• 13th
    • 14th
    • 15th
    • 16th
    • 17th
    • 18th
    • 19th
    • 20th

I chose 7th, simply because we still have the same depleted side we had last year (minus some subs), plus we haven't made a Maro-esque signing yet.

However, all being well we could make a better start than last season, and if Mikel and Jags get back quick it could be decent enough.

The same depleted side that finished 5th last year an got to the FA CUP final.

We lost 4 squad players that hardly played, we got Young lads to step up to the plate this year, but then you win nothing with kids. right Alan?

after yesterdays drubbing i am a little more confident arsenal can make a reasonable run for the league. we, however may find ourselves playing the likes of newcastle, boro, and sheffield next year.

It was 1 game against a very very good team, don't be so stupid. We bounce back we always do

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2009/08/25/mark-lawrenson-top-six-seems-a-distant-hope-for-everton-fc-even-at-this-early-stage-92534-24521504/

A good piece from Mark Lawrenson, I know loads of people will jump onto the fact he is a red , ut I pretty much agree with everything he says except I think it could be anywhere between 7th and 11th that we finish

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic

• 8 months later...

8th is my estimate on the current strength on ours and other teams around us.

between 7th and 10th, but for polling reasons, ive put 8th. I think there will be a couple of teams just above us, yet i dont feel threatend by the likes of Burnley, Stoke, Birmingham, Portsmouth, Hull, Wolves, Wigan, Fulham, Bolton, Blackburn.

I've gone for an optimistic 8th ahead of West Ham and Sunderland based on squad strength.

1- Man Utd

2- Chelsea

3- Arsenal

4- L,Pool

5- Man City

6- Aston Villa

7- Spurs

8- Everton

Take a bow Jamie (wherever you are), Ten, blueblood & Bill :graduated: .

Thought occurred to me last night.

If, last August, we'd have been told we'd finish with more than sixty points and only two points behind Liverpool (who were many experts tips for the title) we'd have been delighted :( .