IGNORED

How Much Of Lescott Money Will Moyes Get?

well seeing how there was already at least 12m available because that's the highest bid Everton made this offseason .. you'd figure that if Moyes gets only half of what Man City paid for Lescott, he's gonna have more than 20m to work with .. should bring in something nice.

but in reality, I'm hoping he gets to use somewhere around 15m.

No idea. I'd actually lke to see us try and be able to give a decent wage to someone for a change. It's all well and good having money to spend to on players but the quality yo can bring in when you can actually offer a decent wage really jumps up. With this amount of money coming in you could use some of it to get some top talent, maybe even go in for one of the unwanted dutch real madrid midfielders (Van Der Vaart/ Snieder/ Robben), all class, allwould improve us a great deal. I'd like some investment in wages, if you look at the league table teams that spend big on transfers see an average of a 16 percent improvement on league position, whereas teams who invest more on salaries see 92 percent improvement. Simon Kuper wrote a very book that looks at this (Why England Lose). He's a great footballer writer for anyone who has not heard of him, another book Football Agaisnt The Enemy is also a very good read.

I reckon at the worst case about £18m (if we sell Jo for £25m). Best case £32m or there abouts. I'm sure we have something in the kitty. We bid £5.5m for Naughton for a start.

£18m buys us a ready replacement for Lescott and £4-5 for a cheapish right back.

Not ideal.

£32m on the other hand really opens up the game. Good defender, top midfielder and some spare change...

where the hell would we get 32 million from?

moyes definitely won't get all of it, and wolves have their cut. obviously some will be swallowed by the club as per.

i think romeys guess of 10m is about realistic, and i think we probably. i think our budget will then be about 18.

where the hell would we get 32 million from?

moyes definitely won't get all of it, and wolves have their cut. obviously some will be swallowed by the club as per.

i think romeys guess of 10m is about realistic, and i think we probably. i think our budget will then be about 18.

Well £25m from Lescott and £7-8m from our own kitty. Unrealistic, but I said best case.

I think if we can only find £7-8m to spend then quite frankly that's appalling. Its not like we have a large squad or wage bill.

lescott will go for an undisclosed fee so we wont know how much the club have taken. any players we buy will be undisclosed so we dont know how much the club have taken, and we wont know until next year when the accounts are published. maybe if we buy a big name (bentley maybe) they would say £10m for example so it looks like we are showing ambition.

maybe if we buy a big name (bentley maybe) they would say £10m for example so it looks like we are showing ambition.

Mr clinical eh? Well I never!

I bet you Everton sign Senderos, some no mark player other than Bengera and that's it. Ambition whilst Kenwright is in charge is dead, and so will be the season if the boys don't get their act together.

Anyway this interview doesn't inspire confidence:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/e/everton/8217134.stm

He admits the Lescott deal is more or less his only source of transfer funding, very very depressing. Kenwright must walk!

Edited by CaptainFerguson10

Well £25m from Lescott and £7-8m from our own kitty. Unrealistic, but I said best case.

I think if we can only find £7-8m to spend then quite frankly that's appalling. Its not like we have a large squad or wage bill.

it's not even best case, you're ignoring Wolves cut from the deal.

We need enough money to buy a 1st choice CB, RB and RM. We then need cover across the back and another midfielder (hopefully banega).

I make it 5 rather than the 4 moyes has said but he did say this before he 'agreed' to sell lescott.

To do this with the kind of players moyes has been hinting at (players that will improve us) we'd easily need to spend upwards of £20m - can I see this happening the next 10 days? NO! (I'd love to be wrong though!)

Guys your forgetting one IMPORTANT BIT OF INFO

WE NEVER EVER EVER PAY IN A LUMP SUM. We pay on the drip an it will be the same, so the money he has can easyly spread over quite a few players. Only russian teams want the whole amount in 1 go, most prem teams just pay on the drip. Man City probably pay the whole lot at one go.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/everton/6080710/Everton-step-up-search-for-recruits-as-Joleon-Lescott-nears-94k-a-week-Man-City-move.html

Says we have already bid £9m for Defour and £5m for Naughton

So with the Lescott money and having some money to spend we have no excuses to add to our squad in a major way.

Sure. The question is, will we have enough time to bring in as many new people as we'd like to? We've only got a week to get these deals done.

No excuses. There are several people there senior enough to deal with these things.

Moyes gives them a target list and how much he wants to pay. They all go off and do their thing. Surely not that hard.