• This topic is locked This topic is locked
273 replies to this topic

#81 PFthetoffee

PFthetoffee

Lee Carsley

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 04 Aug 2009 - 09:51

but it seems Ourselves and Arsenal are the only people that dont know the deal is done yet....haha :lol: no doubt something will come out soon...

#82 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 44,182 posts

Posted 04 Aug 2009 - 09:59

There's already a Senderos thread folks.

Merged.

#83 Everton_Worshiper

Everton_Worshiper

David Moyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,337 posts

Posted 04 Aug 2009 - 10:00

I had senderos in my Sun Dream Team couple of seasons ago - he was cheap as chips. :D

TBH not bothered either way so long as he is cover and not a 1st team starter (unless he turns out to be a solid defender).

#84 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,182 posts

Posted 04 Aug 2009 - 10:13

well where are you getting it from that senderos is a liability, the media by any chance? or do u watch every single second of every arsenal match to rate him like this. my argument is from what i've seen of senderos is that he's a good defender, ok he has made mistakes but so have our current defenders, he is youger than all our current crop and is only going to improve!

Do you watch every single second of every Arsenal match to rate him highly? Didn't think so. You're judging him on the few games you'll have seen him play too.

#85 marcopaulo

marcopaulo

marcopaulo - pun lover

• Members
  • 13,687 posts

Posted 04 Aug 2009 - 10:40

quite big and strong, fairly quick from what ive seen and young enough to get rid of any mistakes in his game and playing alongside the likes of jags i think the lad can be class! he may turn out to be a flop but who knows? if lescott goes it means we have another centre back ready to step in without moving rodders. the way i see it is the lad cant be that bad if he has been at arsenal all this time and cant remember where he went on loan? was a top european team i know maybe ac was it?

#86 Memmaclub

Memmaclub

Tim Cahill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

Posted 04 Aug 2009 - 10:41

I am not sure what all the problem with senderos is he is not costing us a fortune is a young international defender who from the limited I have seen looks as good as yobo at the least so if we keep hold of lescott I reckon we have got 4 very good cb. Things are definatly looking rosie. I would rather have senderos at 6 mil than kyle naughton at 6 mil.

#87 Ian C

Ian C

100% Guaranteed Irish

• Members
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 04 Aug 2009 - 10:51

I am not sure what all the problem with senderos is he is not costing us a fortune is a young international defender who from the limited I have seen looks as good as yobo at the least so if we keep hold of lescott I reckon we have got 4 very good cb. Things are definatly looking rosie. I would rather have senderos at 6 mil than kyle naughton at 6 mil.

Definitely. He's better at the moment than Naughton, and probably has a brighter future too.

#88 marcopaulo

marcopaulo

marcopaulo - pun lover

• Members
  • 13,687 posts

Posted 04 Aug 2009 - 11:02

http://www.evertonfc...-confirmed.html

OS confirmed it now take their time dont they :P

#89 Wall Writer

Wall Writer

Tim Cahill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 988 posts

Posted 04 Aug 2009 - 11:08

http://www.evertonfc...-confirmed.html

OS confirmed it now take their time dont they :P

Apparently, they've been in talks for a couple of weeks (SSN) but as yet the deal is not complete.

#90 Ian C

Ian C

100% Guaranteed Irish

• Members
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 04 Aug 2009 - 11:10

Bets on who's going to swoop? :D

#91 Rubecula

Rubecula

COFFIN DODGER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,335 posts

Posted 04 Aug 2009 - 11:12

You think Citeh will try to buy Senderos out from under our noses for pure spite?

#92 Everton_Worshiper

Everton_Worshiper

David Moyes

• Members
  • 2,337 posts

Posted 04 Aug 2009 - 11:13

Woodgate is set to have another operation so my money is on Spurs to come in for him.

#93 Memmaclub

Memmaclub

Tim Cahill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

Posted 04 Aug 2009 - 11:54

on the plus side this guy will not go to spurs

#94 jofanon

jofanon

Kevin Sheedy

• Members
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 04 Aug 2009 - 12:02

on the plus side this guy will not go to spurs

Harry Redknapp. I think the most 'orrible get in the league.

Jamie seems oK which is suprising considering he's a kopite too but his Dad...

#95 FairWooney

FairWooney

Kevin Sheedy

• Members
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 04 Aug 2009 - 12:35

interesting reading the last few pages.

We've spent the last 2 months moaning about not getting any players and when we do (so it appears we will) most don't want him!

Not too sure myself, I've watched a fair bit of Arsenal but tend to watch their delightful attacking players more than their defenders. Arsenal fan mate seemed happy to be rid but I'll be happy to see another player that's not too young or inexperienced to actually play join the squad.

Without a huge knowledge of his game I'd say that as a product of Wenger youth (since 18 anyway), I'd say he is very likely to be a decent passer of the ball as is the way Wenger trains his players and hopefully will be able to sort out any previous problems he had with apparently being a bit shaky at the back.

So far as weather he'll be a starter or back up goes, Lescott is very likely to go, if he doesn't then Senderos will probably start off as backup if he does then he will start off in the side with Jagielka out. With Yobo also away in January for the African Nations we will also need a replacement then.

Am I willing for us to take on a 24 year old ex Arsenal and Milan, International centre back at a resonable price? Of bloody course I am

#96 Lowensda

Lowensda

A force to be reckoned with, I reckon

• Members
  • 14,818 posts

Posted 04 Aug 2009 - 12:50

interesting reading the last few pages.

We've spent the last 2 months moaning about not getting any players and when we do (so it appears we will) most don't want him!

Not too sure myself, I've watched a fair bit of Arsenal but tend to watch their delightful attacking players more than their defenders. Arsenal fan mate seemed happy to be rid but I'll be happy to see another player that's not too young or inexperienced to actually play join the squad.

Without a huge knowledge of his game I'd say that as a product of Wenger youth (since 18 anyway), I'd say he is very likely to be a decent passer of the ball as is the way Wenger trains his players and hopefully will be able to sort out any previous problems he had with apparently being a bit shaky at the back.

So far as weather he'll be a starter or back up goes, Lescott is very likely to go, if he doesn't then Senderos will probably start off as backup if he does then he will start off in the side with Jagielka out. With Yobo also away in January for the African Nations we will also need a replacement then.

Am I willing for us to take on a 24 year old ex Arsenal and Milan, International centre back at a resonable price? Of bloody course I am

Agree...its all about his confidence. Baines, Jags and Yobo went through horrendous blips of self-confidence...look at them now. we have got arguably one of the best man-management-iers in the league. I'd be happy. If Senderos scores over 5 OG's then i will take it back lol

#97 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,182 posts

Posted 04 Aug 2009 - 13:15

He's taking part in Arsenal's open training session right now.

#98 scouser_george_efc

scouser_george_efc

Daniel Amokachi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 Aug 2009 - 15:32

unsure on him

#99 Lowensda

Lowensda

• Members
  • 14,818 posts

Posted 04 Aug 2009 - 16:00

unsure on him

Understand why, but so were people on Cahill/Jagielka (after 3/4 games)/Pienaar. Have faith George.

#100 GMONEYone

GMONEYone

Tim Howard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 122 posts

Posted 04 Aug 2009 - 16:06

Im not his biggest fan:(

But what is the actual price?? as people talked about 2.5m - 6mill on here for him.

Personally I wouldnt pay anymore than 3mill for a player of his standard with only 1 year left on his contract and if it is 3mill or less then it could turn out to be a great buy, however if it is 6mill then I think arsehole wenger is laughing all the way to the bank at us!

#101 Lowensda

Lowensda

• Members
  • 14,818 posts

Posted 04 Aug 2009 - 16:26

http://www.newsnow.c...62078158?-11192

good view on the situation. there are alot of factors that just dont make this straight forward at all. good ole'toffee's :)

#102 jags

jags

Denis Stracqualursi

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 Aug 2009 - 17:02

i think senderos would be a good buy, i dnt think he is a replacement for lescott; lescott will stay and senderos will brought in as cover at centre half.

he has plenty of experience at a high level and would be a good cover at centre half. also with a little confidence moyes could turn him into one of his gems :) lets hope lol

at least they are showing signs of bringing players in!!

#103 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,182 posts

Posted 04 Aug 2009 - 17:12

If the price is 6million then that makes me hate the signing even more, it's a joke to pay that much for someone in the final year of their contract.

#104 ftaylor

ftaylor

Lee Carsley

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 04 Aug 2009 - 17:46

This says we have signed him but for only 2.5 million

http://soccernet.esp...ansfers&cc=5901

#105 wakeyblue

wakeyblue

Tim Howard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 04 Aug 2009 - 18:07

theres no way moyse will pay 6 mill for him im sure of that as said last year of contract not a first teamer at the arse no way 6 mill , bt still nice to see some activity and lets give the lad a chance instead of slagging him off
moyse has a knack of getting the best out of people

#106 Tricky Trev

Tricky Trev

Alan Ball

• Members
  • 2,293 posts

Posted 04 Aug 2009 - 20:38

Quite happy with it if it comes off. He has premier league experience, played for A.c Milan and is only 24. Considering Pompey want 4.5 million for Distin who is seven years older, Hull value Turner at 12 mill and Newcastle want 10 plus for Bassong who have had one good season i think anything under 5 million would be a shrewd buy. Granted we are not buying the next Baresi but neither are we getting Titus bramble!! I cannot remember Senderos really fucking up and costing his team games. The longer our inactivity goes on just makes me believe amongst all these inflated prices it takes time to find value. Delph 8 million?

#107 EFC247

EFC247

Mikel Arteta

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 04 Aug 2009 - 21:02

http://www.guardian....everton-arsenal

Yet to agree fee.

I'd say no more than 4 mill.

Edited by EFC247, 04 Aug 2009 - 21:04.

#108 PFthetoffee

PFthetoffee

Lee Carsley

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 05 Aug 2009 - 09:17

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/362078158?-11192

good view on the situation. there are alot of factors that just dont make this straight forward at all. good ole'toffee's :)

could be another player they want in exchange.....hibbert??? :D :lol:

#109 Peter

Peter

Tim Howard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 05 Aug 2009 - 09:40

could be another player they want in exchange.....hibbert??? :D :lol:

Either that :D, or gods forbid they're holding out for Artie if Fabregas leaves..

#110 Lowensda

Lowensda

• Members
  • 14,818 posts

Posted 05 Aug 2009 - 11:24

http://www.newsnow.c...62246753?-11192

i rekon it'll be about 4.5m for him. Not bad considering. Ares want 6m - Everton offering 3m...i can see it being 4.5ish

#111 Bill

Bill

Alex. Top player

• Members
  • 15,500 posts

Posted 05 Aug 2009 - 12:00

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/362246753?-11192

i rekon it'll be about 4.5m for him. Not bad considering. Ares want 6m - Everton offering 3m...i can see it being 4.5ish

FFS, SHOW THE PLAYER YOU REALLY WANT HIM, We are going to fook this up with all the haggling, just pay the asking price before somebody else does. :angry:

#112 scouse

scouse

Joe Royle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,825 posts

Posted 05 Aug 2009 - 12:13

That would be the smart way to do business, remember we do it the Everton Way...

#113 PFthetoffee

PFthetoffee

Lee Carsley

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 05 Aug 2009 - 12:44

But one core value of all businesses is to drive down costs...why pay 6M if the seller is willing to sell for 4M. Negotiating with suppliers is standard....

#114 MikeO

MikeO

Scars are tattoos with better stories.

• Admin
  • 39,437 posts

Posted 05 Aug 2009 - 12:48

We are going to fook this up with all the haggling, just pay the asking price before somebody else does. :angry:

Hey Bill, can I let you know the next time I do a car-boot sale so you can come and see if there's anything you want? All items will be attractively priced (attractive to me that is) B) . Haggling is much over-rated I think :P .

#115 DangerMouse

DangerMouse

Trevor Steven

• Members
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 05 Aug 2009 - 12:52

FFS, SHOW THE PLAYER YOU REALLY WANT HIM, We are going to fook this up with all the haggling, just pay the asking price before somebody else does. :angry:

I wish you were my boss....

#116 Bill

Bill

Alex. Top player

• Members
  • 15,500 posts

Posted 05 Aug 2009 - 15:23

If we lose Senderos and Elm the same way we lost Naughton it could have catastrophic consequences for us as a club, nobody will want to come here because we are showing no respect to our targets, Davie is trying to get everybody on the cheap, and he's more or less saying to these players I dont think you are worth it.
What fookin chance have we got. :angry:

#117 Blue4Ever

Blue4Ever

Peter Reid

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 05 Aug 2009 - 15:26

well said bill

#118 lamaison

lamaison

Wayne Rooney

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 05 Aug 2009 - 18:46

If we lose Senderos and Elm the same way we lost Naughton it could have catastrophic consequences for us as a club

Yes it would be a shame if we lost them, but dont think it was such a catastrophy for us loosing out on Naughton - think the stats might agree!!!

#119 GMONEYone

GMONEYone

Tim Howard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 122 posts

Posted 05 Aug 2009 - 21:36

If we lose Senderos and Elm the same way we lost Naughton it could have catastrophic consequences for us as a club, nobody will want to come here because we are showing no respect to our targets, Davie is trying to get everybody on the cheap, and he's more or less saying to these players I dont think you are worth it.
What fookin chance have we got. :angry:

I dont want to lose out on our targets either but I agree with Moyes/Kenwright in the fact that they wont pay over the odds for players ie 18mill johnson, 8mill delph, 30mill alonso - I know they are not our targets but its the going rate for players right now.

Would you really want to pay the reported 6mill asking price for senderos to a manager that doesnt want him, loaned him out, and only has 1 year remaining on contract???? I think we would all try and drive the price down to what we value him at if not then look elsewhere.

As for elm the kid is taking his time to look at his options (his choice), however personally I'm not so sure I want a player who isnt sure on whether or not he wants to join us after looking at our facilities etc. A player playing in sweden should want to jump at the chance to join the 5th placed team in the english premiership, makes you think what he is thinking about - erm money maybe????

#120 Blue4Ever

Blue4Ever

Peter Reid

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 05 Aug 2009 - 21:39

I dont want to lose out on our targets either but I agree with Moyes/Kenwright in the fact that they wont pay over the odds for players ie 18mill johnson, 8mill delph, 30mill alonso - I know they are not our targets but its the going rate for players right now.

Would you really want to pay the reported 6mill asking price for senderos to a manager that doesnt want him, loaned him out, and only has 1 year remaining on contract???? I think we would all try and drive the price down to what we value him at if not then look elsewhere.

As for elm the kid is taking his time to look at his options (his choice), however personally I'm not so sure I want a player who isnt sure on whether or not he wants to join us after looking at our facilities etc. A player playing in sweden should want to jump at the chance to join the 5th placed team in the english premiership, makes you think what he is thinking about - erm money maybe????

I dont think its money mate I think its the fact a top european club could come out of nowhere and bid for him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users