IGNORED

Notw Article.

Bill

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/442691/David-Moyes-is-priceless-Everton-boss-strikes-a-blow.html

What do yo think of the whole situation, ignoring the fact that City are a bit arrogant about it, should we go ahead with a sale, ? is the fee too much or not enough, have Moyes and Kenwright dug a hole for themselves so they dont dare sell now, even if they wanted to. ???

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's kind of a nice read to an extent if you're an Evertonian, but from any rational viewpoint it's one-eyed and simplistic (exactly as you'd expect in the NOTW).

And of course he's worth more than £8m....he's worth what anyone is willing to pay which at the last count was £18m (Hull want £12m for Turner ffs!).

I don't think DM and BK are in a corner, they're being more hard-line than most fans and more hard-line than many of us expected, but I don't think they'll be too hard-line for their own good, they're not stupid.

They've made their point and their stand and if City keep going up and they sell for £22/25m (virtually) everyone will say it's a good bit of business (as long as Davey gets the thick end of it to buy).

Lord Moyes of Goodison dons his tin helmet and fights the Evil Barron Von Hughes and his wicked Eastlands Empire. Aparantly the Bold, Honourable way Moyes fends off Hughes from his advances for a mid level squad player (Lescott) Is nothing short of heroic. Even though he is being offered twice as much as the player is worth. Because Moyes knows he will look damn stupid if he was to do a u-turn and sell the player now. Andy Dunn is a wank splash and his fellow Journo's are just as bad. They paint a picture of City being the bad guy. Don't be fooled, We have done nothing wrong. We are simply doing what every club in our position would do. And a lot more respectfully than most.

Of course Rival fans hate city right now and will side with the Journo's. Because your clubs are not in the position we are right now. But ask yourself have we actually done anything wrong??? Have we really inflated the market for everyone else? No ofcourse not. We're not the ones selling players for 80mil. Every player we have bought have been pretty much good value. Adebayour may have been around 5mil or so more than he should be. But it certainly hasn't "ruined" football. It just means clubs will try to do City for a bit more cash. They won't try it on other clubs coz they know they havent got the same funds.

I despise the way City are conducting deals through the media. Hughes should learn to say no comment to the journos.

EDIT: Hit post too early :/

However, although none of us like having money thrown at us or our players we need to accept it and move on.

Edited by Grarghsies

8 million pound asset?? This journos a donkey.

The very essence of market value in any industry, is the price people are willingly to pay for a product.. which in Lescott's case is quite clearly more than 8 mill. In a football world where glen johnsons are going for 18 and john terrys for 40, there is no way J-Lo is worth 8!

Lord Moyes of Goodison dons his tin helmet and fights the Evil Barron Von Hughes and his wicked Eastlands Empire. Aparantly the Bold, Honourable way Moyes fends off Hughes from his advances for a mid level squad player (Lescott) Is nothing short of heroic. Even though he is being offered twice as much as the player is worth. Because Moyes knows he will look damn stupid if he was to do a u-turn and sell the player now. Andy Dunn is a wank splash and his fellow Journo's are just as bad. They paint a picture of City being the bad guy. Don't be fooled, We have done nothing wrong. We are simply doing what every club in our position would do. And a lot more respectfully than most.

Of course Rival fans hate city right now and will side with the Journo's. Because your clubs are not in the position we are right now. But ask yourself have we actually done anything wrong??? Have we really inflated the market for everyone else? No ofcourse not. We're not the ones selling players for 80mil. Every player we have bought have been pretty much good value. Adebayour may have been around 5mil or so more than he should be. But it certainly hasn't "ruined" football. It just means clubs will try to do City for a bit more cash. They won't try it on other clubs coz they know they havent got the same funds.

Where were you when you were shit...... yes you have inflated the market for everyone else, 'We're not the ones selling players for 80mil' you're fookin offering it though..... good valued players my arse....

Anyway good luck fpr the following season.... top ten finish for you ..... oh and by the way your manager needs a lesson in grattitude, horrible welsh bastard... upside his career will be over this time next year..... whos fault will that be that? Shiity Fans

Where were you when you were shit...... yes you have inflated the market for everyone else, 'We're not the ones selling players for 80mil' you're fookin offering it though..... good valued players my arse....

Anyway good luck fpr the following season.... top ten finish for you ..... oh and by the way your manager needs a lesson in grattitude, horrible welsh bastard... upside his career will be over this time next year..... whos fault will that be that? Shiity Fans

For your info lad. I was stood in the Kippax when City were in the third tier of English football. And we were still getting 35,000 fans every game. I've been a true blue for 25 years. I was even born and raised on the very Lane that the COMS is now on (Hulme Hall Lane)

Moyes (who i rate very highly) talks about loyalty and principles. He won't allow Lescott further his career mainly for those reasons. Yet we shall see just how loyal he is when United offer him old Bacon faces job when he retires. He'll have no such issues or hang ups then. You won't see his arse for dust.

You say We are Inflating the market for other teams? Nonsense. If that was the case then Senderos (who you will get for 3 to 5 Million) would end up costing 10 to 12 Million. A lot of managers complain City are "blowing clubs out of the water" when it comes to transfers. Of course they don't like this. But apparently Moyes wants city to "Blow them out of the Water" to get Lescott!!! Hypocrites. £30 million for an average CB, Keep dreaming. Tell me one thing that We are doing that your own club (or anyone else's for that matter) wouldn't do in our situation.

We have offered good money for a lad who obviously wants to move on. That money would have gone a long way to improving your own team. Everton will regret Moyse's foolish stubbornness before City will. We will simply move on to Upson (who is better defensively anyway) Personally now i would rather burn the Money that let that greedy Scotch freak of Nature profit from it.

P.S. If you think City will only manage a top 10 finish this season you're nuts. Pretty much every one has us penned for 5th place. And to be honest. i think we can probably do even better. Everton Are Widely tipped to finish 6th to 8th.....Nuff said.

For your info lad. I was stood in the Kippax when City were in the third tier of English football. And we were still getting 35,000 fans every game. I've been a true blue for 25 years. I was even born and raised on the very Lane that the COMS is now on (Hulme Hall Lane)

Moyes (who i rate very highly) talks about loyalty and principles. He won't allow Lescott further his career mainly for those reasons. Yet we shall see just how loyal he is when United offer him old Bacon faces job when he retires. He'll have no such issues or hang ups then. You won't see his arse for dust.

You say We are Inflating the market for other teams? Nonsense. If that was the case then Senderos (who you will get for 3 to 5 Million) would end up costing 10 to 12 Million. A lot of managers complain City are "blowing clubs out of the water" when it comes to transfers. Of course they don't like this. But apparently Moyes wants city to "Blow them out of the Water" to get Lescott!!! Hypocrites. £30 million for an average CB, Keep dreaming. Tell me one thing that We are doing that your own club (or anyone else's for that matter) wouldn't do in our situation.

We have offered good money for a lad who obviously wants to move on. That money would have gone a long way to improving your own team. Everton will regret Moyse's foolish stubbornness before City will. We will simply move on to Upson (who is better defensively anyway) Personally now i would rather burn the Money that let that greedy Scotch freak of Nature profit from it.

P.S. If you think City will only manage a top 10 finish this season you're nuts. Pretty much every one has us penned for 5th place. And to be honest. i think we can probably do even better. Everton Are Widely tipped to finish 6th to 8th.....Nuff said.

If Lescott really wanted to move on all he would have to do was turn in a transfer request. Since he hasn't done that all we have is media speculation about whether or not he wants to go, whether or not he even had a word with Moyes about wanting to go.

People's problems with City handing out insane amounts of money have less to do with causing inflation on the market and over-priced players and more to do with the way this affair has been handled. Hughes have had two bids turned down for Lescott, both without any negotiation or follow-up other than being told that the player is not for sale. Add to that that Moyes have set a price of more than 30 mil for Lescott. He won't be sold for less than 30 mil according to paper reports, Moyes has repeatedly said Lescott is not for sale. The respectful thing to do would be to put the money on the table to get a discussion or simply move on.

It's not about letting you shower us with money over Lescott, it's about the fact that without him we have one fit CB and less than a week until the league starts. And it's the manager's going price, we all live with it.

jus like the media did with villa las year and spurs the year before, but who finish 5th in the end?

i dont tend to be abusive but i go to uni in manchester and my opinion of city fans is that the majority are oasis worshiping cocks, with chips on there shoulders who know nothink about football.

jus like the media did with villa las year and spurs the year before, but who finish 5th in the end?

i dont tend to be abusive but i go to uni in manchester and my opinion of city fans is that the majority are oasis worshiping cocks, with chips on there shoulders who know nothink about football.

Sounds like me that pal. Apart from the Oasis bit. they're fucking dog shit.

Pretty much every one has us penned for 5th place. And to be honest. i think we can probably do even better. Everton Are Widely tipped to finish 6th to 8th.....Nuff said.

Pretty much everyone had us penned for relegation five years ago and we finished 4th. Villa were huge odds-on to finish 5th (or better) pretty much all last season. Spurs are always "penned in" to finish above us. Getting 5th is easy for you on paper, but unfortunately you have to do it on the pitch which is a little bit more tricky :) .

CITD ... He won't allow Lescott to further his career mainly for those reasons.

--

I dont know how you can make statements like that.

At this moment in time none of the "TOP 4" have indicated that they want him, and to my knowledge havent bid for him. He is playing for the 5th best team in the Premiership, and he has alredy furthered his career, coming from a championship player to a solid Premiership centre Half/fullback with several International appearances and i have no doubt he will get more.

As of today City have done nothing to suggest it would be a better career move, it may well be a different story next year but that remains to be seen. And do i also detect a bit of arrogance with you thinking that the (top 5) is a foregone conlusion.

Admiration goes to Moyes for not folding under pressure, £18 - £20 million pounds is a large amount for most clubs,

its a Massive amount for our club, a written transfer request would have settled this weeks ago, and if it comes to that and joleon goes, the club will still go on, no problem

Indeed Moyes will more than likely end up at Old Trafford, particularly if we are still banging our heads against the 'sky4' ceiling, but his motivation for leaving would be more justified than lescotts given that City are not in europe and there is no guarantee they will be successful - they might, but its all perceived success whereas it's proven success at utd.

The market is inflated when a club bids £100M (kaka), £80M (Ronaldo) £56M (kaka) etc...other clubs then say 'my player is better than him (as we did with Lescott vs Johnson) so you must pax X million'.....8 million for Delph??, likewise Naughton?? are prime examples of an over-inflated market. With the lescott situation, it is smply EFC trying to out-price any potential buyers because we simply do not want to sell him. I dont think the club truly think he is worth more than what Rooney was.

Finally, i've no idea where teams are gonna end up this year - too many ifs and buts...I think we will be 6th with a good run in europe and one of the cups...city will replace fulham in the european race which will also involve villa and spurs. The papers are just mssing the fact that city are still missing a defence which i feel will ultimately cost them this season....but good luck to everyone.

On a final more quirky note, at least you know city will be on first on MOTD every week.....

Notts County have got money and new Arab owners haven't they? Great potential (same as City), we'll soon have their fans on here saying we should let Joleon move to them to further his career :lol: .

But the difference Between CITY and COUNTY is that Notts County win 5-0. They also have Sven, who should be at City. [i'mabitconfused.com] :lol::lol:

But the difference Between CITY and COUNTY is that Notts County win 5-0. They also have Sven, who should be at City. [i'mabitconfused.com] :lol::lol:

Ok. Look fellas your a decent bunch of fans but i'm getting a bit tired of writing something, Being complemented or just getting into a decent debate, just for some silly twat to then write some utter bollocks about City still being shit, or how Our success isn't guaranteed. Because i genuinely believe it is. if you look at our squad now just compared to a season ago. And then last seasons to the season before. Nobody can deny what is happening at City is remarkable!!! Our current first team reads....Given...Richards, Toure, (A.N. Other class CB, not bought yet but will be), Bridge.......Robinho, Barry, Ireland, SWP.....Adebayour, Tevez. plus another load of top class squad players (Onouha, Kompany, Zabaleta, Dunne, Garrido, Petrov, De Jong, Johnson, Santa Cruz, Bellamy). If you genuinely don't believe city are gunna be awsome then you have real problems. People may talk about Gelling, But be honest. Do any of you REALLY think that team won't Gell??? City are the future. Everybody knows it. But nobody will dare admit it. Is that the City fan Arrogance/Ego you all rant about???

One other point. Will for it as much as you want. Even yearn for it. But when you look at United, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal and now City. Do You Evertonians REALLY Genuinley believe you can break the Top4 and stay there. Competing for the Top prizes in England and Europe year in, year out. Well actually yes. You probably do. Because you have to. But in the Really Real world.....No! without a massive Investor Pumping Silly money into your club.

And therein lies the root of why me and mine keep taking so much shit from All and Sundry. You can say what you like but we all know 80 - 90% of all abuse directed at City and it's fans is based on Envy and Fear.

So i will leave you to think i am Delusional. And be assured i think your rather delusional yourselves.

Add your Rants below.... :angry:

Edited by C.T.I.D.

Given - OK quite a decent keeper but was a shining light in a shite Newcastle team.

Richards - Is he still able to run, thought he weighed around 18 stone now?

Toure - I actually think he is OK.

Bridge - Always, always been overrated.

Robinho - Moments of class, not bad for a player who didn't know who he signed for.

Barry - Can win games but moved for the wrong reasons, can't see him having that big an impact.

Ireland - By far best player at City, one of my fav players. We should have bought him before Thai bride bought city.

SWP - Short ass, only ever shone at city. Let's see how he does 2nd time round.

Adebayour - Never really understood his hype. Goes missing in a lot of games - Arsenal bent you over the table and shafted you with this transfer.

Tevez - OK quite decent, good buy.

Surely you don't rate Santa Cruz as a top quality signing?

TBH if tables were turned, one of us would want a debate on a city forum about how we deserve the influx of cash. On the whole city have bought OK but I wouldn't say they are anywhere near where they want to be....do you think Hughes will still be with City come christmas?

Ok. Look fellas your a decent bunch of fans but i'm getting a bit tired of writing something, Being complemented or just getting into a decent debate, just for some silly twat to then write some utter bollocks about City still being shit, or how Our success isn't guaranteed. Because i genuinely believe it is. if you look at our squad now just compared to a season ago. And then last seasons to the season before. Nobody can deny what is happening at City is remarkable!!! Our current first team reads....Given...Richards, Toure, (A.N. Other class CB, not bought yet but will be), Bridge.......Robinho, Barry, Ireland, SWP.....Adebayour, Tevez. plus another load of top class squad players (Onouha, Kompany, Zabaleta, Dunne, Garrido, Petrov, De Jong, Johnson, Santa Cruz, Bellamy). If you genuinely don't believe city are gunna be awsome then you have real problems. People may talk about Gelling, But be honest. Do any of you REALLY think that team won't Gell??? City are the future. Everybody knows it. But nobody will dare admit it. Is that the City fan Arrogance/Ego you all rant about???

One other point. Will for it as much as you want. Even yearn for it. But when you look at United, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal and now City. Do You Evertonians REALLY Genuinley believe you can break the Top4 and stay there. Competing for the Top prizes in England and Europe year in, year out. Well actually yes. You probably do. Because you have to. But in the Really Real world.....No! without a massive Investor Pumping Silly money into your club.

And therein lies the root of why me and mine keep taking so much shit from All and Sundry. You can say what you like but we all know 80 - 90% of all abuse directed at City and it's fans is based on Envy and Fear.

So i will leave you to think i am Delusional. And be assured i think your rather delusional yourselves.

if you were here a bit longer you'd know that's not true.

And for City getting top4, it's all just speculation, you certainly have a chance but we'll just have to wait and see

Given - OK quite a decent keeper but was a shining light in a shite Newcastle team.

Richards - Is he still able to run, thought he weighed around 18 stone now?

Toure - I actually think he is OK.

Bridge - Always, always been overrated.

Robinho - Moments of class, not bad for a player who didn't know who he signed for.

Barry - Can win games but moved for the wrong reasons, can't see him having that big an impact.

Ireland - By far best player at City, one of my fav players. We should have bought him before Thai bride bought city.

SWP - Short ass, only ever shone at city. Let's see how he does 2nd time round.

Adebayour - Never really understood his hype. Goes missing in a lot of games - Arsenal bent you over the table and shafted you with this transfer.

Tevez - OK quite decent, good buy.

Surely you don't rate Santa Cruz as a top quality signing?

TBH if tables were turned, one of us would want a debate on a city forum about how we deserve the influx of cash. On the whole city have bought OK but I wouldn't say they are anywhere near where they want to be....do you think Hughes will still be with City come christmas?

TBH i think Hughes will get the whole season. No matter where we finish. And will probably keep his job beyond that. Only other teams fans Have a negative opinion of Hughes and believe the new owners are impatiant, or will get bored of City. They said from the very start that it was a 10 year plan. Considering we're only 1 season in, I can't believe how fast things are moving. Shit position last year, agreed. But that was because our away form was dreadfull. Once that is sorted we will be unstoppable.

plus if Hughes does go the odds are we will get Mourinho. So it's all good.

This is what really annoys me now, don't they realise that top players don't automatically adapt to playing in a different system than they did before etc.... Did they never see any of Real Madrid's games during the 1st wave of the so called 'Galacticos'?? They had several players who many would put in the top few in the world at the time but hardly set the world alight did they??

I'm sure some of our feelings towards Shitty are slightly based on envy but only cos they've actually got money to spend while we never have a lot. I'd still rather be in our position than paying way over the odds for players!

I just can't wait to see them have a real shit start and Hughes out of a job by Christmas, and if we surprise everyone by finishing 5th again then all the better COYB!!!!!

But there is only one team to have broken the top 4 in the last 6 or seven seasons - and they did it with a worse team than they have now, and without a massive Investor Pumping Silly money into [the] club.....can you guess who it was??????

Given - only player city have bought who would start every game at any of the top 4

Richards - LOL

Toure - unwanted by a top 4 club

Bridge - 3rd choice at top 4 club

Robinho - has his moments

Barry - 5th choice england cm

SWP - flopped at top 4 club

Adebayour - unwanted by top 4 club *arsenal fan insert oppinion here*

Tevez - 3rd choice at utd

(Lescott - 3rd choice)

city have bought the top 4s unwanted/squad players, which we have done 4 the past couple of years and built a team tthat has become the 5th best in the country. We need about 3 quility players which wud start at the top 4 clubs to compete. city need about 6 more and a class manager, and thats not goin to happen this transfer window

Given - only player city have bought who would start every game at any of the top 4

Richards - LOL

Toure - unwanted by a top 4 club

Bridge - 3rd choice at top 4 club

Robinho - has his moments

Barry - 5th choice england cm

SWP - flopped at top 4 club

Adebayour - unwanted by top 4 club *arsenal fan insert oppinion here*

Tevez - 3rd choice at utd

(Lescott - 3rd choice)

city have bought the top 4s unwanted/squad players, which we have done 4 the past couple of years and built a team tthat has become the 5th best in the country. We need about 3 quility players which wud start at the top 4 clubs to compete. city need about 6 more and a class manager, and thats not goin to happen this transfer window

You are quite blatantly barking mad....This coming from someone who's club captain is PHILL FUCKING NEVILLE....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA......TOO FUNNY....

P.S. i think you'll find Gareth Barry has started the last 10 England Internationals. Capello would disagree with you. (i also noticed you left out Stevie "superman" Ireland!!! Better than any player you have.....PERIOD!!!)

But there is only one team to have broken the top 4 in the last 6 or seven seasons - and they did it with a worse team than they have now, and without a massive Investor Pumping Silly money into [the] club.....can you guess who it was??????

Yeah i think that was.....erm...was it you guys??? oh yeah i remember. You made it there once and you "MAY" even get there again (every 10 years or so). But you will simply never make a sustained challenge like the big4 do year in year out. And like City will when we get rolling....

Yeah i think that was.....erm...was it you guys??? oh yeah i remember. You made it there once and you "MAY" even get there again (every 10 years or so). But you will simply never make a sustained challenge like the big4 do year in year out. And like City will when we get rolling....

....what do we think guys (and gals?).....!!!!!

Edited by PFthetoffee