IGNORED

Johnny Heitinga

MikeO

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh he must be about twenty-four now. Can't be bothered to check.

Seriously, he is wasted at RB! I hope people know he is a CB first and foremost :(

bloody hell! he mustve started in the national team when he was 17 then! he has always impressed when ive seen him. sounds like another versitile player for defence. now the big questions: how much and wages?

how old is he now? hes been around for ages!

He's 26 I think. He's similar to Taylor in regards to the fact that he is much better at centre back than he is at right back, but he can still do a job there. He would do better at right back than lescott did at left back, and he steadied that position if nothing else.

He's 26 I think. He's similar to Taylor in regards to the fact that he is much better at centre back than he is at right back, but he can still do a job there. He would do better at right back than lescott did at left back, and he steadied that position if nothing else.

Dont know if thats a typo or if you really mean it, Davey continually stated that Lescott was the best left back in the country, and he kept Baines out of the team for about 12 months.

imo he was a better full back than he was at centre half, and thats a compliment because he was a pretty good CH as well. ;)

Well he was never the best full back in the country. He did a job, and Baines lack of fitness was one of the main reseason we didn't get a look in. Lescott did ok but when you see Baines play there who is a natural left back yo realise that while lescott steadied the ship he didn't really offer that much within that position. Becuase we where so poor in that positio for so long Lescott was a breath of fresh air, but he wasn't ever a world beater there and Moyes was deluded if he thought he was best left back in the country.

The thing about Lescott at fullback was that it happened at a time when Ashley Cole was off form and Baines was still getting over his injury plus Wayne Bridge wasn't playing a lot of football. I can't see him playing for England there again unless that very, very rare situation crops up. Any way, onto the issue at hand . . .

I agree with Jamie, Heitinga is a top CB who has yet to prove himself outside of Holland. I doubt Atletico will let go of him unless it is for silly money and Everton simply do not have silly money to spend.

Edited by Calico