Diniyar " Billy " Bilyaletdinov

c1982

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good info Eeyore thanks.

My question is...

will you now be supporting efc? and my 2nd question is, do you have a spare right back (part-exchange will be very much considered/encouraged)! :P

Thanks, doing my best. Exuse my poor English please. "It`s been a hard days night" :) and almost midnight here.

Regarding your question. To be honest I`m not the type of a person who can be called a devoted supporter (appart from Russian National team of course).

I don`t have a club even in my own country that I really support, but there are some I like and try not to miss their games (loko the previous Diniyar`s club is one of them). They same with English league. I will definetely watch Everton`s game with huge interest and will care for the club much more now, but there are other clubs where Russian players are not. I`ll keep an eye on them also.

Regarding right back. I`m not sure I got the question, sorry. Are you asking if there`s some right wing defender in Russian league who can be really helpful for Everton? Is so I can tell you one name. Alexander Anyukov from Zenit, St Petersburg. Great right back.

Put a big grin on my face when I heard we signed someone, hope he turns out to be a good player. I like russian players, from what i seen at the euro's they are very motivated and hard workers (hence getting to the semi's), just hope this guy is like that too.

I nearly wet myself when I woke up to this news yesterday, lol.

He was heavily linked to Bayern Munich a couple years ago and was often called 'the little Figo'. This is such an exciting signing IMO.

It was really, really weird though because I was moaning to the other half that I was desperate for us to get a proper winger and also someone with higher technical levels on the ball and lo and behold! :lol:

He's not a proper winger though, he plays to the left of the central midfielder but nor quite out wide.

Yar, does anyone know if the Ruski's play a 4-3-3 with Arshavin and Pavlyuchenko at all?

On the note of him playing centrally, both Arteta and Pienaar played centrally before they came to us as well but they've done well since being put onto the wing. From what I've seen of Bily he has more of the strength and balance of Arteta but is quicker so I reckon he is closer to a proper winger, if not a proper winger outright.

eeyore maybe you could answer this question, although it's really posed to anyone who can answer: how is diniyar's english? i know that foreign players' ability to speak english is crucial to how long it takes for a player to settle. it seemed it took fellaini quite a while to settle last season since he hardly spoke any english. going by the interview he did for the official site, it seems like he knows quite a bit, but its just a couple paragraphs. thoughts? answers?

Hi)

Sometimes it takes a big reason to register on english team forums (such as transfer of a russian player).

Wich is a shame, as Everton is very attractive team (wearing the proper blue shirts too =) ).

Heh, first of all: look at some songs about him by ultras lokomotiv fans)

It's all fun, but I hope he will bring Everton some fantasy in attack. And he has a lucky and pretty powerfull shot too.

Hmm, good night)

If I'm not mistaken the Lokomotiv girls quite like 'Diniyarka' Russian makes a lot of use of pet names, apparently that's the pronunciation of Dinyar's. ('Dinyarok' might work better for us guys.)

--

Looks like we're famous in Russia boys

http://fclokomotiv.com/news/fanats/1652-mneniya-anglijskix-fanatov-o-transfere-diniyara.html

I'll ask about see what I can learn about his English.

--

I guess i'll just keep adding to this reply.

Apparently he started this season with 3 goals in 4 games, then had a bit of a dip in form but has recently started putting them away again which has brought him back into the national side.

From reading on that forum I posted it doesn't seem like the Lokomotiv fans had any idea that he was about to leave.

Seems to be mixed views about him leaving. Some fans very upset, some wishing him well, and some unconvinced that this is the right move for him.

Edited by chicagoblue

Bilya was born in Moscow, so, like most of our young people (born after 1980), he knows English relativetily good.

Of course he'll need some practice (and maybe to learn some football specific), but it should not be the problem.

quote: "can you give us any more information on Bily?"

Maybe I can) but you should be more specific)

And about nicknames)

"Diniyar" is his name and the "-ka" suffix is... hmm... "affectionate diminutive" (don't hurt me, just found this in dictionary =)))

"Bilya" or "Bilya-sexy" - that's how other teams fans call him (well, you know he was really popular with girls). Not sure, but maybe you'll get a russian girls-only fan club now)

And most of russian football society call him "Bill"... Simple)

A brilliant name, tho it never got me a girls only fan club. :lol:

Is he an winger does he play out wide ? Does he get any Yellow/Red cards, Any disagreements with Team mates or Manager, is he one footed or can he play Right and Left side, Lastly is he worth the money we paid. ???

Thanks.

eeyore maybe you could answer this question, although it's really posed to anyone who can answer: how is diniyar's english? i know that foreign players' ability to speak english is crucial to how long it takes for a player to settle. it seemed it took fellaini quite a while to settle last season since he hardly spoke any english. going by the interview he did for the official site, it seems like he knows quite a bit, but its just a couple paragraphs. thoughts? answers?

He speaks English as far as I`m concerned. I know for sure he spoke with Moyes over the phone just before signing. Anyway even if his English is far from being perfect at the moment he is definetely the kind of person who will learn it quickly. The important thing he is that he was born in Moscow and did quite well at school (which is a rare thing for a footballer, but Diniar`s case)

As far as I know, he could play either on the left wing and as a center (left?) midfielder. Loko fans will correct me if I wrong, but I often saw him there in the middle. So i guess he could play wide)

Yellow and Red cards are not common for him (he gets his first yellow of the season in 13-th match or smth near). But I guess it's not really a good statistic. By the way, in Russian Premiership yellow cards comes more often then in EPL, so, as you can imagine, 3 cards a season indicates two things: he's not a harsh player, yes, but with that said his defensive ablilities are poor. So you need a good LB to cover him (if you play him on the wing).

He's a son of a Loko 2-nd coach, so he got a special treatment all the way, and never been in conflict with coaches or teammates (not sure what will happen in England though)...

I think he's a left-footed, and I doubt he can play right wing, but maybe a CM (as I said earlier).

And about the money... Well, no one will answer that at the moment... Russian players coming in EPL are changing due to different style of play. But it is a major boost to their morale, so, I guess, Bilya start will be good (and he's in form right now also), but will he carry it on the whole season - I don't know and can't even make a forecast.

A brilliant name, tho it never got me a girls only fan club. :lol:

Is he an winger does he play out wide ? Does he get any Yellow/Red cards, Any disagreements with Team mates or Manager, is he one footed or can he play Right and Left side, Lastly is he worth the money we paid. ???

Thanks.

As I already mentioned he is not a proper winger who plays out wide. Even if his position is on the left wing he always tends to move to the ceneter and acts like a play maker. Sometimes his position is simply the one of a central attacking midfielder.

Everybody says Dinyar is a very sociable, unconflictive person. Never heard he had any disagreements with Managers, Teammates or supporters. On the contrary everybody thinks highly of his personal qualities.

Following a post earlier.. I got google to translate that russian website....:lol: funny reading.. especially with the translations....

read their comments at the bottom....

"half of the views are so stupid)))) "

"all players of team Russia higher class than the players from Everton, is a fact, and let not being driven to Bilyu and Shavu"

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Ffclokomotiv.com%2Fnews%2Ffanats%2F1652-mneniya-anglijskix-fanatov-o-transfere-diniyara.html&sl=ru&tl=en&history_state0=

Edited by DangerMouse