• 14th
    • 15th
    • 16th
    • 17th
    • 18th
    • 19th
    • 20th

Who to finish above us?

Possibly, Chelseas, Man U, Liverpool, Aresnal, Villa, Spurs, Man City, West Ham, Sunderland...any of those? as i say possibly? its hard to tell, in all honesty, i thought after last years first two homegames, i was optimistic at 10th, and Everton proved me wrong!?

Edited by tenaciousj

Possibly, Chelseas, Man U, Liverpool, Aresnal, Villa, Spurs, Man City, West Ham, Sunderland...any of those? as i say possibly? its hard to tell, in all honesty, i thought after last years first two homegames, i was optimistic at 10th, and Everton proved me wrong!?

Why do you think West ham an Sunderland? i'd class both as Relagation fodder.

West Ham as relegation fodder? Never good manager and good squad we they are adding to. I would be hugely shocked if they where even close to a relegation battle, and with Bruce at the helm Sunderland should be a steady ship this year.

Young team, very inexperance, brought no one, an likely to be selling upson. Altho if Dean Ashton can get fit, they should get away from it, can't see them challanging us though.

Why do you think West ham an Sunderland? i'd class both as Relagation fodder.

Bruce makes his team v.hard to beat (its the defender inside him) and on paper, they have better players and resources than Wigan do and i think that they'll push on this year, honestly. Bent and Jones will score goals, on his day Anton ferdinand can be a general, he just makes mistakes every now and again that lead to goals, i think Richardson will do well this year, why? just a feeling. With Cana in Mid, with leadbitter, malbranque...getting through will be tough!

As for West Ham, good young foundations, could about to pull of an audatious coop of Gudjhonson and Luca Toni, and i think think Toni and Cole (WC year) could get a few goals. They were steady last season but needed that little extra. Kovac is a bit of a bugga, Beramhi's ace, Parker is class, Boa Morte has changed his tune...they'll do well :)

I've gone for an optimistic 8th ahead of West Ham and Sunderland based on squad strength. If we could have a season where we only use 16 players like in the 80's then I'd go higher as our fully fit starying XI is higher than 8th.

I do think that Sunderland will be the 'surprise package' this season. Good front line with Bent, Campbell and Jones, goals a plenty in there.

Young team, very inexperance, brought no one, an likely to be selling upson. Altho if Dean Ashton can get fit, they should get away from it, can't see them challanging us though.

They had a good season last year and will build on that. Just like Moyes, Zola has stated that no-one is for sale. Also they have brought people in, such as Jiminez who I believe will be a hit in the league. They may be young but they have talent. Remember that we went through alot of last season with alot on inexperienced youngsters playing for us, did s no harm.They will have no problems. I predict a top 10 finish.

Usualy I am the eternal optimist but I voted for 10th, on the strength on the fact that we haven't strengthened , as yet. We may be doing well, and with a decent start after Arsenal, we may get ourselves in a good position but with all the teams around us adding bodies, experienced as well as decent players, a few injuries of our own and we will be buggered.

Three or four, decent signings and we should be fighting for 5th and 6th again come may.

between 7th and 10th, but for polling reasons, ive put 8th. I think there will be a couple of teams just above us, yet i dont feel threatend by the likes of Burnley, Stoke, Birmingham, Portsmouth, Hull, Wolves, Wigan, Fulham, Bolton, Blackburn.

Lol I was pretty much thinking the same thing except Ive gone for 9th because I can see Wigan and Fulham doing well. If we can get ourselves out of the Carling Cup & Europa League I think we could possibly make 7th or even 6th if a few of the teams around us have a bad season

you put wigan ahead of us?!?!?! thanks for the laugh mate.

They may not finish above us but I do see them as a threat

1. Chelsea

2. Man Utd

3. The Shite

4. Arsenal.

5. City

6. Spurs

7. Villa

8/9/10/11 in any order Us, Wigan, Fulham Sunderland

If we go out of Europe and Carling Cup early enough and nobody gets booked/ sent off or injured for the entire season I could see us fighting for 6th

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic

Bill, why do you have so much confidence that this will finally be the year Spuds live up to the hype? i call BS. they're no different than the have been the last 5 years. villa will have a good run through middle of january, and citeh will succumb to the same managerial BS that chelski have put up with the past 3 years. I can see one of them (most likely citeh) finishing above us, and only because they will take 5th on goal dif.

I chose 7th, simply because we still have the same depleted side we had last year (minus some subs), plus we haven't made a Maro-esque signing yet.

However, all being well we could make a better start than last season, and if Mikel and Jags get back quick it could be decent enough.