IGNORED

Rodwell

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All the peeps in here saying how they wouldnt sell him for £9 million :blink: Course you would and the club would, yes he is young, yes he has potential, and yes he might become an England centre half, but at the moment he is a bench man, a bit part player who wont get into the team unless we have some injuries, and he does'nt need to be replaced. So if anybody comes in with a £9m offer the club will say thank you very much, and that money would buy us a good Right/Left wide man.

All the peeps in here saying how they wouldnt sell him for £9 million :blink: Course you would and the club would, yes he is young, yes he has potential, and yes he might become an England centre half, but at the moment he is a bench man, a bit part player who wont get into the team unless we have some injuries, and he does'nt need to be replaced. So if anybody comes in with a £9m offer the club will say thank you very much, and that money would buy us a good Right/Left wide man.

He "was" a bench man.

Too much speculation around his talent that we will need to play him more and more next season otherwise his mind will wonder to other clubs. I really do see Neville having less to do and Rodwell playing more.

I don't agree with that at all, NO WAY will we sell Rodwell at this stage in his career unless the bid is in excess of £15-20m. Moyes knows how good Rodwell is going to get, the same as everyone knew Rooney was a future star. Why sell him now for £9m when in 2 years he could be worth £20m or more. Lescott is the more likely to go, mainly because his value is the highest it will ever be and we have Rodwell coming through to fill his boots. £9m wouldn't get you that much these days so why lose our best prospect?

I don't agree with that at all, NO WAY will we sell Rodwell at this stage in his career unless the bid is in excess of £15-20m. Moyes knows how good Rodwell is going to get, the same as everyone knew Rooney was a future star. Why sell him now for £9m when in 2 years he could be worth £20m or more. Lescott is the more likely to go, mainly because his value is the highest it will ever be and we have Rodwell coming through to fill his boots. £9m wouldn't get you that much these days so why lose our best prospect?[/b

I hear what you and everyone is saying Carl, but at the moment all he is is a "prospect" Francis Jeffers was a prospect, they dont all turn out like you would hope they will.

I dont think 9M is even close of the good offer. Even defenders arent that expensive than attackers these days(or never been) He canT be cheaper than Rio were when he moved to mancs from emmerdale. Then you need to add couple mills for the transferprizes has been got up lately overally. And i believe Moyes that we dont need to sell. So if the prize is going somewhere 22M+, the team might take a look about it. Im happy he made a long contract just a while ago, so hes not going, i hope

edited lol

Edited by LexKing

I hear what you and everyone is saying Carl, but at the moment all he is is a "prospect" Francis Jeffers was a prospect, they dont all turn out like you would hope they will.

I understand that, although Jeffers was notoriously arrogant and not universally liked, I think his failure was more to do with his mentality than his ability, that being said we got a fantastic price for him at the time. If we sold Rowell for £9m it would send out all the wrong messages, I can understand selling Lescott for a big price as he is older and his value is probably higher now than it will ever be, plus we have Rodwell coming through, but to sell Rodwell for his current value looks like desperation. If we were to sell Rodwell then I wouldn't take any less than £15m at the least. I don't think it'll happen for one minute anyway, I don't think Moyes will even entertain the idea of selling him, unless an absolutely silly offer comes in.

I dont think 9M is even close of the good offer. Even defenders arent that expensive than attackers these days(or never been) He can be cheaper than Rio were when he moved to mancs from hammers. Then you need to add couple mills for the transferprizes has been got up lately overally. And i believe Moyes that we dont need to sell. So if the prize is going somewhere 22M+, the team might take a look about it. Im happy he made a long contract just a while ago, so hes not going, i hope

Lex, you mean from Leeds to Mancs? Don't let Craccer see that :P

Wayne Rooney was a "prospect" look how much we sold for him, all be it he looked like he wouldnt be anything short of a superstar player but still it had the potential to be a jeffers.

stevie wonder could see rooney was to be a superstar!

Selling another home grown player to that lot is a big no no. It still hurts to see Rooney play for the mancs, however another player with unknown potential is a disaster waiting to happen, he could be the next Gerrard, such is his athleticism and engine, someone who can play centre half or midfield, to even contemplate this is just a joke. If we want to be a top 4 club, we need to keep our future stars, Lescott may not get much better and we know what we need to replace in Joleon, but when you don't know how good a player will be how do you priuce that? He could be a £100m player in 6 years - may be unlikely but the posibility is there with him more than any other player at the club.

Guest efctaxi

I think we're blowing the lads trumpet too much here .

If he was that good , wouldn't Pearce have shown him more playing time ?

Potential yes , but nothing like ready to take up his own starting position .

I think we're blowing the lads trumpet too much here .

If he was that good , wouldn't Pearce have shown him more playing time ?

Potential yes , but nothing like ready to take up his own starting position .

I don't really think that's something that should be considered. Pearce has pretty much been working with the same squad of England players for the past 2 years, but Rodwell wasn't playing in games for us 2 years and has only recently gotten into the England squad. It's no wonder he showed more faith in Muamba over Rodwell.

I don't really think that's something that should be considered. Pearce has pretty much been working with the same squad of England players for the past 2 years, but Rodwell wasn't playing in games for us 2 years and has only recently gotten into the England squad. It's no wonder he showed more faith in Muamba over Rodwell.

Plus rodwell was the youngest in the squad - 3 years younger than most. Rodwell will be captain of that side in 3 years if he's not already in the full england squad.

I wouldn't sell him at any price.

Haha where do they get this shite from the man himself has said once he's finished at United he's going to Oldham or thats how he'd like to end his career and im sure United will honor his wishes, Its ashame he is knocking on now and is a shadow of his former self as he's been one of the best long term players this league's had but at 34 and not much in the tank i wouldn't swap him for any of our players especially one of our brightest prospects.

Edited by EFC-Paul

in 2 or 3 of the papers today that Moyes wants Paul Scholes, are we really going 2 go for a has been that is paul scholes, i mean come on, his best is 2-3 seasons ago. now he injury prone.

Is this showing lack or ambition or despration on Moyes part

edit:didn't no this was already mentioned so i start my own thread.

Thanks for moving it romey

Edited by Adpom