IGNORED

Bill Seeks Billionaire

Adpom

Just two quotes from the website

Football clubs arent being maximised as brands and this consortium want to keep fans at the club after the game, offering them restaurants and a football village to spend their money in its about making an entire match day experience.

Nathaniel revealed details about his clients strategy to increase his purchased clubs leisure and marketing revenues,

Excited by the prospect of this

Its about purchasing a club as a viable business proposition. Its not about owning a trophy, its a sound business venture.

Not excited about this

To be honest I would love the Idea of whenever you go to the ground you can spend a bit of time in the supposed football village and have a look round at evertons history/whatever else. I dont like the fact that their saying they only want a buisness venture, and saying they dont want us to be a team that wins any trophies. I mean I want an owner that can afford to bring us ot of debt but come on you want to see your team win something.

Edited by jongre123

Is this why we are stalling on transfers?????

Let the circus begin...

To be honest I would love the Idea of whenever you go to the ground you can spend a bit of time in the supposed football village and have a look round at evertons history/whatever else. I dont like the fact that their saying they only want a buisness venture, and saying they dont want us to be a team that wins any trophies. I mean I want an owner that can afford to bring us ot of debt but come on you want to see your team win something.

Hmmm, I read it as they don't want the purchase of our club to be seen as a trophy...not literally they don't want us to win things, after all success on the pitch = success off the pitch = business performing well.

To me, this

“The interesting proposition for the group is Everton’s new stadium plans"

reads as,

"We will wait and see what happens with Kirkby".

Edited by StevO

To me, this

reads as,

"We will wait and see what happens with Kirkby".

Spot on EW, they've seen the blueprints and ideas to take Kirby forward. They're interested in the business side formost (at the end of the day football is business now a days) so i think they will wait for the verdict before making a descision. Sounds very Mittel this interest, all talk and hype and no outcome. dont get excited. I will take evrything back if it does.

“It’s about purchasing a club as a viable business proposition. It’s not about owning a trophy, it’s a sound business venture.

Jongre, i think what they're saying is they DONT want a 'trophy', i.e Citeh! like EW said, sound off the pitch, sound on. A very powerful force if they both coincide. Business brings a global market, new fans, new merchandise, appealing to 'named' players, better financial structure for future events and transfers. If they can sort that out, with the current back-room staff we have i think we would be very hard to resist. Look at Arsenal, Man U...Global names, with amazingly huge fanbases.

Edited by StevO

im always scared to get my hopes up with these stories.

read into that what you will, but if its true, i gather a few things.

they find the kirkby plans interesting, but they want a football village.

well that cant mean kirkby is appealing, as the surrounding retail park will not be a football village and is there to make a profit for tesco, not EFC. if they want a football village they would have to start again, i imagine, somewhere else. im trying not to see that with a tinted view as im anti kirkby, but from a business sense, there is no scope for profit for the football club or its owner.

maybe all my dreams will come true and walton will become the football village and GP will be rebuilt to the highest spec i can imagine and the team is built up in to moyes dreams.

edit: the echo kills off my dreams http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2009/07/22/everton-fc-deny-takeover-rumours-from-united-arab-emirates-92534-24219840/

Edited by StevO

Hot off the press ............

EVERTON FC last night sought to rubbish rumours of a takeover deal that had surfaced in the Middle East.

It is claimed one of football’s "leading power brokers" is acting on behalf of a United Arab Emirates (UAE) "business consortium" that wants to buy the club.

Abu Dhabi ex-pat newspaper The National said Chris Nathaniel, the managing director of NVA Management - which counts Manchester United’s Rio Ferdinand and Chelsea’s John Terry among its clients - has already met with the club.

But last night Everton’s head of communications Ian Ross said the rumours were baseless.

Hot off the press ............

EVERTON FC last night sought to rubbish rumours of a takeover deal that had surfaced in the Middle East.

It is claimed one of football’s "leading power brokers" is acting on behalf of a United Arab Emirates (UAE) "business consortium" that wants to buy the club.

Abu Dhabi ex-pat newspaper The National said Chris Nathaniel, the managing director of NVA Management - which counts Manchester United’s Rio Ferdinand and Chelsea’s John Terry among its clients - has already met with the club.

But last night Everton’s head of communications Ian Ross said the rumours were baseless.

Doh that small glimmer of hope was soon snuffed out!

So not totally fictious, they have met in the past...

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/39013/club-statement.html?utm_source=rss_everton&utm_medium=rss_feed&utm_term=Club+Statement

I wonder if Chris Nathaniel meant discussions are advanced with UAE groups rather than the football clubs?

I would say it was completely ficticious

In the wake of reports in some morning newspapers, Everton Football Club wishes to clarify its situation with regard to suggestions of a possible takeover by a United Arab Emirates-based business consortium.

The reports, which originated in an Abu Dhabi newspaper, suggested that the Managing Director of NVA Management, Mr Chris Nathaniel, was discussing with “a prominent Dubai businessman" a proposal to purchase a controlling interest in Everton Football Club.

“Mr Nathaniel rang me this morning to apologise profusely for the piece claiming that he had been misquoted” said Everton’s CEO, Robert Elstone.

I had one, brief meeting with Mr Nathaniel a year ago and that is as far as it went. To suggest that he is working for us – and that he is close to concluding any form of deal – is totally wrong,” he added.

Everton Chairman Bill Kenwright told a meeting of the Club’s shareholders last week that the search for major financial investment was continuing but that nothing was imminent.

http://www.thenation...239868/1043/rss

After a day of claims and counter-claims regarding a UAE-backed take-over of English Premier League club Everton, Chris Nathaniel – the powerbroker acting on behalf of the unnamed “UAE-based business consortium” – last night defended his role in the saga.

“I can confirm that I’ve met with Everton’s Chief Executive on behalf of a Middle Eastern consortium,” he said.

“Thus far the discussions have been at an early stage – and there is no more I or my clients can add to that at this stage. Everton is one of a number of Premier League clubs I have been instructed to approach for an initial discussion,” Nathaniel added.

With Everton issuing a statement downplaying Nathaniel’s role in any ongoing talks, Seymour Pierce – a firm employed by the club to search for potential investors – yesterday insisted Nathaniel’s comments were “complete fiction”.

However, Nathaniel – the managing director of NVA Management – hit back: “I’m upset that Seymour Pierce have felt the need to comment about something they clearly haven’t consulted Everton Football Club on.”

Nathaniel’s statement confirms – as originally reported – that while he met Everton on behalf of a UAE-based client, the discussions have apparently been held without Seymour Pierce’s knowledge.

A source close to the deal insisted there had been angry exchanges between Everton and Seymour Pierce over alleged crossed-wires.

“Seymour Pierce had no right to say what they said. What Nathaniel said is completely true and Everton know it,” said the source.

Refuting Everton’s statement that Nathaniel had called them to apologise, the source added: “Chris didn’t apologise to Everton because everything he confirmed [when asked on Wednesday] was true.

What the f**k is goin on ??? someone is tellin porkies and I hope its Everton !!!

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/39013/club-statement.html

Brief or not, they still held a meeting.

In the wake of reports in some morning newspapers, Everton Football Club wishes to clarify its situation with regard to suggestions of a possible takeover by a United Arab Emirates-based business consortium.

The reports, which originated in an Abu Dhabi newspaper, suggested that the Managing Director of NVA Management, Mr Chris Nathaniel, was discussing with “a prominent Dubai businessman" a proposal to purchase a controlling interest in Everton Football Club.

“Mr Nathaniel rang me this morning to apologise profusely for the piece claiming that he had been misquoted” said Everton’s CEO, Robert Elstone.

I had one, brief meeting with Mr Nathaniel a year ago and that is as far as it went. To suggest that he is working for us – and that he is close to concluding any form of deal – is totally wrong,” he added.

Everton Chairman Bill Kenwright told a meeting of the Club’s shareholders last week that the search for major financial investment was continuing but that nothing was imminent.

he was still working for the club back then at least.

Keith harris must be looking for investors under the couch, other clubs have found them!

Or maybe its because they want investment, bk never mentions selling the club, just someone to pay for his little fairy tale to last a bit longer. If i had billions i'd buy the club, but i wouldnt be giving money to someone like bk

he was still working for the club back then at least.

Keith harris must be looking for investors under the couch, other clubs have found them!

Or maybe its because they want investment, bk never mentions selling the club, just someone to pay for his little fairy tale to last a bit longer. If i had billions i'd buy the club, but i wouldnt be giving money to someone like bk

And the saga continues..

http://www.thenational.ae/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090724/SPORT/707239868/1043/NEWS