IGNORED

Top 4 Next Season Part 2

Adpom

At the end of the season, before all the transfers kicked in, i asked would we catch the top 4 an what would finish postions be. Now with only a month to go, do you still agree with what you said?(the orignal thread seems to gone.)

I think Liverpool will win the league, 2,3,4 are all up for grabs in imo as i feel Chelsea havnt strenghend and there players are getting older, Arsenal are going down hill an havn't brought anyone yet, an Man U have lost the best player in the world, who won then countless games and havn't replaced him with anyone half decent.

Man City, Spurs and Villa will all finish below us, with us coming 5th AGAIN.

At the end of the season, before all the transfers kicked in, i asked would we catch the top 4 an what would finish postions be. Now with only a month to go, do you still agree with what you said?(the orignal thread seems to gone.)

I think Liverpool will win the league, 2,3,4 are all up for grabs in imo as i feel Chelsea havnt strenghend and there players are getting older, Arsenal are going down hill an havn't brought anyone yet, an Man U have lost the best player in the world, who won then countless games and havn't replaced him with anyone half decent.

Man City, Spurs and Villa will all finish below us, with us coming 5th AGAIN.

Would you be willing to put some sort of bet on that....... I love betting when im gauranteed a win :lol:

i'm not a betting man i'm afraid, why arn't we gonna finish 5th again?

I dont eaxactly think finishing 5th is a "gimmie" and I wouldnt bet on it either.......

I think we have a good chance.... dont get me wrong but there are essentially 4 or 5 teams fighting over 5th place... Everton Villa Spurs City.... and I dotnt think this little group is exclusive... look at West Ham & fulham last season.....

We could finish 5th I totaly agree... but some think its a for gone conclusion that if we buy another top player we finish 5th & if we dont were shit.... & will struggle for Europe......

On another note....Arsenal Liverpoo Chelsea & United are more or less gauranteed 75 points this season....... Everton would have to top their best ever points tally by 10 points...... so imo 4th is also out of the question 100%....

I dont eaxactly think finishing 5th is a "gimmie" and I wouldnt bet on it either.......

I think we have a good chance.... dont get me wrong but there are essentially 4 or 5 teams fighting over 5th place... Everton Villa Spurs City.... and I dotnt think this little group is exclusive... look at West Ham & fulham last season.....

We could finish 5th I totaly agree... but some think its a for gone conclusion that if we buy another top player we finish 5th & if we dont were shit.... & will struggle for Europe......

On another note....Arsenal Liverpoo Chelsea & United are more or less gauranteed 75 points this season....... Everton would have to top their best ever points tally by 10 points...... so imo 4th is also out of the question 100%....

Psychic Mouse!

1) Chelsea

2) Liverpool

3) Man U

4) Everton

5) Arsenal

6) Spurs

7) Man city

8) Wigan

9) West Ham

10) Aston villa

but arsenal win the champs league so we dont quilify, then big bill makes a movie about it, a rich billionaire watches it and then buys the club

1) Chelsea

2) Liverpool

3) Man U

4) Everton

5) Arsenal

6) Spurs

7) Man city

8) Wigan

9) West Ham

10) Aston villa

but arsenal win the champs league so we dont quilify, then big bill makes a movie about it, a rich billionaire watches it and then buys the club

you're making some spectacular posts. villa 10th below wigan and west ham...us getting 4th....arsenal winning the champions league. if even one of them events occur ill eat my hat.

On another note....Arsenal Liverpoo Chelsea & United are more or less gauranteed 75 points this season.......

The top four all getting 75+ points has only happened once in the history of the premier leauge, so I don't see how it's "likely" to happen this season, particularly if City start to take points off them (which I think is quite possible, though I think they'll drop too many points against lower teams to challenge ):mellow: .

you're making some spectacular posts. villa 10th below wigan and west ham...us getting 4th....arsenal winning the champions league. if even one of them events occur ill eat my hat.

bein optomistic with us finishin 4th, but i really dont rate villa, i watched alot of there matches last year and they were v.lucky, and only seem to have the 1 game plan which every team sussed out in the second half of the season, plus ther've lost barry and laursen and i cant see them replacin them with as good players.

The top four all getting 75+ points has only happened once in the history of the premier league, so I don't see how it's "likely" to happen this season, particularly if City start to take points off them (which I think is quite possible, though I think they'll drop too many points against lower teams to challenge ) :mellow: .

Ok fair enough 75 may have been a bit high...... I hadn't really checked out the stats........

but now I have...

In the 17 years of the premier league..... you needed more than 65 points to finish 4th on 13 occasions... 65 points being are highest premier league points tally.....

The average amount of point required to finish 4th is 67.8...... higher than our 65

in the last 5 years the average amount of points required to finish 4th was 68.8... higher than our 65........

ok so 75 was a bit high..... the point being I think its unlikely that we will finish 4th........ unless we significantly improve or or we have a "funny" league like we when we qualified for the champions league

Edited by DangerMouse