IGNORED

Who Are Ya?

swcsc

Hi all, Burnley fansonline editor here. Just wondering if you could answer me a few questions before our up and coming game. I’m hoping to get at least 5 people to answer the questions for me to include them in an article. All answers can be simple or in-depth.

To make life much easier for me I would appreciate it if you could copy and paste the questions and then add your answers.

1. After a good season last year are you expecting similar or better and does the Arsenal result change your opinion or was it just one of those days?

2. Due to a serious lack of resources many people regard the Clarets promotion as a miracle. Now that we are in the Premier amongst the money men, Burnley have kept the spending low and capped player’s wages to 15k per week. Is this a good idea?

3. Which Everton player should we worry about the most?

4. Are there any Burnley player’s that you have heard of and rate?

5. What position do you predict Everton will finish this season?

6. What position do you predict Burnley will finish this season?

7. Finally please predict the score for our game?

Many thanks for your time and good luck for the rest of the season.

1. After a good season last year are you expecting similar or better and does the Arsenal result change your opinion or was it just one of those days?

It's hard to really put expectations into perspective in terms of our financial position. Obviously with the squad we have we should be able to do well this season, but with the likes of Man City spending loads on players it will be hard to have a repeat of last season's finish. I would like to see a top 8 finish, and hopefully good runs in the cups.

As for the Arsenal game, I think it was just one of those days. With the squad we have we should be able to bounce back, in particular it will help when the likes of Jagielka, Arteta and Yakubu are all back.

2. Due to a serious lack of resources many people regard the Clarets promotion as a miracle. Now that we are in the Premier amongst the money men, Burnley have kept the spending low and capped player’s wages to 15k per week. Is this a good idea?

The concept of it works based on the quality of the players. I think you have a decent squad, and if those players are happy to play for 15 or less a week then good on them, it shows none of them are really looking to get away if it means more cash available. It's a credit to how good a manager Coyle is, I think he is similar to Moyes in that he works on very little resources yet he can still produce miracles.

If Tim Cahill plays in an attacking role against you I would say he should be most feared. His uncanny ability to always be in the right place at the right time is always a credit to how dangerous he is against other teams.

TBH I haven't seen a whole lot, but I do rate Gudjonsson and Eagles, both good players.

Anywhere from 5th-8th would do me fine.

14th-17th, I'd like to see you guys stay up.

2-1 to Everton, we'll be looking to bounce back after being humiliated by Arsenal.

Like all teams we need to strengthen. I believe 3 to 4 decent players would see us playing for 5th again. However we have not done so as yet and Saturdays performance will need to be consigned to the dustbin straight away. The Lescott saga has obviuosly had a detrimental affect and needs sorting out quickly. Personally I believe we should sell him now and move on.

In prinicpal it's a great idea but unfortunately it won't work in this division. It's a serious set up and while I think most people would like to see you do well, you will struggle without serious investment in players.

If it's anything like Saturday you won't have to. However Pienaar appears to be playing well regulalry at the moment and has formed a decent left sided partnership with Baines

The Scottish lad up front looked good in the play offs, scored a cracker. Rodriguez looks a good prospect but whther he will shine this year will remain to be seen.

If we get 3-4 players in before the deadline we will be fighting for 5th or 6th, if not then we will drop 3 or 4 places.

I'd like to se you do well and stay up so i'll be optimistic and 17th for you

0-2, hopefully get our season going.

1. After a good season last year are you expecting similar or better and does the Arsenal result change your opinion or was it just one of those days?I expect around the same tbh, good cup run, european place finish in the league and I will find that another decent season but not a progressive one. This summer has shown so far that we cant make the next step as we cant afford the next step, I believe Moyes could take us to new highs if he had the resources but at the moment he is doing the best he can. As for the arsenal result I think it was an eye opener to the board that we need new people in and fast.

2. Due to a serious lack of resources many people regard the Clarets promotion as a miracle. Now that we are in the Premier amongst the money men, Burnley have kept the spending low and capped player’s wages to 15k per week. Is this a good idea? Fantastic Idea in the sence of players are very much over paid, however if you want the players that will keep you up then this could prove to be a poor idea as other rival clubs may say "well there going to pay you £15,000 a week, we will pay you £20,000 if you come here" etc. so you could lose out on some targets due to this cap, but principly it is a brilliant move.

It really depends on who turns up, obviously Tim Cahill is always going to be mooted as the one to watch but on our day anyone can be a danger, Saha is a quality striker when fit so he should always be watched. Jo is hit and miss, one game he can be a world beater, next game he can be a donkey, so just depends whether Jo turns up or not if he is going to be a thorn in your side.

I feel slightly gulity in saying no, I know nothing of Burnley except your manager, Owen Coyle's name, thats it. However this could be seen to some Burnley fans as a postitive that you have slipped under the rader into the Prem and therefore many may underestimate you and could prove vital in Burnley picking up points this season in the fight to stay up.

Once we have our form back I can see us climbing the table more and more, Im going for 6th. I think Man City will finish 4th moving either Arsenal or Liverpool into Europa League postiion. Spurs on the other hand I think will really push us for that position, but I dont see Villa being as much as a threat this season.

After seeing Stokes first goal against you at the weekend I think if your going to defend like that all season then its going to be a long one, but In Owen Coyle you have a very good manager so I suspect he will address that issue. On Burnelys final postion? Sorry but relegation, as mention earlier you have spent low, wagged capped the club, no offence against any players you have now but I cant see them being a force in the premiership to keep you up, however with a good home form you may just scrap it.

2-0 to Everton, Tim Cahill and Leighton Baines as the scorers. Good luck for the season.

Yes I suppose I am expecting a good season this season the arsenal result was a disapointment but I'm not worried just yet however a loss to you lot might change things.

Arghh i wouldnt have a clue. I guess it keeps a tight knit squad together but who are your squad going to look to for that little bit of brililence usually when theres a high paid player on your roster your team look for that person to provide somthing special.

It may sound silly but I think after the loss against Arsenal you should be fearing phil neville hes a very proud man.

Chris Eagles. Will be interesting to see how Fletcher goes this season to.

6th-7th

19th but feel free for you lads to prove me wrong because i quite like your lot.

2-1 Everton win. wel go 2-0 up and then conceed leaving a nervey ending.

1. After a good season last year are you expecting similar or better and does the Arsenal result change your opinion or was it just one of those days? I can't in all honesty say I'm predicating the same performance as last season, purely because every team around us and above us has improved and we've stood still. The top 5 will be the former top 4 + City, ain't going to be stupid enough to try and predict that one :P But then you're talking the likes of Spurs pushing us for 6th. 7th would be my honest prediction. As for Saturday, whether it was a one off total breakdown or a more sinister long-term problem, we'll see over the next week or so.

2. Due to a serious lack of resources many people regard the Clarets promotion as a miracle. Now that we are in the Premier amongst the money men, Burnley have kept the spending low and capped player’s wages to 15k per week. Is this a good idea? Personally I think it's a great idea in the long term. Too many clubs have gone for broke in their first season in the top division, or their first season in a long time and have been left with nothing to show for it but Championship status, massive transfer debts and a huge wage bill. Better to take the T.V money, improve your infrastructure and make a go of it for a season. If you go down you go down, but at least you'll be much better off financially with the T.V money and the parachute payments.

3. Which Everton player should we worry about the most? If we're talking moment of brilliance, it's Saha all the time. The guy can literally create something out of nothing. He's such a top quality player. Jo actually had an alright linkup game against arsenal and if he has a midfield giving him any sort of service he can be deadly. Cahill as always is such an incredible threat from set pieces, especially against a team like Burnley who's defenders won't have played against a player like him before. His positioning, leap and heading are of such a world class that it could be a true "Welcome to the Premiership" moment. Down the left, Pienaar and especially Baines can terrorise any right side pairing in the world. Baines will test your wingers more than anything they ever came up against in the Championship.

4. Are there any Burnley player’s that you have heard of and rate? There were a couple of Eagles rumours flying around recently, and I was pleased. He's a real quality player. I'm tipping him to prove Sir Alex wrong this season.

5. What position do you predict Everton will finish this season? 6-8th depending on the form of Spurs and Villa.

6. What position do you predict Burnley will finish this season? Anywhere from 9th-20th. It really is up for grabs and if coyle can motivate his players week-in, week-out then there's no reason that you can't suprise everybody. On the other side of the coin, a couple of results going the wrong way due to late goals can mean the difference at that end of the table. Concentration means much more than skill.

7. Finally please predict the score for our game? 1-0 Everton, late Saha goal against the run of play

Good look with the season, guys! :P

Id love to be able to finish fifth again this season but I can't see it happening to be honest. 7th is probably a more realistic finish but hopefully still enough to get us some European football. And I hope the arsenal game was just one of those days and will provide us with a much needed kick up the bum if we didn't need one already

Without meaning to be disrespectful, its a great idea. Burnley did extremely well to get promoted and keeping things means that if they do go down this season they won't have many money problems as other clubs have had. On the downside it's a bit pessimistic to prepare for being relegated without a ball being kicked...

Tough question. without Arteta, I would worry about Pienaar's creativeness in midfield. Cut that off and you probably have a good chance of stopping us scoring.

Martin Paterson :D think he is an excellent striker. good worker rate and commitment and can score as well.

Probably around 7th but hopefully 5th again.

19th...but would love them to stay up. Football needs underdogs :)

2-1 Everton - Saha and Fellaini for us. Paterson for Burnley

Saturday was a freak result! If we can get a few squad players in and upgrade weaker first teamers (mainly hibbert and osman) we will still be challenging around the top 6. If we don't then I think at least Spurs and Citeh have enough to overtake us this season. The outcome of the Lescott saga may have a big impact on our season. Personally I'm happy for him to go for around £20m or a smaller fee with richards, de jong or petrov included.

2. Due to a serious lack of resources many people regard the Clarets promotion as a miracle. Now that we are in the Premier amongst the money men, Burnley have kept the spending low and capped players wages to 15k per week. Is this a good idea?

I actually thought Burnley, Preston and Cardiff would be there abouts last season (along with the obvious ones), so I wasn't overly shocked you came up as I thought you were well equipped for that division. I'm all for the wage cap and think there should be a rule. However as you have this wage cap you've had to sign young and unproven players at this level - I always think a newly promoted side need some old boys who have done it before at this level. Hull signed Boateng last summer and Stoke picked Beattie up - these are the kind of signings teams need to stay up. West Brom missed a trick not offering Phillips a longer deal and not going in for Carsley. I feel players like Butt or Hammann and Darius Vassell would have been good signings for your boys but you probably wouldn't get these with a £15k wage cap.

If you go off saturdays performance.... well??? Stevie Pienaar is the only one who can slightly raise his head from that shocker and actually saha when he came on. We look best when pienaar and baines link up down the left getting crosses into the likes of cahill and fellaini.

4. Are there any Burnley players that you have heard of and rate?

Eagles has always looked good and gudjohnson and alexander have good shots on them but the player I'd like to see more of this year is Fletcher, I've heard a lot of good things about him, we shall see!

I'd be able to answer that better on September 1st but I think Moyes will get a couple of quality players in and we'll finish 6/7th (behind big4 and citeh), it'll be close between us and spurs.

I'm sorry to say but I think you boys will finish 20th, I'd love you to stay up but can't see it.

Well after saturdays performance I've got no right to predict an everton win... but I'm going to anyway, we'll nick it 2-1 with a lucky late goal!

All the best to Burnley this season - I hope I'm wrong on Q.6!

Edited by c1982

Similiar Season the Arsenal game was a freak result that we always seem to have throughout the season and it doesnt change my opinion that we will have a top 6 finish.

2. Due to a serious lack of resources many people regard the Clarets promotion as a miracle. Now that we are in the Premier amongst the money men, Burnley have kept the spending low and capped players wages to 15k per week. Is this a good idea?

Whilst i agree with the principles of what your chairman and manager are doing i think that you need to break that structure in order to stay in the prem.

Saha if he plays, looked one of the only decent players when he came on against Arse. If Cahill moves up front he will also be a danger.

4. Are there any Burnley players that you have heard of and rate?

Dont really know much about your players sorry!, Eagles would be the one that would stand out and a player we have been linked with in the past.

Top 6

Bottom 3 sorry, i think Coyle will not change his style of play, similiar to WBA last season and you will be punished. I hope i am wrong because i like the way you have gone about things and your syle of play so i hope you stay up.

3-1 to us brace from Saha and 1 from Cahill.

Edited by scouse

Welcome firstly!

I think the Arsenal game was a freak result and we do tend to start very slowly.

I don't think there is much chance of 5th this year. To be honest top 8 would be an accomplishment.

Depends on what you can or cannot afford. You are unlikely to attract top players with 15k a week. It can be done but you need exceptional scouts.

Saha is playing well at the moment.

Eagles is a good player

7th I think

It will be tough for you. Maybe bottom 4 or 5. Surviving is a real accomplishment.

I think 2-1. Saha and Felli.

Thanks everybody. Sorry about the last 2 replies has I did the article from the first 6 or so due to me driving from Swansea today to get both games in at Burnley this week. I needed to queue the article up because I will not get home until Monday.

Article goes live Thursday morning at www.fansonline.net/burnley

I've recently released the Man Utd Who Are Ya article, but I have put in a good write up for you lot due to the nature of your replies. Man Utd fans were mainly arrogant and gave pathetic answers.

Thanks again and good luck.

Hopefully the Arsenal result was a one-off but it demonstrates how each year teams are improving their first XI's and overall squads and Everton are yet to do that in this transfer window. Here's hoping we still can.

I think it's a good idea. To bankrupt the club would be a disaster - look at Southampton, Norwich and Leeds. Get hungry players who are deteremined to prove that they are worthy of a place in the PL and have a really good bonus structure that will reward them if they stay up.

Cahill - if we get set pieces for Baines to deliver, that will be our biggest threat right now.

Eagles had a good season last year - needs to kick on and prove he can do it in the top league. Looking forward to seeing if Rodriquez can show his potential further.

8th - I think we will exceed expectations again if we finished above Man City, Spurs or Villa for a position in the top 7.

I'm sincerely hoping 17th. You've got to hope that Wolves, Pompey and Hull struggle.

0 - 1 Everton, Cahill from a set piece.

Good luck for the season and I hope you enjoy it.

It was just one of those days...the game was only really killed after the 3rd goal....i will say my expectation is the same as last year with a better run in europe....but maybe it should be higher, after all, last time aresenal creamed us on the opening fixture, we finished 4th....

Yes, for this season, but next season (should you survive), the cheque book should realy come out.

After saturday i am not sure exactly but I will say pienaar...

Robbie Blake is the only one...burnley legend.

6th (ahead of man city)

19th...sorry but there are too many experienced teams around the bottom i.e. bolton, wigan, blackburn, sunderland... Wolves to prop up the table come May.

3-1 Everton - continuation from our kick up the ass.

yeah definately, well done Burnley boys.

definately worried for us, bad time to be playing a supposed easy game like this especially after your result today.

That keeper of yours is a legend, great saves for you today and what I saw of league cup last year he looks to have been a vital player for you. Quality command of his area.

Personally, i think it was just one of those days. We should have bought a few players pre season as our squad is very limited, although it seems we are making slow progress there. I expect us to finish 6th or 7th this season

I think it is a good idea, i believe that everton also have a cap on wages, although i think it is more along the lines of 45K a week. If you can manage to stay up for one season then maybe you could increase this cap slightly. The last thing you want to do is pay some over rated players 30k a week only to be relegated and have that burden on you next season

Obviously noot JL, it is a tough question as the season has only just started. I thought Saha at least looked dangerous when he came on against Arsenal, so i will go for him

Robbie Blake, a player i rate very highly, he is capable of magic moments, like against spurs last season and his volley against Man Utd last night. Get in there.

As i stated on a previous post. 6th or 7th

I don't know enough about burnley, but i see a major struggle, sorry but 19th with hull beneath you

I have got to say i though we would win this easily but after seeing last nights result i think it may be tight. Still 2-0 to us, Saha and Tiny Tim

Hi all, Burnley fansonline editor here. Just wondering if you could answer me a few questions before our up and coming game. I’m hoping to get at least 5 people to answer the questions for me to include them in an article. All answers can be simple or in-depth.

To make life much easier for me I would appreciate it if you could copy and paste the questions and then add your answers.

It was a bad day and unlikely to be repeated. But I don't think we will do as well this year.

Yes. Everton have had a limited budget for years. But if you spend a lot and things go wrong you could be another Leeds Utd. Better to get established before spending big money I think.

Rodwell or Saha as regards goals.

I know the names but there is not really who I would rate so soon after you joining the prem. I would wait a few months to see how things pan out. (Sorry if that sounds insulting.)

About 10th I think. But I would hope for higher.

I would guess in the region of 12th to 15th

Everton need a good win to regain the confidence of the fans, but Burnley are a good side. If possible I would like to see at least a 3 - 0 win for Everton. However 1 - 0 is more likely. Prediction though is difficult not having played you competitively in a long time. 1 - 1 would be my guess.

And the best of luck to you too. Thanks for the questions.