Our New Starting 11?

--------------Howard-----------------

Hibbert---Yobo----Hangeland----Baines

--------------Neville----------------

Pienaar-----------------Bilyaletdinov

--------Fellaini---Cahill------------

--------------Yakubu-----------------

Bench: Nash, Banega, Rodwell, Osman, Saha, Jo, Gosling

That's assuming we get another defender, I'm saying Hangeland as I think him and Yobo would make a pretty powerful, or at least, intimidating CB pairing, and assuming aswell that we get banega. Moyes said he wanted 4 players, and I think 2 midfielders and 2 defenders would be a good balance. I don't think he should give up on Elm though. Having him as well would give us a flush of youthful players to roll out in Carling ad FA Cup matches as well as in Europe, and let the senior players handle the Premier League first and foremost.

When all are fit however:

---------------Howard----------------

Neville----Jagielka----Yobo----Baines

---------------Arteta----------------

-------Fellaini------Cahill----------

---------------Yakubu----------------

Bench: Nash, Hangeland, Banega, Osman, Rodwell, Saha, Jo.

All we've really done is put Bily in Osman's place, and I'm just assuming that Bily is better, because he's worth £9 mil, and frankly, Osman is barely worth half that. I agree that the likes of Osman are the average joe's of the team, and Moyes needs to use this money to secure some real talent. Banega, if we get him will be our second loan player. And if Moyes already had at least 5-8 mil in the starting kitty, to be able to at least table some bids for players like we know he has, he should have a good 15 - 20 odd mil left to play with, and that in a Moyes market could easily get us another 2-3 high quality players. The only problem being the lateness of the acquisition. Hughes isn't stupid, he knows Moyes held out for more money, and he knows by giving it to us so late in the game we'll be playing catch up to a very strong looking Man City side. However, my second starting 11 is basically the team we had before, and I'm confident if that team can gel, we could get back to playing some good football and really stand a chance at finishing strongly, so long as all those players play to their best for the best part of the season. Only time we tell, but I'm confident that what we have left, when fit, is a top 4 breaking side. It's the balance of playing upwards of 60 plus games that we need players for, so they don;t have to be great, just good enough to knuckle down and get us results when we need it, against shit teams we'd normally buckle under, unnecessarily so. Teams like Burnley. God I hope Moyes gets to spend and wisely over the next week.

you dont think hangeland will get ahead of yobo?

What I would love to see:

-------------Howard

(new RB) Jagielka Yobo Baines

Pienaar Arteta (new holding player) Bilyaletdinov

----------Saha Yakubu

What is likely, at least for the beginning of the season:

----------Howard

Hibbert Yobo Neville Baines

Osman Fellaini Rodwell Pienaar

----------Cahill

----------Saha

With Jags, Arteta and Yak injured plus Bily being brand new I reckon the second one will be our line-up unless Moyes employs some radical thinking.

--------------Howard-----------------

Hibbert---Yobo----Hangeland----Baines

--------------Neville----------------

--------Fellaini---Cahill------------

--------------Yakubu-----------------

Bench: Nash, Banega, Rodwell, Osman, Saha, Jo, Gosling

That's assuming we get another defender, I'm saying Hangeland as I think him and Yobo would make a pretty powerful, or at least, intimidating CB pairing, and assuming aswell that we get banega. Moyes said he wanted 4 players, and I think 2 midfielders and 2 defenders would be a good balance. I don't think he should give up on Elm though. Having him as well would give us a flush of youthful players to roll out in Carling ad FA Cup matches as well as in Europe, and let the senior players handle the Premier League first and foremost.

When all are fit however:

---------------Howard----------------

Neville----Jagielka----Yobo----Baines

---------------Arteta----------------

-------Fellaini------Cahill----------

---------------Yakubu----------------

Bench: Nash, Hangeland, Banega, Osman, Rodwell, Saha, Jo.

All we've really done is put Bily in Osman's place, and I'm just assuming that Bily is better, because he's worth £9 mil, and frankly, Osman is barely worth half that. I agree that the likes of Osman are the average joe's of the team, and Moyes needs to use this money to secure some real talent. Banega, if we get him will be our second loan player. And if Moyes already had at least 5-8 mil in the starting kitty, to be able to at least table some bids for players like we know he has, he should have a good 15 - 20 odd mil left to play with, and that in a Moyes market could easily get us another 2-3 high quality players. The only problem being the lateness of the acquisition. Hughes isn't stupid, he knows Moyes held out for more money, and he knows by giving it to us so late in the game we'll be playing catch up to a very strong looking Man City side. However, my second starting 11 is basically the team we had before, and I'm confident if that team can gel, we could get back to playing some good football and really stand a chance at finishing strongly, so long as all those players play to their best for the best part of the season. Only time we tell, but I'm confident that what we have left, when fit, is a top 4 breaking side. It's the balance of playing upwards of 60 plus games that we need players for, so they don;t have to be great, just good enough to knuckle down and get us results when we need it, against shit teams we'd normally buckle under, unnecessarily so. Teams like Burnley. God I hope Moyes gets to spend and wisely over the next week.

100% agreed. That bench would put enough pressure on the starting XI to give the full effort each game as well.

ok, i know i started a thread but here goes anyway.

............howard

.....Johnny____Jags____Baines

............Neville

Pienaar_____Arteta______Billy

..........Cahill/Felli

.......Saha__________Yak.

would require Nev dropping back in to rightback if Baines went forward on a run to keep the back 3.

Edited by galacticaracnid

• 2 weeks later...

taking into account the new signings and also if all fit :

----------howard

neville heitinga jags baines

pienaar rodwell fellaini billy

----------arteta

-----------saha

I loved Heitinga as a CB with Ajax .. a bench with Distin, Yakubu, Cahill has veteran players who know how to be immediately ready when called upon to enter the game and make an impact.. Plus they can keep pressure on a team that for the majority is still young.

Edited by holystove