IGNORED

What Would Be Your 3 Transfers With 20M?

Just 3? We need more than that!

Ledley: £3.5m - LM, cover at CM

Elm: £3.5m - RM/LM, cover at CM

Mattock: £3m - LB cover

Turner: £6m - CB until Jags is fit, fittingly also a major threat from corners. Personally I think he's more solid than Yobo.

Hoyte: £3.5m - Better than Hibbert, can attack, definite improvement on the right.

Total is £19.5m

Personally I think that's how we should spend the money, I think none of us would object to having any of those players on the pitch for Everton. Some may not be improvements (eg. Turner) but it facilitates money being spent elsewhere where it's need.

This give us a fit match day team of:

----------------------------- Howard ------------------------------

HOYTE ------------- Jags ------ Yobo/TURNER ------- Baines

ELM/Osman -------- Neville ---- Arteta ----------- Pienaar

------------------------------------- Cahill -------------------------

---------------------- The Yak --------------------------------------

Bench: Nash, MATTOCK, LEDLEY, Osman/ELM, TURNER/Yobo, Saha, Rodwell/Fellaini

Obviously because there's no chance all of those players will be fit at the same time, people like Jo, Gosling, Hibbert, Fellaini/Rodwell etc. will be on the bench too.

Edited by Grarghsies

Turner: £6m - CB until Jags is fit, fittingly also a major threat from corners. Personally I think he's more solid than Yobo.

Hoyte: £3.5m - Better than Hibbert, can attack, definite improvement on the right.

Total is £19.5m

Personally I think that's how we should spend the money, I think none of us would object to having any of those players on the pitch for Everton. Some may not be improvements (eg. Turner) but it facilitates money being spent elsewhere where it's need.

Obviously because there's no chance all of those players will be fit at the same time, people like Jo, Gosling, Hibbert, Fellaini/Rodwell etc. will be on the bench too.

Nice.

Very versatile squad you have there.

Total is £19.5m

Nice shout!! As you said, i as a Everton fan wouldnt be peeved if that was our summer spending, at least we would be productive,! Would fill out the squad (help with European games), with young (bags of potential for the future), reliable (most have been tried and tested in the prem and if not, they are proven internationals i.e Ledley and Elm), affordable (5 decent players for the price of one?) talent! :)

I like Hoyte, im suprised as to why we havent dipped our toe in there to be honest?

My 3 (if i was only allowed three) would be:

1. Joaquin - £8m (can play left wing or right, proven international)

2. Hoyte - £3.5m + Vic on loan (Young English player, whos potential was seen early by Wenger and left for the right reasons. is quick and can cross)

3. Bassong £8m (Quality player in a struggling side, was one of the most consistant performers of last year. athletic, quick, can head, reads the game well)

I think we will need more then three so i'll be greedy and buy more :P

Joe Mattock LB/LW: Around £3m, Great prospect and under Moyes could become a big player in a few seasons time.

Michael Kightly RW: Around £7/8m, I would have liked us to have snapped him up before Wolves where promoted as im not sure they would let him go at this moment but i'll add him anyway, Great young player with plenty of pace and skill.

Sean St Ledger CD/RB: Around £6m, Good all round defender and can also play at RB in my book one of the safest bets to being able of making the step up from the Championship.

Justin Hoyte RB: Around £3/4m, Young quick and likes to get forward and can also whip in a decent ball.

Loans

Victor Obinna RW/AM: I would like us to try for him again i think the lads got great potential but just needs regular games under his belt and would benefit from working under Moyes.

Rodrigo Possebon CM: Good prospect currently at United where he surely wont get much if any playing time this coming season and Fergie will be keen to loan the youngster out again, Good on the ball Tall and strong and has a good pass on him.

And possibly another defender on loan but at the mo can't think of any that would be decent and available on loan?

---------------------------Howard

Hoyte------------Jagielka------St Ledger-------------Baines

------------------------Fellaini/Neville

Kightly------------------Arteta---------------------Pienaar

-------------------Obinna/Cahill

-----------------------------------Yakubu/Jo

Edited by EFC-Paul

I would be gutted if we spent that much money and only got a team like that out of it, if lescotts going we should get richards and a quality midfielder ( I would love veloso here ), with like senderos and maybe elm.

...............HOWARD................

RICHARDS--JAGS-------SENDEROS--BAINES

---------VELOSO------FELLAINI--------

-----CAHILL----ARTETA----PIENAAR-----

---------------YAKUBU----------------

NASH,NEVILLE,YOBO,RODWELL,JO,SAHA,OSMAN

Solid team and easily got for 20 million and the sale of Lescott.

Edited by Blue4Ever

I would be gutted if we spent that much money and only got a team like that out of it, if lescotts going we should get richards and a quality midfielder, with like mentioned senderos and maybe elm

And still be left with a threadbare squad?

What we need right now is numbers, we're in 4 competitons and we need/want to do well in all of them. We need numbers. And quality numbers.

That means next year we don't need to reinforce or sell. We can spend the entire balance of our budget on a quality player.

And still be left with a threadbare squad?

What we need right now is numbers, we're in 4 competitons and we need/want to do well in all of them. We need numbers. And quality numbers.

That means next year we don't need to reinforce or sell. We can spend the entire balance of our budget on a quality player.

numbers isnt going to get you a uefa cup slot next season, we need quality in, I know we do also need a few squad players but what we need is a quality first 11 to play our important games.

Van der Vaart could be an option if we get the lescott money and brought in Senderos, he is looking to leave and with only hamburg showing interest maybe we could just have a chance of getting him.

Van der Vaart wages alone would rock the boat with other players, personally I think Drenthe would be a good signing allowing Pienaar to switch right.

Maybe belongs in a new thread. But, with talk of Van der Vaart...would y'all rather see him here or Moutinho?

I'd prefer Van Der Vaart .. They're both great players but I feel like VdV would adapt quicker to the English game and the UK.

Other than that, I'd have Defour ahead of both of them (yes I still have hope ;) ).