IGNORED

Everton Insider: Stadium Delayed Until 2012?

Louis

Everton has already admitted privately that their hopes to move into a new stadium in 2011 have been dashed by the length of time the Department for Communities indicated it will take to make a final deci- sion on Destination Kirkby.

It is unlikely that putting back work on the brook until November will significantly alter their new move in date of 2012.

But a rogue rodent could delay work until spring next year, possibly delaying the project until after 2012still further.

http://www.liverpool...252-24184064/2/

I admit that I am not in favour of a move to Kirkby at all. However that has no bearing on my next comment.

This is now dragging on and on, a bit too much, and I am of the opinion that it is about time the Club dropped the whole thing and had a rethink. There have been many options pondered over,(move within the city, ground share, Goodison redevelopement etc) and I wonder if any of them had been given serious thought, whether the associated issues would have been dealt with already.

I really do think that persisting with Kirkby is getting us nowhere right now.

So do we actually know when to expect the final decision from govt on the planning for Kirkby....it was supposed to be around now but Hazel Blears quit her post...who is the person now making the decision??

Im sure she would just be the spokesperson anyway..... She would just have been required to sign the investigation off...

It wont make much of a difference to the decision anyway... unless BK makes a sudden switch to politics...... :lol:

I dont know whos in charge now.....

Edited by DangerMouse

http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/0400evertonfc/0150kingsdock//tm_headline=kirkby-voles-colony-threat-to-everton-fc-stadium-plan%26method=full%26objectid=24194962%26siteid=50061-name_page.html

Well done KEOIC, bringing the voles on board was a definite winner, nature always wins :)

I do wonder though what the voles are getting back in return?

http://blogs.liverpo...o-ahead-on.html

Daily Post columnist Jim Hancock today claims a scoop on the latest in the Everton FC stadium saga.

Hancock who is well connected in the region has been told that the club are likely to be told they can build a ground in Kirkby.

As always there will be politics at play when the decision is announced.

He's what he wrote:

Everton could get the go-ahead for its new stadium in Kirkby at the end of September.I understand the announcement is likely around the time of the Labour Party conference. Although the decision and the party's gathering in Brighton are unrelated, well- placed sources are confident the plan will get the go-ahead.

This would allow local Labour politicians to claim that, despite the recession, regeneration projects are going forward. In contrast, they will claim the Shadow Minister for Merseyside, Chris Grayling, has set his face against the planned tram and the Liverpool City Region agreement designed to improve skills and job prospects.

Approval for the stadium and the Tesco store would re-ignite the controversy that has continued to smoulder in the letters column of this newspaper in recent weeks.

Residents opposed to a football stadium in their midst, and neighbouring councils which fear for their shopping interests, would be dismayed that their opposition has fallen on deaf ears. They would be unlikely to be appeased by the approval being conditional on a stadium somewhat smaller than the projected 50,000. There are suggestions that this may be the inspector's recommendation.

Even if approval is given, it must be remembered that Everton is up for sale and not flush with cash. Is it certain it would be able to go ahead, even if the Government approves an inspector's positive report?

They would be unlikely to be appeased by the approval being conditional on a stadium somewhat smaller than the projected 50,000. There are suggestions that this may be the inspector's recommendation.

If this move does get the go ahead, then what would be the point if they have to make the stadium smaller??

If this move does get the go ahead, then what would be the point if they have to make the stadium smaller??

I suppose it depends how much "somewhat smaller" means. 40,000 would presumably make it pointless but 48,500 probably not. All speculation at the moment though isn't it? How reliable is this guy?

they will be gone by september, aparently we get the final dection in oct, so the voles won't make a diffrence, unless they not all been moved, of which i imagine they will have.

The voles never were going to make a difference, it is just about negative PR for the stadium move from certain groups clutching at straws.

Wow, scared of a few voles are we? This thread got so serious all of a sudden.

Edited by Jay Bernard

Yay! Lets hear it for the Voles.

Vote Vole :lol:

Sorry I will try to be serious.

A smaller stadium in Kirkby......... Does anyone think it is a good idea? (Honest question) I know some folks are in favour of the move, but just how drastic will the size cut have to be to change the minds of those people? If you are in favour of the move, how small a stadium is your lower limit?

I am (and always have been) against the move, however if the ground held 60,000 plus I think I may not be as anti Kirkby as I am now. So just how small would you be willing to go to change your mind to staying where we are (or other options)?

A smaller stadium in Kirkby......... Does anyone think it is a good idea? (Honest question) I know some folks are in favour of the move, but just how drastic will the size cut have to be to change the minds of those people? If you are in favour of the move, how small a stadium is your lower limit?

I am (and always have been) against the move, however if the ground held 60,000 plus I think I may not be as anti Kirkby as I am now. So just how small would you be willing to go to change your mind to staying where we are (or other options)?

Its a good question although... its not the size of the ground that will sway a decision for me.... I would though honestly wonder why we would bother moving it it was less than 50K... Id seriously wonder why if it was more like 40k..

This Is why I personnaly want to move away from goodison.... ignor what hes saying if you must... but anyone that goes the match carnt ague with what you see in the video

Edited by DangerMouse

I hold a similar view to you. No way would I go less than 50k. I would locve it to one day be able to go bigger than 60k though. Shame they're not alowing it too. Would have been nice to think that one day Everton could be one of the Super powes but Everton have ruled it out.