IGNORED

The Worst Everton Player

craigb

Surely everyone has made an Everton worst XI out of players that we have seen rather than simply having a best XI. Hard to name just one terrible player but my worst XI woould probably be:

Baardsen

Earl Barrett, Carl Tiler, Per Kroldrup, Mark Hottiger

Claus Thompson, Mitch Ward, Gareth Farrelly, Scott Gemill

John Spencer, Mikel Madar

Subs: Paul Gerrard, Mark Hughes, Stewart Barlow, Alex Nyarko, Eddy Bosnar (never saw him play but thought he deserved a mention)

Now if this was our team we would be challenging the top 4 this season!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thread is about players we've actually seen play a lot though Mike, and I've only properly been going to see Everton for the last 3 or 4 years.

i understood and took your opinion, what i said was more aimed at captainferguson i think it was...your case is maybe understandable although i still think we've seen worse in the last few years.

stephen hughes is one that deserves a mention

alexanderson wasn't THAT bad, just didn't play well often enough but when he did he looked decent.

Stewart Barlow was terrible, and Gareth Farrelly was terrible too. Seriously the morning of that last match against Coventry I thought we were going down as Farrelly had played awful in every other game. 'That goal' was the only thing he ever did for us. The only one I questioned in my lineup was Madar, to be fair his scoring record wasn't bad admittedly he wasn't a good player but as a striker you judge them on goals. I think part of everyone's dislike of Madar comes from him being French and having stupid hair. I was considering swapping him with Tommy Johnson (even though he was only a loan)

Surely everyone has made an Everton worst XI out of players that we have seen rather than simply having a best XI. Hard to name just one terrible player but my worst XI woould probably be:

Baardsen

Earl Barrett, Carl Tiler, Per Kroldrup, Mark Hottiger

Claus Thompson, Mitch Ward, Gareth Farrelly, Scott Gemill

John Spencer, Mikel Madar

Subs: Paul Gerrard, Mark Hughes, Stewart Barlow, Alex Nyarko, Eddy Bosnar (never saw him play but thought he deserved a mention)

Now if this was our team we would be challenging the top 4 this season!

Baarsden

Tony Thomas Glen Keeley Kroldrup Hottiger

Rodrigo Milligan Claus Thomsen Preki

Bret Angel Stuart Barndoor

subs Madar, Mickey Walsh, David Johnson, Paul Holmes, Stuart Storer

Brett Angel has got most votes on here and I wouldn't disagree. My Dad and my brother are both reds and they used to rip the piss out of me something rotten that we had Angel in our side. God they were dark days.

I'd also like to give Vinnie Samways a mention just coz the lazy fucker could never be arsed flying in from his villa in Spain to actually put in a stint for us - "Nah gaffer, I dan't fink I can green-grarsed to pplay this week, tell the press I've dan me knee again"

As for Tony hibbert, shame on you all, he's been our regular right back for 8 seasons, yes he's got his limitations but he's been a great servant to this club and is when on form is a reliable, tough-tackling, hhard-working full-back who could do a job in any side. Not his fault the Brazilians invented wing-backs in the 90s...

Oh, and a final mention for Nick Chadwick, who is now helping Chester City in their impossible fight to avoid relegation to the Conference North after a 25 point deduction. Scored two on his full debut for them mind, but still an utter donkey playing where he always belonged.

As for Tony hibbert, shame on you all, he's been our regular right back for 8 seasons, yes he's got his limitations but he's been a great servant to this club and is when on form is a reliable, tough-tackling, hhard-working full-back who could do a job in any side. Not his fault the Brazilians invented wing-backs in the 90s...

Carlos Alberto thanks you :blink:

I've seen some bad ones but i cant believe nobody has mentioned VAN DER MEYDE, 4 YEARS AND ONLY COMPLETED 90 MINS ONCE IN A PRE SEASON FRIENDLY.

4 years and about £6 million pounds in wages for doing absolutely nothing, without a doubt the most useless fookin player ever to come to this club.

Fellaini comes a close second. ;):D

I've seen some bad ones but i cant believe nobody has mentioned VAN DER MEYDE, 4 YEARS AND ONLY COMPLETED 90 MINS ONCE IN A PRE SEASON FRIENDLY.

4 years and about £6 million pounds in wages for doing absolutely nothing, without a doubt the most useless fookin player ever to come to this club.

Fellaini comes a close second. ;):D

His cross for Gosling against The Shite was worth £6M!!

As a swede it hurts to admit that Alexandersson sucked big time. Linderoth also sucked at everton, shame because he later turned out to be a cracking player and one of the most important in the swedish national squad.

The only Swede to succeed at everton was Limpar, and he was nowhere near as good as he was at arsenal.

Another swede, Stefan Rehn wasnt bad tho but to uneven.

No one has mentioned Bakayoko yet.

What about Jon Oster?

Nick Barmby?

When legend Sheedy left he was replaced by Ian Wilson. Which would be my vote for worst player ever.

Worst manager ever?? Walter Smith

Edited by Peter H

As a swede it hurts to admit that Alexandersson sucked big time. Linderoth also sucked at everton, shame because he later turned out to be a cracking player and one of the most important in the swedish national squad.

The only Swede to succeed at everton was Limpar, and he was nowhere near as good as he was at arsenal.

Another swede, Stefan Rehn wasnt bad tho but to uneven.

No one has mentioned Bakayoko yet.

What about Jon Oster?

Nick Barmby?

When legend Sheedy left he was replaced by Ian Wilson. Which would be my vote for worst player ever.

Worst manager ever?? Walter Smith

...cant believe youve just done that to me - he was my choice and i thought he was all mine! Cant believe he actually played in an fa cup final for us! He was shocking!

Never been a regular match-goer so I can't comment in terms of suffering week-in week-out but one that sticks out in my memory is Neil Robinson, purely on the performance he gave in the second League Cup Final replay against Villa in '77. It was physically painful to me :( .

linderoth was one of our best midfield player imo, better than pembridge gemmil watson alexanderson and graveson

worse ive seen super kev. yes gotta love the man 4 keepin us up but the years i had my season ticket and had to watch his stoopid facial expressions everytime he fluffed his shot over the bar and jus sit down and put his hands on his fuckin head argh! he frustrated me

wud also give westerveldt a mention but he only played the once(thankfully) and think should only pick players who played more than a few games cos wudnt realy call him a ex everton player, jus like i wudnt count avm or silva

linderoth better than gravesen? i've heard it all now. he's not a bad player but he was terrible for us...another name that deserves amention

duncan ferguson... i know some of u would love him to bend you over and i'll get flamed for this, i also admit this is just to provoke a reaction and to make my voice heard also...big dunc is and was a waste of space and a mindless thug.

Haven't seen any mention of Michael Branch, not the worst but he couldn't score for crap! also what about Danny Williamson? didn't we pay like £4m + Unsworth for him?

Worst 2 for me by far were Claus Thomsen and Brett Angel - pure dire!

Danny Williamson!!!! Is your memory that good or have you got that book that lists all those that have played for us? If that is memory, I am impressed. His contribution was pathetic. Mention of Williamson is so amusing it has cheered me up. So after a difficult few days thnaks for that c1982!

Danny effin' Williamson...lol

The only two one that stands out for me as being BAD is Bret Angel.... that guy didnt even seem to know what offside was...:lol: Id never slate him though he got to do something that I couldnt..... pull on that blue shirt....

I remember Paul Gerrard pissing me off a couple of times.... Im not saying hes the worst keeper we have had but..... does anyone remember that time ha came and stood in front of the wall at a free kick........ DICKHEAD.... the other team just blocked him and passed it into the net.... Anyone remeber who it was against?

duncan ferguson... i know some of u would love him to bend you over and i'll get flamed for this, i also admit this is just to provoke a reaction and to make my voice heard also...big dunc is and was a waste of space and a mindless thug.

What a load of pure bullshit :blink:

I havent been going the game half the time a few on here have but my worst player has got to be scott Gemmil, he was fucking terrible.

Edited by Blue4Ever

What a load of pure bullshit :blink:

I havent been going the game half the time a few on here have but my worst player has got to be scott Gemmil, he was fucking terrible.

Duncan can never be described as a terrible player. Thug, yes, terrible no. But I have to agree to some extent because what Dunc did was to bring out the worst of the squad, particularly in his second spell when he was used more as a sub. We'd be playing good(ish) football, Big D comes on and its hoof-ball. And usually ineffective hoof-ball at that.

To the subject, many bad players mentioned but I have to go with the worst disappointment, Andy 'Shandy' Van Der Meyde, simply because we all knew the quality the guy possesed but never showed.

Edited by nobbyblue

Danny Williamson!!!! Is your memory that good or have you got that book that lists all those that have played for us? If that is memory, I am impressed. His contribution was pathetic. Mention of Williamson is so amusing it has cheered me up. So after a difficult few days thnaks for that c1982!

Danny effin' Williamson...lol

It's all in my head, still buzzing "£4m and Unsworth for that shite!" I was so pissed off because Unsworth was quality in his first spell... still not over it as you can see!

Just had another come to mind - John O'Connor, as a young un' I used to love it when we signed right backs as that was where I played - he was one of the worst! other shite efc right backs... Mitch Ward, Tony Thomas and John O'Kane to name but a few. Sadly Tony Hibbert is one of the better right backs I've seen in my time slightly better than Earl Barrett, Matt Jackson, Alec Cleland and Marc Hottiger. So in my life-time XI I always go for Mark Ward or maybe Pip now as right back!