IGNORED

Boro Game...

rowlo-efc

I made the conscious decision to sit in the Top balcony last night so that i could see what was going on 'off the ball'.

firstly - well done that little lad who ran on and tried to slide tackle the boro defence - followed by running back towards the Gwladys street with his arsm raised as if he'd scored the winner in the FA cup final!

Secondly.

I though that in the first half before he was injured, Ferrari looked very good and linked with Kilbane very well.

The goal sadly came as a result of Ferrari's injury. they played the ball towards him and jimmy flloydddddd fatwank beat him for pace because Ferrari couldn't run. Then Martyn made a boo boo and let it go between his legs! (school boy error)

I blame Moysey for the goal - it was obvious to me that Ferrari was finished but he didn't sub him straight away - and we had an international defender on the bench - per kroldrup.

We had chance after chance really - Arteta was fantastic and his link up play with Hibbert in the first half was a joy to watch.

Second half - not so good to start. In fact boro were all over us for the first ten minutes - but another goal didn't come despite one the most clear cut chances that i have ever seen - Jimmy fatwank couldn't hit the target!

It then brightened up a bit for the blues - and as the clock ticked, we got better and better.

onthe hour mark, VDM made his long awaited début - first touch - gave the ball away in his own half :(

Ajudging that to have been nerves - he quickly got into the game and one us a foul - which Arteta almost converted, leaving the crossbar rattling...

VDm then began to show us why Inter had signed him all two years ago - his crossing was very good - infact too good for the Everton strike force.

BT was poor - he tracked back well (better than Mcfadden and Bent) but his off the ball positioning and reading of the game is amatuerish - pub team at best!

He had two clear chances for me - missed both of them - one he fluffed and the other he hit wide.

McFadden - worst player on the pitch. enough said - the lad had lots of chances to set things up but - like Peter beagrie used to, he failed to give the ball up until he had lost it.

Weir/Yobo -usual from them

So in summary

I thought we played ok - we where better than boro going forward but looked nervous at the back and in midfield when they attacked.

Arteta was sensational for us - had a good shot saved (good save) and a free kick that hit the bar. He took players on and his crossing was very good.

VDM - I could like this guy - nice crosses - decent shot off aswell..

Neville - played well - was the voice on the park and got himself about a bit - especially down the right - supporting hibbert and arteta on the overlap.

truth for me....we had the beating of boro - they were certainly no better than us - but.....story of our season - WE COULDNT SCORE!

I have read a few reports on the game, and it sounds as if Arteta had a really good game along with the Boro defence.

Terms like '...the fast improving Everton side...' being used.

Would have been really nice to get a win and start to get some momentum up, but I would rather us take 3 points of them in the league in 10 days time, considering our league position.

I have read a few reports on the game, and it sounds as if Arteta had a really good game along with the Boro defence.

Would have been really nice to get a win and start to get some momentum up, but I would rather us take 3 points of them in the league in 10 days time, considering our league position.

Me too.

The way I see it is that the Carling cup is a bit of a ball ache.

We struggled with the amount of matches we had to play at the start of the year - with the Carling cup - we would have still been playing midweek games and knackering out the squad - we cant afford to do that given our current state of affairs, league position and injury list.

Me too.

The way I see it is that the Carling cup is a bit of a ball ache.

We struggled with the amount of matches we had to play at the start of the year - with the Carling cup - we would have still been playing midweek games and knackering out the squad - we cant afford to do that given our current  state of affairs, league position and injury list.

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=32...el=english_cups

look at the possession in the table at the bottom of the article - 60%

Focus on the league, we are difinatly sorting ourselves out albiet slowley but by the time the FA cup comes around we may be in a position to actually pose some kind of threat. The sad fact is that if we met Port Vale on a cold wednesday night at the moment we would be outfought and have our fragile confidence level completely destroyed!

On the upside, we are starting to look better and i am very confident that things will begin to fall into place over the next few weeks. Andy Van looked lively and just wanted to whip in crosses or shoot every time he got the ball :o he looks like Kanchelskis the way he leans over the ball and trys to dig out a shot when he cuts inside! Looks like Charlton have well and truely taken our title of "unlikely challengers" for this season, they look unstoppable.

Case of wrong Bent signed one quietly thinks to one's self.................. :D

Guest fozzie22
Focus on the league, we are difinatly sorting ourselves out albiet slowley but by the time the FA cup comes around we may be in a position to actually pose some kind of threat. The sad fact is that if we met Port Vale on a cold wednesday night at the moment we would be outfought and have our fragile confidence level completely destroyed!

On the upside, we are starting to look better and i am very confident that things will begin to fall into place over the next few weeks. Andy Van looked lively and just wanted to whip in crosses or shoot every time he got the ball  :) he looks like Kanchelskis the way he leans over the ball and trys to dig out a shot when he cuts inside! Looks like Charlton have well and truely taken our title of "unlikely challengers" for this season, they look unstoppable.

Case of wrong Bent signed one quietly thinks to one's self..................  :o

Focus on the league,lol..

It was only a month or so ago it was lets do well in all compitions.. :D

god im in a bad mood today

Yes you are - go and take a chill pill will ya!

take deep breaths before posting and have a swift pint! :o

Anyway - just to annoy you more fozzie22 - I blame Moysey for last nights goal and the reason for this...

Ferrari was involved in a heavy collision that saw him removed from teh pitch for treatment - when he came back on he could barely walk, let alone run...

So, as expected, boro fired the ball down their right hand side (our left) and attacked the weakened ferrari. He kept drifting out of position because he couldn't run - yet Moysey left him on.

Then when the ball was threaded through to Jimmy fatwank, the only player in any sort of position to cover it was....Ferrari - who couldn't track back quick enough.

Okay - where was weir and why did it take yobo longer to turn than a double decker bus? But even if we take this into account - I cant help but think that if Moysey had made the substitution straight away - we wouldn't have conceded!

Oh well - thats my opinion! GRRR. :D

Know what you mean, it wasn't long till half time and he may have been able to run it of.

Some you win some you lose.

From Sky sports it was interesting that we had 60% possession and 10 corner kick to 1.

It looks as if in this game that we were truly unlucky to get beat 1-0. As apposed to a lot of the games we have lost this season which were 50-50 at best.

i really dont see yobo as a centre half tbh,more of a right back..he's made more than his fair share of mistakes this season

Sorry guys but I have to be a doom monger, I thought we we had a lot of possession but until the last 20 mins had one shot on goal. Boro meanwhile and JFH SHOULD have had a hat trick spurning an open goal by side footing wide and dragging one wide when clear through plus one of their players (I didn't see who) hit the bar from 3 yards out after Martyn saved Viduka's chance with his face.

Maybe a case of 'after the Lord Mayor's Show' and I certainly hope it is but we weren't at the races.

Yes we had chances late on but none so clear as JFH missed.

Still optimistic for Saturday though. :P