IGNORED

Chatbox

Sprooly

• 2 years later...

I suppose this is as good a thread as any to punt the idea of instant messaging between members who are friends?

Thats a decent idea..A tad off topic but along the same lines if anyone has an Android phone get on market and download WhatApp all one word which is the above but for your phone, free instant messaging, pics and so on....

• 2 weeks later...

I suppose this is as good a thread as any to punt the idea of instant messaging between members who are friends?

Louis, any chance?

Also the birthday notifications seem to have been disabled again. If you do reactivate it, might be interesting to include associated Everton peeps (just seen the post on Facebook mentioning Dixie and Gerrards birthdays).

I have all the players D o Bs and a short biography in the "Know the players" topic on my emergency board.

Thats another subject i suggested putting on TT, but it was only talked about, and never given the go ahead by those who must be obeyed, so i put them on my own forum.

Edited by Bill

Whatapp is a subscription service. Free for a year, then you pay. It's a good service, but it ain't free.

IMO is a better alternative (and you can use PC to chat with too, so you're not forced to use your phone).

You could also just use IRC and set up a room on some server (but it might be a bit geeky for your average forum user)

There is a chat site called TalkCity which has hundreds of 'rooms' and room owners set their own rules in a way. Any subject matter can be used as a room foundation I think. Or at least it looks that way to me. Room owners can, I think although I don't know, have as many 'rooms' as they like once they start. But more than one is a bit much really I think. It is live chat and also a place to post threads. Some rooms there also have live music.

Just a thought. I have no idea on cost I am afraid. But it is free to chat in a room there. All you do is log on, go to the room and click on the chat box.

• 3 months later...

I'll have to look it up, I'm not too sure about instant messaging.

The player's birthdays shouldn't be a problem though (if a bit time consuming to put them in the database)

Any luck with the IM with the new board / server?

I see what you mean, on that chat you can send private messages etc. but I think you are asking for it to be integrated similar to facebook with the horizontal bar at the bottom ?

you can? I suppose more people need to use it to see its true potential. If this is the case, not fussed on the layout, was more about having the feature

Gmail chat is another good example of what i meant

Edited by Matt