our youth team winning everthing, hopefully with the new academy we will be able to attract the best youth players and nuture them in the best facilities. save the club a fortune!

tbh i think it will be vidarrson who wont make it. i know we havnt seen him but i dont think hel get a chance here.

as for victor i dunno. i want him to stay i think hes a useful player. hughes i reckon will make it. he looked good against luton and peterboro. if were guarenteed to finish in the top 6 this season (i know its hard to say now but say if we did) we should play him for the last few games. that will be a good indication on how good he is

i agree, can't see vidarsson ever breaking through

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

If Sheffield United can ask for £7million for a player that's only played around 40 games at Championship level then £9million wouldn't even buy you Rodwell's boots.

Well said squire.....rodders is a very level headed young lad..... his sense of loyalty and dignified approach will keep him out of the clutches of fergie for many years and he will achieve all he wants to in the game with the team he loves!!! 9 million?? In the current market, taking into account his potential it would have to be nearer 15!!

Edited by Felli'slovechild

If Sheffield United can ask for £7million for a player that's only played around 40 games at Championship level then £9million wouldn't even buy you Rodwell's boots.

Well said squire.....rodders is a very level headed young lad..... his sense of loyalty and dignified approach will keep him out of the clutches of fergie for many years and he will achieve all he wants to in the game with the team he loves!!! 9 million?? In the current market, taking into account his potential it would have to be nearer 15!!

I wouldnt sell him for 20, this lad is going to be the future england centerhalf.

Agree. I am someone who tends to acknowledge that everyone has their price and whilst I am delighted with our team, there are not many that I would be gutted to lose if the price was decent enough. However, Rodwell must be kept for at least 3 years (I would love to think he would stay for much longer but the depressing reality of football kicks in at some stage).

If Lescott does leave this summer, it would not surpruse me if we started playing Jack at CB from this coming season.

Other than Moyes, Jack is the best asset we have at present.

if the mancs will pay £9m now then given their level of scouting etc it's reinforcing many opinions that the lad is going to be world class. You can not sell potential, it worked well with jeffers but now, no way. Keep him. Sell joleon for £20m, buy a couple of midfielders and a right back, leave this lad alone. Why do we need to sell to the Mancs??? If we want to win the league at some stage, why sell our best.

i think j-rod may leave everton at some stage in his career if he develops into the player we all know he can be, however now is way to early for him to move on. he wouldn't develop as fast at the mancs purely due to the fact he won't play as much and he is different to rooney as rooney was already a excellent player at the age of 18 where as jack still has a long way to go.

the club should resist all offers for the remainder of his 5 years and we have'nt become a force to be reckoned with by then, sell him on for £25-30 million

Reports are linking him to united. Even though it probably won't happen, well, it won't if rodwells a true blue.

Link Here

I hate Sir Alex enough already, and if he signs rodwell, im gonna be so angry!

We keep getting these good youngsters, and then bigger teams snatch them. It happend with rooney, but I hope to god it doesn't happen to Rodders aswell. It also happend with that Macheda guy that he got from sporting.

Edited by EFC247

Already been discussed in this thread.

He won't be going anywhere at the moment. He will be under a contract and at his age David Moyes will not be willing to sell him, I don't think that there would be a repeat of Wayne Rooney, Manchester United would not pay that much money for Rodders. It's nothing to worry about IMO, he could well leave a few years down the line but at this stage he's going to remain a blue.