IGNORED

Sylvain Distin

blueblood

Villa have had bids for warnock and dunne accepted and pompy are in talks to sign a centre back from watford - williamson I think. This deal is looking like it'll be done in time for him to line-up alongside yobo on sunday.

Completly agree. Looks odd's on now. It's all gone a little crazy transfer wise today. Stoke agree fees for Huth and Tuncay, Pompey sign Smith and agree fee for Brown and Williamson, Blackburn get Chimbonda, Villa agree fees for Warnock and Dunne. All happening very qucik at the moment.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Valente retired I think and Jacobsen wanted a 2 year deal but Moyes wasn't convinced enough to offer him anything but another year.

i liked Jacobson and since we already had him made sense to me to keep him. he made a difference in the cup final. feel sorry for him to be honest, finally signed for a team (bburn) thinking hes probably 1st choice then they go and sign salgado. isnt Chimbonda a RB too?

Edited by galacticaracnid

"Everton have agreed a deal to sign defender Sylvain Distin from Portsmouth for an undisclosed fee.

The 31-year-old Frenchman will put pen to paper on a three-year-deal subject to passing a medical, which will take place at Finch Farm on Thursday evening.

Chief Executive Robert Elstone confirmed: "All the formalities have been completed. After Sylvain made it clear his preferred destination was Goodison, the Chairman moved quickly to finalise the deal and Sylvain is now on his way to Merseyside to undergo a medical."

David Moyes moved for the experienced former Paris St Germain, Newcastle United and Manchester City player after agreeing to sell England international Joleon Lescott earlier this week.

The Blues boss is also without long-term injury absentee Phil Jagielka until October at the earliest and has been forced to play midfield regular Phil Neville at centre-back in Everton's last two games.

Distin will become Moyes' third major capture of the current transfer window, following on-loan striker Jo and Russian international midfielder Diniyar Bilyaletdinov into Goodison Park. Subject to passing the medical, Distin could begin his Everton career on Sunday when Wigan Athletic are the visitors to Goodison.

An FA Cup winner with Pompey in 2008, Distin, who was the subject of a reported move to Aston Villa, can play left back as well as his preferred central-defensive position."

Well I'm gutted that we're wasting that sort of money on him.

Plus, I still can't get a new player on the back of my shirt because I don't rate him lol.

I feel the same on both points. I'm most tempted to get Rodwell on the back now.

Very disapointed with Distin though, after being linked with Taylor i really didn't want to go for some old hasbeen like Distin. We could have got someone like Turner fro Hull for a similar fee.

But beggers ca't be choosers I guess and a centre back is a centre back. We are desperate for numbers at the back so at least this is something, still not the signing i would have prayed for.

I do wonder if Moyes has already had some players looked at whilst the whole Lescott drama was going on any way. I mean, just look at how swiftly we completed the deal for Bily so maybe he already has cover for both positions lined up?

I know, I am naive but signing Bily has me all excitable :lol:

Actually i too got super excited when we signed Bily!

Distin sounds like an experienced player, but whats up with Villa biding last minute?!

Are we getting anywhere at signing Rasmus Elm?

Actually i too got super excited when we signed Bily!

Distin sounds like an experienced player, but whats up with Villa biding last minute?!

Are we getting anywhere at signing Rasmus Elm?

villa have are in talks with richard dunne, distin has agreed to sign for us.

elm is on his way to az alkmaar mate.

Well I'm gutted that we're wasting that sort of money on him.Plus, I still can't get a new player on the back of my shirt because I don't rate him lol.

You keep banging on about him being a waste of money yet you havent come up with an alternative or did you want us to try and last until January with only Leighton Baines as cover for LB?

Im quite pleased about him coming to be honest he's a very solid defender the only downside to him is his age coupled with the fee but at this stage of the season and with todays market being crazy its not to bad plus he has a good few years ahead of him and hasn't slowed down in the last few seasons, He will cover two positions and for me is as solid a defender as Lescott.

couldnt have put it better chacargo! i have no doubt that moyes is looking for a younger CB to eventually replace distan, but he is a very good solid defender who hads much needed height to the back. He is quick, mobile and very fit.

im hoping we now go for a right back, a younger cb and a right winger, and this is possibly the strongest everton squad in generation!