IGNORED

Rodwell

everyones gonna want a new deal now...if rodwell (a bench player) is on 40k, why aren't i and i play more than he does?

I suspect we'll see a lot more of Rodwell next year. I think we're going to make serious pushes in both cups and we'll need as full a squad as we can assemble. Felli may also take some time to get back in, and I can see Rodwell roaming all over the center of midfield, especially early in the season.

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suspect we'll see a lot more of Rodwell next year. I think we're going to make serious pushes in both cups and we'll need as full a squad as we can assemble. Felli may also take some time to get back in, and I can see Rodwell roaming all over the center of midfield, especially early in the season.

felli fancies himself back for pre-season though. would you play rodwell over felli or arteta? only in cup games against marine or something

The article says "on a contract that will swiftly rise to £40k a week". To me that suggests the contract will start at some point below £40k (for argument's sake, say £20k) and be structured to include a series of incremental rises, triggered at fixed points in time or maybe depending on appearances. I think that's fair enough - we all hope he's gonna be at least a £40k-a-week player in a season or two, don't we?

The other thing is we've got to dangle some sort of big wages carrot to him because if Manure, Chelski or Shitty were to snap him up, he'd be handed that kind of money no problem. People on this site have been calling him 'future England captain' since he was still in nappies, and now no-one wants to pay the lad top-class wages! I think we'll see plenty of him next season, and if Moyes didn't see him as a first team player, that kind of offer wouldn't be on the table.

Edited by nogs

People on this site have been calling him 'future England captain' since he was still in nappies, and now no-one wants to pay the lad top-class wages !

Will they be the same people who then moan when Chelsea or Man Utd do offer him big bucks.......and he leaves.

Even if he signs this contract if those clubs you mention come calling they'll still blow us out of the water on wages, so it's not really going to make any difference in that way tbh.

I just think the amount of money we're offering for someone who, right now, is just a bit-part player, is ridiculous, he hasn't earnt such a big rise. I wouldn't be bothered if he'd been tearing up trees for us but all he's done is show glimpses, that's it.

I think 40K a week is a bit steep when I carnt see how hes going to get into the starting 11..... Id like to see us use him in that "Gerrard" role if hes up to it... He seems to relish playing in that role although his performances there havent been to great....

If true its good were showing some ambition... on the other hand for all you conspiracy theorists.... maybe its all a BK ploy..and its the begining of the end......."Rodwell rejects Everton MASSIVE offer" :o

To be honest, I can see him playing much further up the pitch. I know we've offered Cahill another contract, but I can see us rotating the pair, with Rodwell dropping deeper to cover injuries to Felli and Arteta. I think it's in our and his best interest to develop him into the most attacking player we can. He's clearly got the composure and technique to play in the box, and in Cahill he's got a perfect pro to model himself on.

I also wouldn't be surprised if nogs is right about the structure of the deal.

In anyone's book a midfield of Felli, Nuts, Mikel and Rodders is seriously good.

Can't wait until they are all on song and fit.

They are a match for anyone in the premiership (perhaps Chelsea aside).

wouldn't play that midfield myself...rodwell isnt there yet