IGNORED

Talksport

Adpom

I was listening to Talksport on the radio today, their "drive time" presenter reckons that man city have better individuals than us.He says that if there was a team made up of players from the 2 clubs they would have more players in it. I think he is wrong:

Yakubu Tevez

Arteta Cahill Barry Robinho

Bains Lescott Jags there lb

Given(just)

I think there will be more Everton players in it, what do you guys think?

Edited by Louis
translating to English!

Yeah I was listening to that I cant beleive he thinks it would be in Lescotts interests to go to City.

I must admit he did have a point about them having better players than us (that doesnt make them a better side) but I fail to see how watching Tevez & Robinho weave thier magic up the other end of the pitch is going to make Lescott a better defender

Surely if Lescott is worried about his place in the squad for the World Cup he would be better staying with us and playing in an established side with a steady back four and playing in Europe

It didnt help Evertons cause the idiot who phoned in saying that it was a blessing in disguise us losing the FA Cup final because we would embarass ourselves in the Champions League!

..............Given...............

Richards...Jags...Lescott...Bridge

..............Barry...............

.........Cahill...Arteta..........

Wright-Phillips............Robinho

.............Tevez................

Subs: Howard, Baines, Yobo, Kompany/De Jong/Fellaini, Elano/Petrov/Pienaar, Yak, Santa Cruz.

They probably have got better individuals but then again they are the richest club in the world. We've got a better team though and a better manager.

..............Given...............

Richards...Jags...Lescott...Bridge

..............Barry...............

Wright-Phillips............Robinho

.............Tevez................

Subs: Howard, Baines, Yobo, Kompany/De Jong/Fellaini, Elano/Petrov/Pienaar, Yak, Santa Cruz.

They probably have got better individuals but then again they are the richest club in the world. We've got a better team though and a better manager.

/agree but Baines over Bridge for me.

..............Howard...............

Yobo........Jags...Lescott...Baines

..............Fellaini...............

Arteta.....................Pienaar

.............Yakubu................

Subs: Given, Bridge, Richards, Kompany/De Jong/, Elano/Petrov/Robinho, Tevez, Santa Cruz

Just my opinion like :D

Was listening to Talksport on the today, there drive time an there presenter, reckon that man city have better indiviuasl then us, an if there was a team made up of the 2 they have more players in it. so igot thinking about this an i think he is wrong

Yakubu Tevez

Arteta Cahill Barry Robinho

Bains Lescott Jags there lb

Given(just)

I think there be more Everton players in it, what do you guys think?

given is miles better than howard mate

given

zabaleta jags lescott baines

kompany

SWP ireland arteta

robinho tevez

given is miles better than howard mate

given

zabaleta jags lescott baines

kompany

SWP ireland arteta

robinho tevez

Given is small, he looks better than he actually is and I think he's on the decline, I don't think there is much in it between he and Howard.

Given

Zabaleta Yobo Jags Baines

Ireland Arteta Cahill Pienaar

Tevez Yakubu

Robinho is overrated and Yakubu will always score more goals than both he and Tevez, SWP has no end product.

Given is small, he looks better than he actually is and I think he's on the decline, I don't think there is much in it between he and Howard.

Given

Zabaleta Yobo Jags Baines

Ireland Arteta Cahill Pienaar

Tevez Yakubu

Robinho is overrated and Yakubu will always score more goals than both he and Tevez, SWP has no end product.

Yobo over Lescott?

Yobo over Lescott?

yobo over lescott any day. yobo gets linked with arsenal every year, lescott gets city. lescott was forced on the left when yobo was fit. yobo's are best cb, people go on about his mistakes but last season both lescott and jags made more, people jus jump on yobo's back.

yobo over lescott any day. yobo gets linked with arsenal every year, lescott gets city. lescott was forced on the left when yobo was fit. yobo's are best cb, people go on about his mistakes but last season both lescott and jags made more, people jus jump on yobo's back.

Yobo is not our best centre-back, and I'm a fan of his!

Jagielka is by far, one of the best readers of the game I've ever seen, Lescott is fast, strong, left-footed and makes less mistakes than Yobo. Yobo is faster and stronger than Lescott, though.

Yobo is not our best centre-back, and I'm a fan of his!

Jagielka is by far, one of the best readers of the game I've ever seen, Lescott is fast, strong, left-footed and makes less mistakes than Yobo. Yobo is faster and stronger than Lescott, though.

He's also far quicker than Jagielka and there is no comparison between their heading ability. Yobo, in form, is our best defender imo. He just doesn't need to make all the last ditch tackles etc because with his pace and heading ability he makes it look easy.

i think yobos best place is on the bench, i'm stunned to see comments about yobo being the better player. personally i think jags is better in the air. how often is yobo in his best form and how often have you been able to say yobo was/is by far our best player...well you could say that about jags for near enough the entire season just gone.

Jags weakness is his height and aerial ability (and his seeming unawareness of his limited passing ability), Yobo is taller and is our best header of the ball defensively as he's the most athletic. Yobo and Jagielka two seasons ago were as good a partnership as Jags/Lescott last season. Yobo is criminally underrated because he goes about his business with so little fuss, he's a class act. Jags has the brick wall attitude and the will to win, Yobo has the class, pace and height - for me they are the perfect mix of silk and steel, grace and power. Don't get me wrong, I think Lescott is often the better player than Jags and was disgracefully overlooked last season for flavour of the month Jags but for some reason Lescott and Yobo just don't look that good together, they don't gel.

I still think Lescott will end up an England CB whilst Jags will never have the class on the ball to be anything other than a squad player unfortunately.

I think we're blessed with 3 of the best CB's in the country, I don't think there is much to choose between any of them and I think anyone could put an argument for any of the 3 being our best defender.

Flavour of the month Jagielka? Flavour of the year if anything. He WAS our best player last year, no question about it. You talk about Jag's limited passing ability but Yobo is famous for hoofing the ball into the middle of shagging nowhere. At least Jags kept his passes short last season. Lescott is a better version of Yobo, and Jags is just a better defender than both of them, no question.

I firmly believe the only way Jags will cease to be our best centre-back is if Rodwell develops how everyone thinks he will.

Jags weakness is his height and aerial ability (and his seeming unawareness of his limited passing ability), Yobo is taller and is our best header of the ball defensively as he's the most athletic. Yobo and Jagielka two seasons ago were as good a partnership as Jags/Lescott last season. Yobo is criminally underrated because he goes about his business with so little fuss, he's a class act. Jags has the brick wall attitude and the will to win, Yobo has the class, pace and height - for me they are the perfect mix of silk and steel, grace and power. Don't get me wrong, I think Lescott is often the better player than Jags and was disgracefully overlooked last season for flavour of the month Jags but for some reason Lescott and Yobo just don't look that good together, they don't gel.

I still think Lescott will end up an England CB whilst Jags will never have the class on the ball to be anything other than a squad player unfortunately.

I think we're blessed with 3 of the best CB's in the country, I don't think there is much to choose between any of them and I think anyone could put an argument for any of the 3 being our best defender.

I think u must have a thing for Yobo because Lescott and Jagielka are by far better center backs. And u talk about Yobos passing being better are u mad he hoofs the ball up field everytime he gets it and it comes striaght back at us. I agree Lescott is a better passer than Jag's but Jag's has got tha die hard win every ball attitude an he trys to keep the ball on the floor for possession. Out of the 3 Yobo has to be 3rd choice for shure.

Edited by coxy051

A i tihnk you find we had no left back so Lescott had no choice, an be last season Yobo sat on the bench when fit waiting to get a game, an didn't till jags got injured. Lescott is being touted at 15-20 mil yobo's was never over 10. Lescott an Jags are both better players then Yobo, if he played any another team in the prem(except man u,chel,liv) he'd be on the pitch week in week out.

Our best CB is Jags by a country mile, I dont think theres too much between Lescott and Yobo but Lescott edges it for his goal threat and ability to play left back

Yobo is a great defender on his day but what lets him down is that you just know he is going to make a monumental fuck up at some point and we just seem a lot more organised and a lot more solid with the Jags / Lescott combination

I think u must have a thing for Yobo because Lescott and Jagielka are by far better center backs. And u talk about Yobos passing being better are u mad he hoofs the ball up field everytime he gets it and it comes striaght back at us. I agree Lescott is a better passer than Jag's but Jag's has got tha die hard win every ball attitude an he trys to keep the ball on the floor for possession. Out of the 3 Yobo has to be 3rd choice for shure.

Lescott is the better passer of the 3, whilst Yobo hoofs it a fair bit but Jags is probably the worst, not only are his hoofs too low, powerful and nowhere near a blue shirt, he often plays dangerous passes straight to the opposition in our own half. If Lescott and Jags were by far the better centre backs then why did Yobo/Jags start the season together and Lescott only get a look in due to Yobo's injury? Once all 3 are fit and firing then we'll see which is the best combination, personally I think if Yobo and Lescott can finally get their act together as a partnership, Jags may not get back in the team following his injury, on paper he has the least attributes of the 3 and he gets totally owned by the likes of Crouch and Carew due to his lack of aerial ability.

People just like the way Jags gets stuck in so they automatically view him with rose tinted glasses, he was awesome for us last season but in the second half of last season I personally thought Lescott outshone him most weeks and looked the far classier player. I very much doubt Man City will be coming in with £15m bids for Jags.

We'll just have to see whether Yobo proves me right or wrong this season, he knows he has to perform whilst Jags is out.

Because Baines wasn't tried and tested and Lescott had score 10 goals from left-back the previous season. Ever since Baines has forced his way in Yobo hasn't had a look in at centre-back.

and rightly so, the team were winning. Baines couldn't get a look in for more than a season due to performances on the pitch, then Lescott's standards dropped and so Baines came in. Lescott was the one dropped last season, due to his terrible early season form, Yobo was left out due to injury and on his return things were going too well to justify his return to the first team. Moyes handled it as he should, fairly. Which is why if Yobo/Lescott perform next season, Jags won't get back in either. I think on paper, Lescott and Yobo have the superior talent, it's just whether they can get it right as a partnership. One of them really needs to step up and be the leader that Jags is and organise the defence otherwise they will continue to look shaky together.

What is certain, if Yobo or Lescott underperform Jags will be back in as soon as he's fit.

and rightly so, the team were winning. Baines couldn't get a look in for more than a season due to performances on the pitch, then Lescott's standards dropped and so Baines came in. Lescott was the one dropped last season, due to his terrible early season form, Yobo was left out due to injury and on his return things were going too well to justify his return to the first team. Moyes handled it as he should, fairly. Which is why if Yobo/Lescott perform next season, Jags won't get back in either. I think on paper, Lescott and Yobo have the superior talent, it's just whether they can get it right as a partnership. One of them really needs to step up and be the leader that Jags is and organise the defence otherwise they will continue to look shaky together.

What is certain, if Yobo or Lescott underperform Jags will be back in as soon as he's fit.

I disagree, but at least your opinions is based on something :D

Agree to disagree?

A i tihnk you find we had no left back so Lescott had no choice, an be last season Yobo sat on the bench when fit waiting to get a game, an didn't till jags got injured. Lescott is being touted at 15-20 mil yobo's was never over 10. Lescott an Jags are both better players then Yobo, if he played any another team in the prem(except man u,chel,liv) he'd be on the pitch week in week out.

Baines!

yobo returned from injury and the defence were doin well, no manager is gonna change his defense when there keepin clean sheets. if yobo was english he'd probally cost more, only teams lescott is linked to are 1s below us, man city and villa, yobo was linked with arsenal the las few years, and am sure wenger has a better eye for talent.