IGNORED

Is Anybody Else Losing The Will To Live?

We won't stay in the upper reaches forever. This is our time in the sun at the moment. People should stop moaning, accept the fact, and enjoy the moment. What will be will be. We have no divine right to success an should be greatful we have been in such a rich vien of form recently. We have been earing success rather than buying it, and im proud of that. It was not that long ago that we where relegation choices year in year out, now we are european contenders. Enjoy this moment.

No offence, but Everton should get rid of their motto if we have fans with that sort of attitude :blink: .

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's the truth though. Some people are acting like we have a devine right to success. I can't stand the whole anti-bill crowd, some people are saying that this is the darkest time in evertons history. Really? FA Cup finalists, regular european football, regualr top 6 finishes. Dark days indeed. Perspective is needed and the way some people go on about us at the moment is really doing me head in. Of course I want the best for the club but i'm not short sighted enough to think that we will always be in the position we are in now. What's the point of being in a strong position in the club and not enjoy becasue you are always worried about what's going to happen next. We should celebrate what we have been achieving, not be putting downers on what could be around the corner. ecasue the way other clubs are being snapped up and having big money owners come in we could fall behind very soon. All i'm sayingis we should try and enjoy the success we have been having because the truth is that it wont last forever.

What's the point of being in a strong position in the club and not enjoy becasue you are always worried about what's going to happen next.

Bit like having a gorgeous girlfriend and being miserable because you're convinced it's only a matter of time until she leaves you for someone else :) .

I understand what your saying Jamie and to an extent i agree but as Romey said we should be building on the success we have already had it would all be in vain to just get this far then accept that we can not push on as we have not really achieved anything a couple of high finishes and an FA cup final to us is a big thing but in the bigger scheme of things it means nothing unless we actually win something.

Im not a Bill basher by any means and i think that he's done a great job with very little resources so far but a club that has done so well and has European football to its name should be able to aquire decent players, The sad fact is under Bill's reign we will fall behind if we dont pull our finger out and start pumping money into our squad it may not be this season or the next but if things stay the way they are it will happen down the line.

Edited by EFC-Paul

So we should accept falling backwards because we've had relative success in recent years? Personally, I thought clubs were supposed to build on success.

I'm not saying we should accept the club to go backwards, that's not what i'm saying at all. What i'm saying is that we should enjoy what we are achieving more. Considering the position the club is in there is no feel good factor at all and thats a real shame. We should learn to enjoy the moment more. Football is at the end of the day a form of entertainment and something that is there to be enjoyed. Everything doesn't have to be doom and gloom.

I'm not saying we should accept the club to go backwards, that's not what i'm saying at all. What i'm saying is that we should enjoy what we are achieving more. Considering the position the club is in there is no feel good factor at all and thats a real shame. We should learn to enjoy the moment more. Football is at the end of the day a form of entertainment and something that is there to be enjoyed. Everything doesn't have to be doom and gloom.

Completely agree.

You have to build on success or it would all have been a waste of time and effort, how can the club come out and say that is as far as we can go.

After all Moyes hard work and BK saying that he would back David all the way, its about time he stopped talking about it and did it.

Do we have to sell Lescott to get some money this year like we sold Mcfaddy and AJ for the money last year, ??? I think the club are totally out of order, especially when they are bragging about the extra revenue and record turnovers they've had for last two years.

EFC pull your f**kin Fingers out.

the club has come so far over the last seven years, getting back to where we were before the bad days of the 90's.

we've all come far with the club, we've watched players come and go, board members come and go, we've won derbies, we've lost derbies. we've pushed fiorentina to the brink of a brilliant come back only to be kicked back down by a penalty shoot out, we had a great day out against united at wembley, we've had a bad day out against chelsea. we've heard parents and relatives telling us what the good old days were like.

we dont want to go back to the final days of the season (some of my worst childhood memories are being sat in goodison with my old man on the final days praying for the right result) we want to see this progress continue, i for one can not imagine going back to them days. im enjoying being at the right end of things. the thought of a second year without spending a penny to improve the squad worries me.

im not even sure where im going with this, im just thinking about good and bad days ive gone through as a blue, and im not ready to go back.

rant over, i think.

Stop panicing, there still THREE weeks till the season kicks off, Don't you no that 80% of all transfers are done in the last week of the season. People have to chill, in 3 weeks then you can worry, i imagine before then we will have signed 2-3 players. You got to remember that this transfer market is fekked because of Real Madrid an there massive spending, have made EVERYONE increase there players value. Everton will have 5 new players come the end of the window.

Stop panicing, there still THREE weeks till the season kicks off, Don't you no that 80% of all transfers are done in the last week of the season. People have to chill, in 3 weeks then you can worry, i imagine before then we will have signed 2-3 players. You got to remember that this transfer market is fekked because of Real Madrid an there massive spending, have made EVERYONE increase there players value. Everton will have 5 new players come the end of the window.

Extremely optomistic and even if we do how many will e good enough to go into the starting XI?

I won't hold me breath, I hope when you say signings you mean known players and not loans or someone we've never heard of.

I suspect the problem is simply that all evertonians fear a return to the dark period in the 90's where last day drama is required to preserve our proud record in the top flight....I for one don't want to watch us claw back from 2-0 down against a wimbledon from the stanley park trees, or hope for another Howard Kendall 'gareth farrelly' dream to resuce us against coventry ever again......with sheikhs queuing at the doors of smaller, unsuccessful clubs instead of ours, and unproven teenagers being sent to waste their talents at mid-table clubs, we are all fearing the worst. This fear would be alleviated if we saw some transfer progress not re-gress (piennaar contract rejection, lescott!!) It is important to remember however, that a lot is most likely going on behind the scenes to get players that are right for the club and its needs so maybe we shouldn't panic - even though we just cant help it.

Come on Bill, Moyes and Elstone....give us something to cling onto!!!!

I think Jamie is right. Personally I think some Evertonians just can't accept that Moyes and BK are doing the best they can and accept that for what it is and also show some appreciation for the job they have done and continue to do year upon year. Some people were calling for Moyes head at the beginning of last season, yet once again he masterminded another brilliant campaign and I don't see why fans get so doom and gloom when Moyes has constantly produced the goods. He deserves our trust and he will do the best he can with the money he has available and that means not spending over the odds for players or buying players who aren't good enough to take us that next step.

I think most of the doom and gloom stems from fans reading every single piece of transfer 'gossip' and thinking that there is truth in it and then when someone else buys that player (Cana) then all of a sudden we have no money, we don't know what we're doing etc when in reality Moyes probably thinks he isn't good enough, we don't need him or the price was too high.

Moyes and BK will be doing their best. If Pienaar rejects the first contract offer then so what, he's still under contract for a while I would assume and now he is just looking for the best deal - it's part and parcel of football and I'm sure it will be sorted. We've tied down virtually all of our best players to long term deals so it's not as if BK and Moyes don't know what they are doing, if Pienaar wants to move clubs then that's his choice, we'll get a good fee and move on, the same with Lescott. As long as Moyes is in charge I have faith we will continue to go the right way.

I dont blame the board and I certainly appreciate everything Moyse has done for the club I think we just have to accept that we arent as big a club as most of us think.

We cant compete with most Premiership sides in the transfer market and that is where the frustration is coming from .Its not BKs fault the club is skint so we just have to accept thats the way it is until new owners can be found

I dont blame the board and I certainly appreciate everything Moyse has done for the club I think we just have to accept that we arent as big a club as most of us think.

We cant compete with most Premiership sides in the transfer market and that is where the frustration is coming from .Its not BKs fault the club is skint so we just have to accept thats the way it is until new owners can be found

No one knows how much money we have to spend, we all guessing we have non. however i not seen a shread of evidances saying we do have money or that we don't have money. Having money DOES not make you a big club, having no money doesn't make you a small club, Your fans base, how you do in the league an your history dictate your club size.

Everton are a big club, there 5th biggest in the league as been prove the last 2 years an based on our fan base and our history. The only thing we lack, is our history in europe, but thats slowly starting to change, An a good run this year will boost our name in europe.

Would you class the likes of Newcastle, west Ham, Sunderland, Tottenham, Man City, Aston Villa as bigger clubs? i wouldn't, for it was only a few years ago city were a 2nd devision side.

Other then Spurs winning the carling cup, when was the last time any of them won anything?

I think what has added to the frustration that many fans have been feeling, is not only the rumours (true or untrue) that are being published left, right and centre, but the fact that even though Moyes said he wants to get transfers in early this season and not wait until the final days like last year, it looks like it could be heading that way. Personally, I would have liked to have seen players in and ready for the start of pre-season, so that they have the maximum possible time to gel and learn the Everton way. Who's fault that is, I don't know, maybe Florentino Perez or Mark Hughes&Co, but I'm sure it's not Moyes', and I'm pretty confident, that BK & Elstone, are doing their best as well. Why do I say that, I say it because I do believe that as Moyes expects 110% from the players, I'm sure if BK & Elstone were slacking, he'd be letting them know in no uncertain terms.

I must say, I am as frustrated as the most on here, and am getting worried about next season. I really don't think that we will be able to match last year's 'success' without adding more players to the squad, in fact at this moment in time, I think a top 8 finish would be more realistic. Who knows who will be coming in and when, but I'm hoping that there will be some candle of hope shone before us before too long, because I'm getting tired of reading about all these players we're getting linked with and nothing coming from it. Saying that I don't think anything like that is likely until Moyes and the Boys get back to the UK, and then we still may have to wait a bit longer...

No one knows how much money we have to spend, we all guessing we have non. however i not seen a shread of evidances saying we do have money or that we don't have money. Having money DOES not make you a big club, having no money doesn't make you a small club, Your fans base, how you do in the league an your history dictate your club size.

Everton are a big club, there 5th biggest in the league as been prove the last 2 years an based on our fan base and our history. The only thing we lack, is our history in europe, but thats slowly starting to change, An a good run this year will boost our name in europe.

Would you class the likes of Newcastle, west Ham, Sunderland, Tottenham, Man City, Aston Villa as bigger clubs? i wouldn't, for it was only a few years ago city were a 2nd devision side.

Other then Spurs winning the carling cup, when was the last time any of them won anything?

I think I would prefer to think that we are not bringing anybody in because we dont have the money because if Everton are sitting on a pile of cash and just watching as another farcical transfer window fiasco unfolds then that is astonishingly bad management from the top and I still have faith in BK Elstone and Moyse

And yes I would class all of those clubs as bigger then Everton at the moment because like it or not football is a business now and all of those clubes dwarf Everton resource wise and with the exception of West Ham all of them have higher attendances than we do

I think what has added to the frustration that many fans have been feeling, is not only the rumours (true or untrue) that are being published left, right and centre, but the fact that even though Moyes said he wants to get transfers in early this season and not wait until the final days like last year, it looks like it could be heading that way. Personally, I would have liked to have seen players in and ready for the start of pre-season, so that they have the maximum possible time to gel and learn the Everton way. Who's fault that is, I don't know, maybe Florentino Perez or Mark Hughes&Co, but I'm sure it's not Moyes', and I'm pretty confident, that BK & Elstone, are doing their best as well. Why do I say that, I say it because I do believe that as Moyes expects 110% from the players, I'm sure if BK & Elstone were slacking, he'd be letting them know in no uncertain terms.

I must say, I am as frustrated as the most on here, and am getting worried about next season. I really don't think that we will be able to match last year's 'success' without adding more players to the squad, in fact at this moment in time, I think a top 8 finish would be more realistic. Who knows who will be coming in and when, but I'm hoping that there will be some candle of hope shone before us before too long, because I'm getting tired of reading about all these players we're getting linked with and nothing coming from it. Saying that I don't think anything like that is likely until Moyes and the Boys get back to the UK, and then we still may have to wait a bit longer...

Agree 100 %

It's the negativity among the fans, the assumption that we've missed out on people (Naughton aside) because the S*n says we have, the ludicrously simplistic and baseless accusations of dithering and the tired old argument repeated every year for the last three or four, "everyone else is going to overtake us" that make me lose the will to live.

I have supreme optimism for the season ahead and I'm thoroughly looking forward to more progress and more great days at home and abroad. It's a great time to be an Evertonian and I'm loving it!

Ho-hum, same old from Everton fans, grass is always greener on other side... I gave up posting messages on here last year after the all the negativity and anger coming from fans coz we hadn't signed anyone. It seemed that negativity translated to the squad, too, coz we had a shocking start to the season and it all looked doom and gloom.

Then, what do you know, we start getting some players back, we go on a run of form that, had we started like that from day one, would have had us finishing in the top four no problem, we qualify for Europe again, and we reach the FA Cup final. So much for the 'crisis' everyone was predicting last summer.

The thing is now with all the money washing around football, and all the agents manipulating moves to line their own pockets, and the media hyping it all up, we've all come to EXPECT our teams to make five, six signings every summer. Why? Ok, if Everton have ambitions to win the league we need a few better players, but we all know the financial realities of our club, we all know that our only option is the long road, so why are we getting frustrated? The fact of the matter is that our first team squad - albeit it smaller than most - is the envy of all but four teams in the Premier league. We have quality and competition for places in every position, as proven last season by how we coped with a horrendous run of bad luck injury wise. Bar a right back, who exactly do we need to sign to improve a fully-fit matchday squad of Howard, Baines, Jags, Lescott, Yobo, Hibbert, Cahill, Arteta, Fellaini, Osman, Neville, Gosling, Rodwell, Yak, Saha, Vaughan, Anichebe and Jo? I am too young to remember the '87 championship winning side, so I reckon this is easily the best side in my living memory.

And as for getting jealous of City - they're not in Europe and they'll be lucky to win a cup this year. you can throw all the money you like at players, but it takes time to make any team gel - just ask Spurs fans (and before someone says 'Chelsea', Ranieri had them in the top three before Mourinho took over)

It's the negativity among the fans, the assumption that we've missed out on people (Naughton aside) because the S*n says we have, the ludicrously simplistic and baseless accusations of dithering and the tired old argument repeated every year for the last three or four, "everyone else is going to overtake us" that make me lose the will to live.

I have supreme optimism for the season ahead and I'm thoroughly looking forward to more progress and more great days at home and abroad. It's a great time to be an Evertonian and I'm loving it!

:thumbsup_anim:

Ho-hum, same old from Everton fans, grass is always greener on other side... I gave up posting messages on here last year after the all the negativity and anger coming from fans coz we hadn't signed anyone. It seemed that negativity translated to the squad, too, coz we had a shocking start to the season and it all looked doom and gloom.

Then, what do you know, we start getting some players back, we go on a run of form that, had we started like that from day one, would have had us finishing in the top four no problem, we qualify for Europe again, and we reach the FA Cup final. So much for the 'crisis' everyone was predicting last summer.

The thing is now with all the money washing around football, and all the agents manipulating moves to line their own pockets, and the media hyping it all up, we've all come to EXPECT our teams to make five, six signings every summer. Why? Ok, if Everton have ambitions to win the league we need a few better players, but we all know the financial realities of our club, we all know that our only option is the long road, so why are we getting frustrated? The fact of the matter is that our first team squad - albeit it smaller than most - is the envy of all but four teams in the Premier league. We have quality and competition for places in every position, as proven last season by how we coped with a horrendous run of bad luck injury wise. Bar a right back, who exactly do we need to sign to improve a fully-fit matchday squad of Howard, Baines, Jags, Lescott, Yobo, Hibbert, Cahill, Arteta, Fellaini, Osman, Neville, Gosling, Rodwell, Yak, Saha, Vaughan, Anichebe and Jo? I am too young to remember the '87 championship winning side, so I reckon this is easily the best side in my living memory.

And as for getting jealous of City - they're not in Europe and they'll be lucky to win a cup this year. you can throw all the money you like at players, but it takes time to make any team gel - just ask Spurs fans (and before someone says 'Chelsea', Ranieri had them in the top three before Mourinho took over)

We had a poor start to last season because we could not put out a decent side not because of any negativity

We only have four fit defenders with Premiership/first team experience, five if you count Neville, so there is no competition or cover there

Yes our starting XI is quality but could you honestly have seen us get to a Cup Final and do well in the league if we hadnt have benn embarassingly dumped out of the UEFA & Carling Cups at the first hurdle

Nobody is really to blame we just havent got the resources available at our club, but one signing in 2 years isnt exactly progress thats why everybody is frustrated

Nogs said ..... I gave up posting messages on here last year after the all the negativity and anger coming from fans.

x-x x-x x-x x-x

But this year because of all the negativity and anger coming from the fans you start posting again. :huh: Strange.

But a good post never the less, and welcome back. :)

I can't understand why people keep saying stop being negative. We as fans of the club are reacting to a negative situation. That being that 3 transfer windows in a row we have failed to really take the bull by the horns and build on successful season. We are the 5th best team in the prem yet we are stuggling to compete in the transfer market against inferior clubs.

I want us to get a squad big enough so that all our transfer funds can concentrate on bringing in 1/2 players each year that improve the first team. Over the last few years we have a constant cycle of bringing in free's and loans and letting go loads of players. That is fine but get a larger core of players.

I can't understand why people keep saying stop being negative. We as fans of the club are reacting to a negative situation. That being that 3 transfer windows in a row we have failed to really take the bull by the horns and build on successful season. We are the 5th best team in the prem yet we are stuggling to compete in the transfer market against inferior clubs.

I want us to get a squad big enough so that all our transfer funds can concentrate on bringing in 1/2 players each year that improve the first team. Over the last few years we have a constant cycle of bringing in free's and loans and letting go loads of players. That is fine but get a larger core of players.

If we are the fifth best club in the league... why worry about the likes of Fulham Sunderland & West ham buying players.......

And ill just point out AGAIN

WHO EXACTLY HAVE WE MISSED OUT ON????

Edited by DangerMouse

Actually, our midfield is just as bad as our defence at the moment (in terms of size)

Here's the defenders

Starting:

Baines

Lescott

Yobo

Hibbert

Versatile:

Neville

Gosling

Rodwell

Now subtract those versatile players who can play MF and defence. We get these guys who can play in the centre of the park:

Osman

Cahill

Fellaini

Pienaar

If one of them goes, bang, we're playing Wallace or Baxter, since Gosling/Neville or w/e versatile player would be playing emergency RB and Rodwell probably at CB. I don't want to include Seamus Coleman because we haven't seen enough of him and shouldn't be relying on him that heavily.

Its hit or miss really. So what we need is cover all over the park. If sign a world class defender, we're fucking ourselves in midfield. If we sign a world class midfielder, we're fucking our defence. We need quality back up which can do a job and just the job until our big boys (Jags and Arteta) get back.

Edited by Moe Joe

But that's my entire point - it's not about what you do in the transfer market, it's about what we do on the pitch, where we certainly do compete! Seriously, the way some people talk it is almost as if they enjoy the transfer spectacle more than the football!

But that's my entire point - it's not about what you do in the transfer market, it's about what we do on the pitch, where we certainly do compete! Seriously, the way some people talk it is almost as if they enjoy the transfer spectacle more than the football!

I agree its what we do on the pitch but your whole point has a flip side, In the early stages of last season we where very poor piss poor to say the least at times due to not signing anyone of any quality we had to make do with inexperienced youth and a make shift side aslo Moyes did not help in my view with his contract. I very much doubt you or anyone would have thought at that stage that we would reach the FA Cup final and have a great run in the league to place us in 5th.

I am proud of the fact that this club has done so well over the past few seasons with the resources available and all the injury troubles we have had and we still managed to come out on top to a certain extent but you would be a fool to think that all that will continue without adding numbers to our thread bare squad while other teams add players and improve.

So if City and Spurs do click and we still play well the chances are we will be pushed down the table and possibly struggle to qualify for Europe which may not happen but if it does what sort of position does it put is in less revenue and we will struggle more so then now to attract decent players whilst the clubs that do qualify that can already afford to spend attract bigger and better players putting us further down the pecking order.

I think fans are more then entitled to worry by now we should have added players we where fed bullshit last season that this would not happen again yet it has, We have lost albeit a couple of squad players but players none the less. We have alot of games to play this season and if two or three of our first team get injured as we stand now we will be well and truly fucked.

If we are the fifth best club in the league... why worry about the likes of Fulham Sunderland & West ham buying players.......

And ill just point out AGAIN

WHO EXACTLY HAVE WE MISSED OUT ON????

You must be completely stupid. We are currently 5th best but oh stupid cretin that can change if lesser teams get better and we get worse. For example by your estimations we shouldn't be worried about city buying a world class team because we are 5th best.

Oh and you must have missed the post where I listed who we had missed out on.

This season Owen naughton defour m'bia jabobsen that we have had confirmed bids for

Last Season Jo, moutinho manny

Thats 8 confimed in two seasons is that enough for you