IGNORED

Philippe Senderos Signed On Loan

Sprooly

Being an Everton fan and season ticket holder means I don't need the media to point out the mistakes our defenders make mate, so I don't really see your point.

I don't rate Senderos in the slightest, I think he's a liability, but if he signs then I live in hope for a big improvement because we'll need him to step in for pretty much the whole season with Jags out for a good while, Joey going to the ACN and Lescott probably leaving.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being an Everton fan and season ticket holder means I don't need the media to point out the mistakes our defenders make mate, so I don't really see your point.

I don't rate Senderos in the slightest, I think he's a liability, but if he signs then I live in hope for a big improvement because we'll need him to step in for pretty much the whole season with Jags out for a good while, Joey going to the ACN and Lescott probably leaving.

well where are you getting it from that senderos is a liability, the media by any chance? or do u watch every single second of every arsenal match to rate him like this. my argument is from what i've seen of senderos is that he's a good defender, ok he has made mistakes but so have our current defenders, he is youger than all our current crop and is only going to improve!

Phillipe Senderos actually has everything in his locker to be a top defender, its just unlocking his potential and ironing out his mistakes which I think Moyesie believes will come with a regular flow of games and just a bit of confidence!! We have a solid base defensively, have for a number of years and I think we are just the team to kickstart this guys career....if as reports suggest it is a done deal then lets give him the benefit of the doubt, a clean slate ( which we're all entitled to ) and see if we cant get him to the level i am sure he has the ability to get to!! Let the transfers BEGIN!!!

I take thet you think Lescott is on his way then DM?

Yep sadly I do.......I may be falling for the old.... believe everything you reed in the papers trick but this time I think they are true.......

Its just a case now of getting Lescott to sign that transfer request......I hope Moysie shits in his boots......

I still think he will stay myself, although I dare not predict it, my predictions are woeful. I really hope he does stay. Saying that, if he does leave for Citeh I want to milk the bleeders for every penny we can. Especially as we now seem to have Senderos. The money is badly needed here so the more we can get the better for us. Lets not forget the window is now almost over and to buy now will cost a bit more than if we bought at the start of it, because other clubs will know we are desperate and hold out for exagerated sums.

Never been a fan of Senderos, however will reserve judgement on him til after seen him playing for Everton (if he has indeed agreed to join).

We need another centre back for cover and depending on the price this could be a good buy for us.

DM does seem to have the knack of getting the best out of players and he is still young and has played for the Arse and AC Milan last season on loan.

Don't know if it's already been posted but the Swiss FA, have mentioned on their site that he has signed for Everton, to be a regular starter to increase his chances of International football and aid Switzerlands World Cup campaign.

Two posts up from yours (Foxsports)Plus this from earlier in the thread.......

UPDATE: UEFA.com's German edition has also reported the transfer as complete.

A few seasons ago I was corresponding with an Arsenal fan who was raving about a centre half who was coming through the ranks in their reserve team. It was Philippe Senderos.

I've not really followed his progress but he's been affected by injury problems and probably a loss of confidence through the mistakes that have been highlighted.

But look at the effect confidence can have on a player...Titus Bramble has been pilloried in the media for years for high profile mistakes and a lack of concentration. But last season at Wigan he was praised for his outstanding performances.

So if we have indeed signed Senderos let's give the lad a chance and not judge him on what you have seen or read in the media. I'm with jayC3 on this.

We need cover at centre half and he's been at two of the top clubs in Europe over the last few seasons, so he's no mug.

well where are you getting it from that senderos is a liability, the media by any chance? or do u watch every single second of every arsenal match to rate him like this. my argument is from what i've seen of senderos is that he's a good defender, ok he has made mistakes but so have our current defenders, he is youger than all our current crop and is only going to improve!

Do you watch every single second of every Arsenal match to rate him highly? Didn't think so. You're judging him on the few games you'll have seen him play too.

quite big and strong, fairly quick from what ive seen and young enough to get rid of any mistakes in his game and playing alongside the likes of jags i think the lad can be class! he may turn out to be a flop but who knows? if lescott goes it means we have another centre back ready to step in without moving rodders. the way i see it is the lad cant be that bad if he has been at arsenal all this time and cant remember where he went on loan? was a top european team i know maybe ac was it?

I am not sure what all the problem with senderos is he is not costing us a fortune is a young international defender who from the limited I have seen looks as good as yobo at the least so if we keep hold of lescott I reckon we have got 4 very good cb. Things are definatly looking rosie. I would rather have senderos at 6 mil than kyle naughton at 6 mil.

I am not sure what all the problem with senderos is he is not costing us a fortune is a young international defender who from the limited I have seen looks as good as yobo at the least so if we keep hold of lescott I reckon we have got 4 very good cb. Things are definatly looking rosie. I would rather have senderos at 6 mil than kyle naughton at 6 mil.

Definitely. He's better at the moment than Naughton, and probably has a brighter future too.