IGNORED

What Are Your Opinions On:

rubecula

Just a thought, but what are your opinions on what David Moyes will do if there are no transfers this window?

Will he be looking to leave?

Will he be asking openly for more transfer funds?

Will he be looking to sell in January?

Will he grab BK by the throat and try to shake some money out of him? :lol:

I don't see why he'd be looking to leave or be asking for more transfer funds - he knows exactly what the financial situation is, if it was a deal-breaker in terms of his job he'd have never signed a new contract last year. He knows full well the board haven't got any more money to give, but at the same time I don't think he'll look to sell either - unless Lescott's whining really does start to affect the team.

The fact is, there is some money there - we had enough to go in for Naughton and Delph afterall, but got done on that front coz Spurs and Villa offered more cash up front and/or higher wages. Simple as. Those two factors have no doubt been a spanner in the works in other negotiations, especially given the way Man Shitty have inflated the going wage for top footballers yet again, but you've also got to factor in the fact that Moyes is incredibly fussy when it comes to picking players (esp since he had his fingers burnt by the VDM/Koldrup signings). All the money in the world wouldnt see him go out and throw the cash around like Hughes, he believes in the team ethic far more than star names.

As an aside, our best bet would be a salary cap and a limit on foreign players in the first team - maybe we should divert some of our limited funds into hiring a top-level lobbyist, coz we aint gonna get any fottballers at this rate!

but you've also got to factor in the fact that Moyes is incredibly fussy when it comes to picking players (esp since he had his fingers burnt by the VDM/Koldrup signings). All the money in the world wouldnt see him go out and throw the cash around like Hughes, he believes in the team ethic far more than star names.

As much as i moan, i'd rather he was like he is. and team spirit and ethic is vitally important to Moyes! He's proved it doesnt just take money to succeed (admittingly it helps to push that little more) but getting the right players, with the right attitudes is paramount. I again admitt that i moan about the lack of activity but in all honesty i'd be happy if we get 4/5 new players by the start of the season, a couple of them decent enough for our first team but more importantly want to play for Everton and help the club progress :)

Edited by tenaciousj