IGNORED

48 Hours Or So?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moyes said on friday we hope to get lads in within 48 hours, however the 48 hours i think he was refering to are Monday an Tuesday, as sat an sun are more match day then transfer days. So come tuesday n8 an there not in i be worried. i got a felling ,we have at LEAST 1 new player tomorrow

TBH do you think many people would want to sign for Everton 48 hours after getting absolutely humiliated? Give it another week for a "cool down" period.

Getting hammered will not effect transfers, it just one of them things, everyone gets bettared now an again

my hopes of signing anyone seem to be faiding each an every day, i wake up an think right, we will get someone today, an everyday it just doesn't happen, not only that but the rumours in the papers seem to be getting less an less everyday. Not to mention deals like Senderos an Elm have gone cold.

Was hoping for 2 or 3 new faces to give the squad a boost before thursday, but i'm starting to worry that it will be simlar to saturday day. An another year we get kicked out of euro by a team that isn't as good as us.

being an Everton fan ain't easy, it's one thing wondering how far we could go if we had a few pound more to support the manager with - especially when we get 5th spot and a place in the final. However it's another thing when we have to wonder what bargain basement player we hope can emerge as a player who can take us forward. We have gone as far as possible by shopping in the lower leagues, we need proven players or players who can change games in an instant. Never has that been proven more than against Arsenal, a free flowing instinctive footballing team who took our 'disciplined' players apart at will.

There is something going on that isn't right, whether it is getting kirby approved before selling or whether we don't want to pay the going rate, the fans are being insulted by lies and false promises. From being told our transfer targets are exciting to we should see signings in the next 48 hours, something is seriously wrong and the fans are kept in the dark.

my hopes of signing anyone seem to be faiding each an every day, i wake up an think right, we will get someone today, an everyday it just doesn't happen, not only that but the rumours in the papers seem to be getting less an less everyday. Not to mention deals like Senderos an Elm have gone cold.

Was hoping for 2 or 3 new faces to give the squad a boost before thursday, but i'm starting to worry that it will be simlar to saturday day. An another year we get kicked out of euro by a team that isn't as good as us.

I sincerely hope so, and I hope we go out of the Carling Cup at the first attempt as well because we clearly havent got a squad strong enough to compete in 3 or 4 competitions

being an Everton fan ain't easy, it's one thing wondering how far we could go if we had a few pound more to support the manager with - especially when we get 5th spot and a place in the final. However it's another thing when we have to wonder what bargain basement player we hope can emerge as a player who can take us forward. We have gone as far as possible by shopping in the lower leagues, we need proven players or players who can change games in an instant. Never has that been proven more than against Arsenal, a free flowing instinctive footballing team who took our 'disciplined' players apart at will.

There is something going on that isn't right, whether it is getting kirby approved before selling or whether we don't want to pay the going rate, the fans are being insulted by lies and false promises. From being told our transfer targets are exciting to we should see signings in the next 48 hours, something is seriously wrong and the fans are kept in the dark.

To be fair we have never been told that. Philip Carter actually said that the transfer window was an exciting time and the Echo twisted his words to make a headline

A lot of how long it takes though is probably down to agreeing personal terms with the player and getting medicals done. If its only a drive around the country then its obviously going to be quicker than if the player has to fly in and that. Although, we do need some quality signings soon or this will be a long hard season for us, especially if we lose a few more players to injury...

Bassong took 2 days to complete from interest...

How do you know that exactly? Bassong took two days from when you were aware of the interest maybe.

Fellaini took sixteen and a half hours last year from when the interest was reported on here.....but that doesn't mean DM woke up in the morning and decided he'd get Liege on the phone :) .

How do you know that exactly? Bassong took two days from when you were aware of the interest maybe.

Fellaini took sixteen and a half hours last year from when the interest was reported on here.....but that doesn't mean DM woke up in the morning and decided he'd get Liege on the phone :) .

Ahh but the story would be a whole lot funnier if he did :lol:

Because mere mortal. I am god. :) haha

i cant agree with wanting to go out of a cup i know we havent got a strong squad but id never ever want us to lose at all. we cant progress if we are dropping out of cups all the time. id rather win the europa and finish bottom half to be honest

I honestly think that all the extra games that a run in the Europa League/Carling Cup would bring could see us easily dragged into a relegation battle. By Moyseies own admission we have 13 to 14 decent players and that is it and we certainly cant progress if we go back to fighting for survival