18 replies to this topic

#1 Patto

Patto

Time Will Tell

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 23 Jul 2009 - 08:19

has david moyes and the board got it wrong i think they have at the end of last season he said we were attractive to incoming transfers here we are into the 4th week of the transfer window and still no deals...i think they have been too complacent...halfe of our targets have probably gone elswhere.when they say arteta/yakubu/jags will be like new signings when fit im starting to wonder will we sign anyone...im not happy about this its going the same way as last year.

#2 jamiemaher85

jamiemaher85

Those Feet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,624 posts

Posted 23 Jul 2009 - 09:00

Moved to General Discusion. Not a rumour, just a rant. ;)

#3 Ian C

Ian C

100% Guaranteed Irish

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 23 Jul 2009 - 10:23

has david moyes and the board got it wrong i think they have at the end of last season he said we were attractive to incoming transfers here we are into the 4th week of the transfer window and still no deals...i think they have been too complacent...halfe of our targets have probably gone elswhere.when they say arteta/yakubu/jags will be like new signings when fit im starting to wonder will we sign anyone...im not happy about this its going the same way as last year.

We're for 1 for 2 for targets mate. We loaned Jo and missed out on Naughton.

Since when do you know who Moyes is trying to sign?

#4 Lowensda

Lowensda

A force to be reckoned with, I reckon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,823 posts

Posted 23 Jul 2009 - 10:38

Just for a giggle, im hoping Moyes pulls out 5 good signings. Lets be fair, we knew NOTHING of Jacobsen, Costillo or Fellaini before they signed. So for all we know, is that we have a couple of negotiations touted by media reports and the others have been cleverly hidden by smoke screens...now that would be funny! :D Im going to remain on the fence untill deadline day :) i agree its frustrating, but its completely out of anyone's power, so dont work yourself up too much!

#5 Memmaclub

Memmaclub

Tim Cahill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

Posted 23 Jul 2009 - 12:02

Although moyes pulls off some quality signings and turns them into prem players I would actually say at actually doing the deals everton as a club are rubbish we say all this we do it by the book and we have integrity but that gets us no where. people can say they are not panicking but I am serioulsy pancking I honestly believe it will be the same as last year where we end up with panic buys who are not up to much and maybe one big signing who we pay way over the odds for. Why is our club managed so badly.

#6 MikeO

MikeO

Scars are tattoos with better stories.

• Admin
  • 39,488 posts

Posted 23 Jul 2009 - 12:09

Have they said Ya/Mikel/Jags will be like new signings? Think that was Jofanon and (as far as I know) he's not part of the decision making process :) .

Unlike last season (when we started with a seriously weak team) we have a good 14/15 decent premier standard players fit and ready to go. Certainly we need numbers for Europa but there isn't the same urgency this time I don't think.....and if he brought in players now what would we do on August 31st? It's the high spot of the TT year (along with Jan 31st) :P .

#7 Adpom

Adpom

Duncan Ferguson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 23 Jul 2009 - 12:10

it is, we are having better turnover each year, sales of the shirt are up, got a new deal with Kitbag an Le coq sport.
you have to remember that papers will link anyone with anyone to sell a paper, so 99% of rumours are complete rubbish.
I'm also convined that some times manager see, there ment to be going for a player, which there not, think its a good idea an then do.

#8 Blue 250

Blue 250

Bob Latchford

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 23 Jul 2009 - 12:30

Why is our club so badly managed!.....That's a question being put forward by some and perhaps rightly so.

But wasn't it the same last summer, same questions being asked, doom and gloom.Unlike other teams who were buying in players from all over the place, spending money they didn't have........oh! we were going to be over taken by Spurs even Middlesborough were going to give us problems and the big guns of Newcastle were surely going to give us a run for 5th!
surely "badly managed" is buying loads of players and then not finishing above Everton, who after all had a bad start, cup runs, small squad and injuries!!.....so in some strange way it seems we are managed pretty well really......whatever you doing David Moyes, please keep doing it.

#9 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,225 posts

Posted 23 Jul 2009 - 12:51

I don't really think it's Moyes that is complacent or meaning we're not doing any deals. He'll have given his list of targets to the board and then it's upto them to agree a fee and get the player to the club so Moyes can woo them.

I'm not going with this be patient, if we haven't signed anyone on the 31st August then I'll be worried crap. By that time it's too late and we'll be left scrambling around for shit players like Castillo etc. It's funny how all of a sudden Everton are able to do numerous deals in a day when they usually take 3 weeks to sign one player though.

#10 aaron

aaron

Everton Aren't We

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,118 posts

Posted 23 Jul 2009 - 12:59

Is it me or is nearly every new thread in this section a rant about transfers? Have a bit of fucking patience, we do not know whats going on behind the scenes, for all we know we could be talking to a number of players. So just sit tight and stop making pointless threads which was the same as one started last week.
Obviously get worried when it comes toward the end of the transfer window if we havent signed anyone as then yes I will be worried too but as for now while its still early just chill.

Edited by aaron, 23 Jul 2009 - 13:00.

#11 Lowensda

Lowensda

A force to be reckoned with, I reckon

• Members
  • 14,823 posts

Posted 23 Jul 2009 - 13:30

Is it me or is nearly every new thread in this section a rant about transfers? Have a bit of fucking patience, we do not know whats going on behind the scenes, for all we know we could be talking to a number of players. So just sit tight and stop making pointless threads which was the same as one started last week.
Obviously get worried when it comes toward the end of the transfer window if we havent signed anyone as then yes I will be worried too but as for now while its still early just chill.

here, here. We will have to order some chill-pills. Sod the swine, get some chill pills for people on the forum haha :lol:

#12 Rubecula

Rubecula

COFFIN DODGER

• Members
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 23 Jul 2009 - 14:17

Yes indeed, lets just wait until the last day of the transfer window before we panic buy.

We must remember we do things the Everton way, which is to wait until all the fuss has died down and then jump in and buy the players nobody else wants at the last minute.

I am sure we can do it again if we try hard enough.
;)

#13 evertonusa

evertonusa

Daniel Amokachi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 Jul 2009 - 14:20

It really is getting old hearing people complain about this. Moyes obviously knows what he's doing or else we wouldn't have had near the success we've had. Transfers do not need to be done quickly just cuz you can't sit there and wait for any new players. Do we get a special prize just cuz we sign a player in the first month? no. If you need a fresh batch of faces every year then go support man city and enjoy 10th in the table. There's something to be said for consistency and letting players play with each other and it's good things when you have good boys like we do. I agree we need more depth to compete in Europe but I assure you David Moyes knows that too and it will happen with a couple signings and bringing along guys like Roddie and JV.

#14 Rubecula

Rubecula

COFFIN DODGER

• Members
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 23 Jul 2009 - 14:26

Fair point, well put.

However if we are to better the squad, we do need to start signing the ones we are after, which unfortunately we seem to be too slow to do. I know there is no prize for signing at the start of the transfer window, but the likes of Naughton (as an example) should have been signed sealed and delivered before Spurs got a sniff. It is pointless looking at good players, and still be looking while other clubs are getting out the cheque book.

There is no need to rush, but a little more effort would be appreciated by many of us.

(PS my previous post was meant to be sarcastic) ;)

#15 evertonusa

evertonusa

Daniel Amokachi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 Jul 2009 - 14:43

As far as I'm concerned there are other Kyle Naughtons out there so I'm not too distraught over that. For all we know they have their eyes on a better prospect. Ya always have to remember how much is going on behind the scenes that we don't know about.

#16 Philinsuffolk

Philinsuffolk

Leon Osman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 23 Jul 2009 - 17:21

My view on this is that it is just incredibly hard to complete a deal these days - its very complex. It seems to me that a club agrees to sell a player but on agreement that they line a replacement up first - so they don't get told an inflated figure due to the fee they have received for their outgoing player. However, if every club takes that approach what actually needs to happen for players to start moving?

I suspect this is what is happening with Lescott - we are negotiating the figure but also trying to line up a replacement.

However, regardless of what the situation is, I think to put the words 'Moyes' and 'complacent' into the same sentence is unfair.

#17 bluenoseyankee

bluenoseyankee

The Love Child of Fellaini's Fro & Pienaar's Cornrow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts

Posted 23 Jul 2009 - 17:49

I feel the same frustration most of us do during the transfer window. And while it is annoying to be linked with players who would seem promising and then have sh*t clubs like spurs sign them, I have a hard time being truly pissed off at DM. The brilliance of Moyesie is that he is able to get a 5th place effort from what is arguably an 7th or 8th place roster. The frustration of it all is that, knowing this brilliance, Evertonians know that with even a few more million a summer DM would make the two or three brilliant (and probably pretty cheap) signings we need to propel us to truly fighting for 4th every year (whether or not we finish there consistently).

So, while I'm a little frustrated to see a lack of real dealings being reported, I'm beginning to understand that this is the way of things around Goodison. DM will keep his secrets, and Bill will get him the money he needs. I'm expecting to see one quality signing around 10-13mil in the end of August and then a few more loan deals and hopefully a Championship gem. But we'll just have to wait and see, and that's the fun part.

Edited by bluenoseyankee, 23 Jul 2009 - 17:50.

#18 duncanmckenzieismagic

duncanmckenzieismagic

Howard Kendall

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,616 posts

Posted 23 Jul 2009 - 17:53

I feel the same frustration most of us do during the transfer window. And while it is annoying to be linked with players who would seem promising and then have sh*t clubs like spurs sign them, I have a hard time being truly pissed off at DM. The brilliance of Moyesie is that he is able to get a 5th place effort from what is arguably an 7th or 8th place roster. The frustration of it all is that, knowing this brilliance, Evertonians know that with even a few more million a summer DM would make the two or three brilliant (and probably pretty cheap) signings we need to propel us to truly fighting for 4th every year (whether or not we finish there consistently).

So, while I'm a little frustrated to see a lack of real dealings being reported, I'm beginning to understand that this is the way of things around Goodison. DM will keep his secrets, and Bill will get him the money he needs. I'm expecting to see one quality signing around 10-13mil in the end of August and then a few more loan deals and hopefully a Championship gem. But we'll just have to wait and see, and that's the fun part.

Are you a sadist??

I dont blame Moyse or the Board we just arent a big enough club anymore thats life we just have to get on with it, but it doesnt make it any easier to take

#19 MikeO

MikeO

Scars are tattoos with better stories.

• Admin
  • 39,488 posts

Posted 23 Jul 2009 - 20:29

Are you a sadist??

That's masochist :) .

And it's all part of being an Evertonian nowadays :unsure: .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users