IGNORED

Our New Starting 11?

Can only go off what we got at the moment.

-----Howard

Hibbert--Jags--Yobo-Bains

pienarr-Arteta-Cahill-Bily

Fellini

Yak

with a bench of Saha, Fellini, Jo, Vaughan,Neville, Nash

Personally i'd prefer us to play 4-4-2 as we got a very good striker force an i can see Jo, Saha an Yak working well as a strike force.

Edited by Adpom

Once everybody has come back from injury and is fully fit, what do you think our starting 11 will be?

Hibbert Jagielka Yobo Baines

Pinaaer Arteta Malaga(if it's true) Biyaletdinov

Cahill

Yakubu

Thoughts?

Guys, Banega isn't a defensive midfielder, he's a deep lying playmaker :P

------------------ Howard ------------------------------

Hibbertoni - Jags - Yobo - Baines

Pienaar - Neville - Arteta - Bilyaletdinov

------------------- Cahill ----------------------------------

------------------------ Yakubu -----------------------------

Bench: Nash, Rodwell, Fellaini, Saha, Banega, Osman, Jo

Don't know whether we'd go 2 strikers on the bench or put Duffy on there for cover at the back.

Don't know whether we'd go 2 strikers on the bench or put Duffy on there for cover at the back.

Would you not go 4-4-2 with the likes of Saha an Yak up front? either way its a good headache for moyes once Arties back

Would you not go 4-4-2 with the likes of Saha an Yak up front? either way its a good headache for moyes once Arties back

We don't have the steel for it in midfield to be honest.

I also think Cahill just has too much quality to drop. With Lescott gone nobody else is the same kind of threat from set pieces.

It'd be a shame to finally have 2 players who can cross the ball on our flanks and not to have TC arriving for the cross :P

:lol: class... I LOVE IT...... I can see him sprinting down the wing already....in his tight blue Italian top (playing at home with his kids obviously) HIBBERTONI he screams as he wellies a 30 yarder past his five year old.... :lol: :lol:

Sounds a good team to me.

Impact subs being Saha for Yakubu, Rodwell for Neville (Or Neville to RB and Hibbert off).

So are we saying that we are happy to keep hibbert/Hibbertoni now???? Or would people still like a replacement for him and if so who????

Apparently Moyes considered Osman the bigger liability of the two and he bought someone that will allow him to put Pienaar RM. Having Pienaar in front of him will probably make him a little less vulnerable but keeping Hibbert will cost some points.

Apparently Moyes considered Osman the bigger liability of the two and he bought someone that will allow him to put Pienaar RM. Having Pienaar in front of him will probably make him a little less vulnerable but keeping Hibbert will cost some points.

Osman doesn't track back, Pienaar does, so that may give Hibberto a big more confidance, only time will tell tho

------------ Howard -----------

- Neville - Jags - Yobo - Baines

---------Banega-----Arteta-------

-----Pienaar-------------Bilyaletdinov------

-----------Cahill----------------

-------------------Yakubu---------------

Bench: Nash, Rodwell, Fellaini, Saha, Hibbert, Osman, Jo

Edited by tenaciousj

Osman doesn't track back, Pienaar does, so that may give Hibberto a big more confidance, only time will tell tho

Osman is usless on the right........ just watch him play... he spends most of his time infield...miles away from Hibbert.... He doesnt track back, He carnt pass, he doesnt offer Hibbert any help & he loses the ball in bad positions.... hes fucking useless......

He looks better in the center but I think his time has come to an end................

Edited by DangerMouse

Osman is usless on the right........ just watch him play... he spends most of his time infield...miles away from Hibbert.... He doesnt track back, He carnt pass, he doesnt offer Hibbert any help & he loses the ball in bad positions.... hes fucking useless......

He looks better in the center but I think his time has come to an end................

Those comments are overly harsh on Ossie but I think we'll see Neville and Pienaar down the right against Fulham with Rodwell or Fellaini in the holding role in centre mid.

Those comments are overly harsh on Ossie but I think we'll see Neville and Pienaar down the right against Fulham with Rodwell or Fellaini in the holding role in centre mid.

I dont think Im harsh at all. If you watch closely hes allways infield.... that sort of leaves Hibbert in the lurch....

His passing is bad... and he gives the ball away more than anyone esle when in bad positions.... (offensive & defensive)

He doesnt track back... how often is Hibbert left to defend on his own???????

I dont think Im harsh at all. If you watch closely hes allways infield.... that sort of leaves Hibbert in the lurch....

His passing is bad... and he gives the ball away more than anyone esle when in bad positions.... (offensive & defensive)

He doesnt track back... how often is Hibbert left to defend on his own???????

I agree. I get infuriated watching him now, I think he'll be a good sub but he is not a starting player. As mentioned he does not offer any support to the defense and does really offer much attacking threat either, a waste of a starting space at the moment.

Neville - Jags - Yobo - Baines

Pienaar - Arteta - Rodwell - Bilyaletdinov

--------------Yakubu - Saha ----------------------------

Subs: Cahill, Felli, Hibbert, Banega?, Jo, Vaughan, a.n.other defender

This is the one in my opinion.

I think this is a really nice balanced team.

No space for Cahill or Felli though. Saha and Yak have more goals in them than either of Felli or Cahill and also offer power and pace which they don't.

Great impact subs though.

That midfield 4 will allow us to go 4-4-2 as they can all pass the ball well.

No space for Cahill or Felli though. Saha and Yak have more goals in them than either of Felli or Cahill and also offer power and pace which they don't.

Going 4-4-2 isn't about passing, it's about having 2 relatively complete centre midfielders. Arteta is too lightweight IMO.

------------ Howard -----------

- Neville - Jags - Yobo - Baines

---------Banega-----Arteta-------

-----Pienaar-------------Bilyaletdinov------

-----------Cahill----------------

-------------------Yakubu---------------

Bench: Nash, Rodwell, Fellaini, Saha, Hibbert, Osman, Jo

I'm with this when everyone's fit. Hopefully add Distin and another couple to the squad.

Going 4-4-2 isn't about passing, it's about having 2 relatively complete centre midfielders. Arteta is too lightweight IMO.

Not surely I entirely agree. For me its balance and being able to keep the ball for two minutes.

Paul Scholes couldn't tackle for sh*t but you wouldn't say he wasn't suited to 4-4-2.

Rodders adds more defensively ability that Arteta but that doesn't mean Mikel has no tackling ability whatsoever.

Anyway we will see what Moyesy decides. Can't see him dropping Cahill to be honest.

I suppose it depends on who we are playing because neither the Yak or Saha are renowned for working thier socks off when we havent got the ball

Not surely I entirely agree. For me its balance and being able to keep the ball for two minutes.

Paul Scholes couldn't tackle for sh*t but you wouldn't say he wasn't suited to 4-4-2.

Rodders adds more defensively ability that Arteta but that doesn't mean Mikel has no tackling ability whatsoever.

Anyway we will see what Moyesy decides. Can't see him dropping Cahill to be honest.

Its the 88 minutes WITHOUT the ball that are important :lol:

"Paul Scholes couldnt tackle for shit" But ROY KEANE COULD :lol:

Edited by DangerMouse

--------------Howard-----------------

Hibbert---Yobo----Hangeland----Baines

--------------Neville----------------

Pienaar-----------------Bilyaletdinov

--------Fellaini---Cahill------------

--------------Yakubu-----------------

Bench: Nash, Banega, Rodwell, Osman, Saha, Jo, Gosling

That's assuming we get another defender, I'm saying Hangeland as I think him and Yobo would make a pretty powerful, or at least, intimidating CB pairing, and assuming aswell that we get banega. Moyes said he wanted 4 players, and I think 2 midfielders and 2 defenders would be a good balance. I don't think he should give up on Elm though. Having him as well would give us a flush of youthful players to roll out in Carling ad FA Cup matches as well as in Europe, and let the senior players handle the Premier League first and foremost.

When all are fit however:

---------------Howard----------------

Neville----Jagielka----Yobo----Baines

---------------Arteta----------------

Pienaar-----------------Bilyaletdinov

-------Fellaini------Cahill----------

---------------Yakubu----------------

Bench: Nash, Hangeland, Banega, Osman, Rodwell, Saha, Jo.

All we've really done is put Bily in Osman's place, and I'm just assuming that Bily is better, because he's worth £9 mil, and frankly, Osman is barely worth half that. I agree that the likes of Osman are the average joe's of the team, and Moyes needs to use this money to secure some real talent. Banega, if we get him will be our second loan player. And if Moyes already had at least 5-8 mil in the starting kitty, to be able to at least table some bids for players like we know he has, he should have a good 15 - 20 odd mil left to play with, and that in a Moyes market could easily get us another 2-3 high quality players. The only problem being the lateness of the acquisition. Hughes isn't stupid, he knows Moyes held out for more money, and he knows by giving it to us so late in the game we'll be playing catch up to a very strong looking Man City side. However, my second starting 11 is basically the team we had before, and I'm confident if that team can gel, we could get back to playing some good football and really stand a chance at finishing strongly, so long as all those players play to their best for the best part of the season. Only time we tell, but I'm confident that what we have left, when fit, is a top 4 breaking side. It's the balance of playing upwards of 60 plus games that we need players for, so they don;t have to be great, just good enough to knuckle down and get us results when we need it, against shit teams we'd normally buckle under, unnecessarily so. Teams like Burnley. God I hope Moyes gets to spend and wisely over the next week.