IGNORED

If I Was Lescott/arteta/yak/peanuts Etc

If I was anyone of these players and a teamlike man city came knocking I would definatley leave. The Pro's of leaving: More money, more chance of champions league. playing with better players, more chance of challenging for the league. Not being part of a club that constantly misleads it's fans about it's ambition.

Pro's od staying at everton: Team Spirit and a worldclass manager.

I would not blame anyone of our better players leaving.

If I was anyone of these players and a teamlike man city came knocking I would definatley leave. The Pro's of leaving: More money, more chance of champions league. playing with better players, more chance of challenging for the league. Not being part of a club that constantly misleads it's fans about it's ambition.

I kind of agree with you.

Apart from the fact they could at least double thier wages they know that the club they are joining are going places where as they can see we are struggling to tread water

If the club continue to show no ambition in the transfer market its inevitable that our better players will want to move on

Man City, champions league....since when...They didn't even get into europe through the fair play league this year....challenging for the league.....no chance 10 strikers but only 1 defender (toure)....they'll ship goals in at the back and bellamy will rock the boat when he aint playing...they'll be too inconsistent this year.

We are the only side to break the top 4 in how long now with pretty much the players we already have? so surely on recent form, we have the better chance of champs league and winning the prem....just becaus the papers have started getting aroused by Man Citys money, doesn't mean they will be a force - not at least while Hughes is in charge.

Man City, champions league....since when...They didn't even get into europe through the fair play league this year....challenging for the league.....no chance 10 strikers but only 1 defender (toure)....they'll ship goals in at the back and bellamy will rock the boat when he aint playing...they'll be too inconsistent this year.

We are the only side to break the top 4 in how long now with pretty much the players we already have? so surely on recent form, we have the better chance of champs league and winning the prem....just becaus the papers have started getting aroused by Man Citys money, doesn't mean they will be a force - not at least while Hughes is in charge.

I think the point he is trying to make is that in the next few seasons Man City will be in the CL and challenging for the EPL.I agree that this season they wont have a chance of the League but if they continue with spending their billions they will surely be challenging in the not too distant future.

Sadly this will not be the case for us unles we get some serious investment. Team spirit and a great work ethic can not compete to that extent without investment.

If I were Lescott/ Arteta/ Yak.....and so on!

Well lets look at the player most in question at the moment, Lescott.He's the one Man City want isn't he.

Lescott isn't an Everton fan is he, so why would he turn down a massive pay rise.The eye's of the world will be on Man City next year, their every kick and he could be part of that.It should increase his chances of an England place?

If Everton had bought Owen, Manny, Glen Johnson, Barry, plus maybe Alan Smith, would that have made Lescott say, hell I'm staying because Everton have shown ambition?...if he goes he's probably going for the money....that's the problem with football.

If Everton can hang onto to Lescott, Arteta, Penaar ect, then maybe in a small way that in itself is progress.

I don't think Man City are looking to become Everton, they want to be a perennial CL team. Buying Everton players combined with a less than adequate manager won't get them there.

It's not them we'll loose Pienaar, Arteta or Yakubu to. As for Lescott, I just hope that if they do finally make a silly enough bid that Moyes can't refuse, they do it sooner rather than later so Moyes can still get someone whose value will quadruple in his time with Everton just like Lescott's did :).

Just chill will you..... same old same old its getting boring now.....

I disagree with every bit of it by the way......

Edited by DangerMouse