IGNORED

Philippe Senderos Signed On Loan

Sprooly

Look Senderous has bags of potential, but so did Danny Cadametri and look what happened to him. The facts don't lie, Milan didn't want and neither do Arsenal. Some of you are HOPING he can produce the goods because it's likely he has signed to replace Lescott, however I'm extremely upset because we simply can't afford to give him time to grow. Hence why Hangerland would have been a far better signing, if we had the money.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look Senderous has bags of potential, but so did Danny Cadametri and look what happened to him. The facts don't lie, Milan didn't want and neither do Arsenal.

....and Dortmund didn't want Pienaar.

Real Sociadad didn't want Arteta.

City don't want Jo but if he plays like he did today all season he could be a huge asset.

By your logic we wouldn't have signed any of them because "the facts don't lie."

Can't see a problem with him, like Mike said Pienaar and Arteta were unwanted and look at them. Hopefully Lescott won't leave but if he does we'll need a replacement sharpish, and if we wait until we've sold Lescott then the selling club will be asking for more cash because we're desperate and have cash.

20 mil for Lescott, hell yes, Senderos will do us just fine...

I agree, apperently we need the money to get something done.

And the doubt about Lescott and incoming transfers has gone on long enough now.

I rate senderos pretty highly, hopefully a year non-active at Milan didn't leave to much marks on his play.

....and Dortmund didn't want Pienaar.

Real Sociadad didn't want Arteta.

City don't want Jo but if he plays like he did today all season he could be a huge asset.

By your logic we wouldn't have signed any of them because "the facts don't lie."

Ok fair cop. But while the players you mentioned were diamonds in the rough, I've had Arsenal fans laughing at me because Senderous may face them on the opening day. I've been wrong plenty of times, let's hope Senderous if he does come can prove me wrong once again.

HELL NO!!!!!

Senderos is poor. If we do sell lescott (and its looking more likely by the day) then I hope we bring in someone a lot better than him, for me i would prefer yobo and jags as starting and get a decent youngster in and use the cash on other area's of the team. Would even prefer getting Dunne in the lescott deal and that says something.

Already dissapointed with our transfer activity so far this pre season - getting senderos would be a sign of us goin backwards.

Sorry for the negative mail as Im normally positive but he has proven on many occasions that he just cant cut it in the premiership, moyes can turn a lot of seemingly average players into top class but he isnt a magician! :(

HELL NO!!!!!

Senderos is poor. If we do sell lescott (and its looking more likely by the day) then I hope we bring in someone a lot better than him, for me i would prefer yobo and jags as starting and get a decent youngster in and use the cash on other area's of the team. Would even prefer getting Dunne in the lescott deal and that says something.

Already dissapointed with our transfer activity so far this pre season - getting senderos would be a sign of us goin backwards.

Sorry for the negative mail as Im normally positive but he has proven on many occasions that he just cant cut it in the premiership, moyes can turn a lot of seemingly average players into top class but he isnt a magician! :(

moyes is a magician didnt u see what he did last season with so many injuries... :blink: lol

At the end of the day Moyes has come out and said that we need to strengthen at the back over the transfer window, so whether Senderos was to join or not, I don't think it signals anything about the Lescott situation. As far as a player I think Senderos would be a brilliant signing for us, as over the past couple of transfer windows David Moyes hasn't managed to bring in any of the marquee players he wants to take us to the next level. Although Senderos hasn't been able to reach his full potential over the past few years, he has still trained and played at the top level in Europe and has vital champions league experience as well as international experience. From missing out on Owen I think Moyes felt any marquee player would give Everton the boost to start the season well and stop a repeat of the first couple of months that we had at the start of last season. In the current market, the money we will spend on Senderos is relatively cheap for a player with good potential and it is not as if we are buying another Van Der Meyde, as this is a player who is committed and proffessional. Other than all this, it would also give us another player participating in the 2010 World Cup, which I am sure all Evertonians will agree adds an extra special element to International Tournaments.

Edited by lawrietimson

Think they all got the story from the arsenal blog site - lazy journalism. SSN have only have it down as a possibilty so far

I would have him either as back up or to replace lescott. People keep saying he prone to errors, but so was rio ferdinand at 24.

I agree, i think Moyes could iron the lad out, as im sure he's capable of being given the confidence to. I'm a pro-senderos fan.

If we'd signed this donkey then Everton would have confirmed it by now. If we're even after him there must still be details to be sorted out.

how do you come to the conclusion that senderos is a donkey! he has played for one of the top four in england regularly for 5 years and had one season at one of the biggest clubs in the world (milan). his first couple of seasons at arsenal he looked class and then went off the boil slightly due to a couple of high profile mistakes, also over the last few years at arsenal their defence has had no real protection as the likes of viera and gilberto have been allowed to leave and nobody has replaced them leaving the defence more exposed. even seasoned professionals like gallas and toure have looked poor at times for arsenal

i'm not saying the lads a world beater but he would be a good addition whether lescott stays or goes

by the way it weren't too long ago that lescott was atrocious and many blues were calling for him to be droppped cos his form was so bad, so i think you're goin a bit o.t.t. with that comment mate

OMG :(

I really really hope he has been brought in as cover and that Moyes has a better target lined up to replace lescott (if he goes) if he stays then personally im not a senderos fan but I would prefer him coming off the bench than moving rodwell back there at the moment.

Life is not easy being a blues fan but hey I wouldnt have it any other way :)

I love automatic translation :P .

In the footsteps of Marc Hottiger

Everton will be trained by the Scots David Moyes. The squad is well-known names such as Phil Neville, Louis Saha, Tim Cahill, Steven Pienaar and Tim Howard occupied. The homestead is the Goodison Park Senderos is Marc Hottiger (1995 to 1997) the second Swiss, when the Liverpoolern under contract.

I really dont know what the problem is with Senderos yes he is far from world class and prone to the odd mistake but then again non of our current crop are world class nor do they never make mistakes.

He's still young enough to iron out flaws in his game or at least improve in certain area's, He also has a good number of games under his belt at the highest level and his experience in Europe will surely come in handy. I like Lescott he's a good defender but nothing more he's far from world class unlike some seem to be making out since City came knocking and looks half the player when not paired with Jags and im quite confident Moyes can find someone to fill his boots is it Senderos who know's if the rumour is true then i guess time will tell.

Edited by EFC-Paul

I really dont know what the problem is with Senderos yes he is far from world class and prone to the odd mistake but then again non of our current crop are world class nor do they never make mistakes.

He's still young enough to iron out flaws in his game or at least improve in certain area's, He also has a good number of games under his belt at the highest level and his experience in Europe will surely come in handy. I like Lescott he's a good defender but nothing more he's far from world class unlike some seem to be making out since City came knocking and looks half the player when not paired with Jags and im quite confident Moyes can find someone to fill his boots is it Senderos who know's if the rumour is true then i guess time will tell.

spot on there mate, can't stand some of the blind ignorance of some of the so called blue noses on this forum!

spot on there mate, can't stand some of the blind ignorance of some of the so called blue noses on this forum!

It's not blind ignorance having a difference of opinion. I don't think you're ignorant for forgetting about his numerous howlers, you're entitled to your view.

It's not blind ignorance having a difference of opinion. I don't think you're ignorant for forgetting about his numerous howlers, you're entitled to your view.

you only remember his howlers because arsenal are always in the spotlight, look how many howlers lescott, yobo, and even jags occasionally make(villa last season) but because we are not top 4 or fighting for the title they dont get the national media circus jumping all over them. just look at tim howard before he came to us. goalkeeper of the year in his 1st season with united then makes a coule of high profile mistakes and all of a sudden he's the worst goalkeeper in the prem.footbal fans in this country just read the headlines in the back of the paper about another howler, or watch a 30 second clip on motd of alan hansen commenting on bad defending and take that viewpoint.

senderos will be a good buy for the blues whether it be if lescott stays or goes

The facts are we need cover for this position. I don't see why Senderos doesn't fit that bill, ok he may not be the best, but if the price that's been quoted is true, then that's not a bad deal. If he's coming in to replace Lescott that's another question into which I'm not prepared to go. But the fact is, if Lescott does end up leaving, then we'll need more than just Senderos; whether that be Senderos plus one, or any other two CB's. I'm hoping that this Lescott saga is just BS... and the fact that we've being doing the usual Everton dally-dance in the transfer market, I'd honestly take anyone at this moment in time.