8 replies to this topic

#1 iggy

iggy

Trevor Steven

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 27 Aug 2009 - 08:39

Gone to Motherwell on loan, methinks he has little/no future with us, perhaps our friends north of the border may buy him in January?

http://www.evertonfc...motherwell.html

#2 nobbyblue

nobbyblue

Tony Hibbert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 27 Aug 2009 - 08:57

Gone to Motherwell on loan, methinks he has little/no future with us, perhaps our friends north of the border may buy him in January?

http://www.evertonfc...motherwell.html

Beat me to it. This was to be my first post!

I read about this last night and thought exactly the same. I was quite surprised as he was regularly banded around the blueroom as a great prospect and a certainty to make the grade. If that was the case surely he'd have gone to the Championship, or even Hull, since they're completely unable to sign strikers!

#3 Matt

Matt

United we stand, divided we fall...

• Cyber Steward
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,233 posts

Posted 27 Aug 2009 - 08:59

i thought he was being touted as a big prospect for the future to be honest. but, best of luck to him either way...

#4 jamiemaher85

jamiemaher85

Those Feet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,624 posts

Posted 27 Aug 2009 - 09:04

Good luck to him. Maybe a loan spell can help him push on. He had a couple of nice tocuhes in his solo performance for us (against 'Boro at home i think). However I just don't ever see him pushing for a first team place, at 20 years old he would be knocking at the door by now if he realy was going to make the grade.

#5 MikeO

MikeO

Scars are tattoos with better stories.

• Admin
  • 39,498 posts

Posted 27 Aug 2009 - 09:13

It was Sunderland Jamie :) .

Not neccessarily the end of his Everton career....Ossie was still going out on loan at 22/23 (cue "he should have stayed at Carlisle/Derby" posts :rolleyes: ).

#6 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,235 posts

Posted 27 Aug 2009 - 09:19

Good luck to him but I don't see him ever making it at Everton.

#7 Bill

Bill

Alex. Top player

• Members
  • 15,508 posts

Posted 27 Aug 2009 - 09:31

Yeah, he seems to be getting pushed further down in the pecking order, Agard is now ahead of him so its time for him to move on. Good luck to him.

#8 FairWooney

FairWooney

Kevin Sheedy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 27 Aug 2009 - 09:34

I remember seeing an interview last year were Moyes was talking about our quality Youth set up and that we bring in lots of good players in at a young age to come through there. He then names Jutkiewicz as someone who would never make the grade.

I can't find a source for it now i'm afraid but it was a very strange thing for a manager to say about a current young player he has in his squad!

#9 CaptainFerguson10

CaptainFerguson10

Leon Osman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 27 Aug 2009 - 09:50

He will never be first team, so may as well sell him. Not every youth player will make the grade, but at Everton it seems a lot just come and go. I particularly disappointed Lukas hasn't made the grade, along with Scott Spencer as a lot of money were invested in them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users