287 replies to this topic

#201 kurt321

kurt321

Tim Howard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 01 Sep 2009 - 10:52

So we got 22m for Lescott which is approx 19m in the coffers. We had a 5m offer for Kyle Naughton before we considered selling Lescott. That takes our budget to 24m at least.

Bily = 9m
Distin = 5m

Leaves us with 10m remaining of what we as fans should expect to be available. If after finishing 5th with a cup final we are only given 5m to spend then it's a disgrace, Moyes has operated on a ridiculous net transfer budget for too long now, and the board really do need to get their fingers out, there are some wealthy people in their who are just waiting for a payday and are not prepared to back the manager, it's a case of put up or get out. I feel we have been more than patient enough.

It would be interesting to see our finance reports. We have been in a great position not to gamble, but to have a calculated risk in strengthening our squad with players like Moutinho etc who would have taken us close to that 4th spot, alas now I feel even the likes of Liverpool will struggle to do that given the resurgence of Arsenal, Spurs and Man City along with the perenial contenders of Chelsea and Man Ure.

Unless we are lucky with injuries and the likes of Distin and Bily settle and improve the squad we will struggle to make the top 6 and we will continue to shop at Aldi whilst the rest of the aforementioned teams take their pick of the elite. Just watching the goal we conceeded against Wigan made me realise just how weak our right side is, and unless that is rectified, it will be a focal point of attack by other teams in the prem and we will concede goal after goal.

Couldn't agree more. If we don't pull something magic off in this transfer window we might have to settle for 7th or even 8th spot. Scary stuff.

#202 jamiemaher85

jamiemaher85

Those Feet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,624 posts

Posted 01 Sep 2009 - 11:49

He's just arrived at FF. Footage and everything on SSN

#203 aaron

aaron

Everton Aren't We

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,102 posts

Posted 01 Sep 2009 - 11:50

Just seen it myself jamie, bloody good stuff but benaga wont be joining =[

#204 jamiemaher85

jamiemaher85

Those Feet

• Members
  • 5,624 posts

Posted 01 Sep 2009 - 11:55

Banega thing is not surprising, we all knew it was dead in the water for awhile now. Still its a shame.

#205 Paddy

Paddy

Denis Stracqualursi

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 Sep 2009 - 11:55

Just seen it myself jamie, bloody good stuff but benaga wont be joining =[

Wait,am Ireading this properly,did you say Heitinga is at Finch Farm???? PLease say its true????

#206 jamiemaher85

jamiemaher85

Those Feet

• Members
  • 5,624 posts

Posted 01 Sep 2009 - 12:01

Wait,am Ireading this properly,did you say Heitinga is at Finch Farm???? PLease say its true????

Indeed he is. Flew in by private jet. Video footage of him arriving in a merc. Seen it with my own eyes. It's not doone yet though so lets not celebrate just yet.

#207 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 44,210 posts

Posted 01 Sep 2009 - 12:01

It is, they had footbage of him arriving. Let's get this done now Everton.

#208 Lowensda

Lowensda

A force to be reckoned with, I reckon

• Members
  • 14,821 posts

Posted 01 Sep 2009 - 12:02

He's just arrived at FF. Footage and everything on SSN

GET IN BLUD woop woop woop!!! yes :) happy pappy!!

#209 GoodisonRoad

GoodisonRoad

Peter Reid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,105 posts

Posted 01 Sep 2009 - 12:04

made up that this one is PROBABLY gonna go through, can see this being the one and only though.

#210 Bill

Bill

Alex. Top player

• Members
  • 15,505 posts

Posted 01 Sep 2009 - 12:06

Yeah they said (SSN) that there has been a compromise in the salary. Not a done deal yet but its looking better as the day goes on.

#211 marcopaulo

marcopaulo

marcopaulo - pun lover

• Members
  • 13,687 posts

Posted 01 Sep 2009 - 12:08

yayayayayayayayayay!!!!

#212 Lowensda

Lowensda

• Members
  • 14,821 posts

Posted 01 Sep 2009 - 12:09

Fuckin brilliant signing if this comes off...oooo im excited :D

#213 Paddy

Paddy

Denis Stracqualursi

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 Sep 2009 - 12:10

Come on Heitinga,sign those papers!!! I hate to be the bad guy lads but with Everton I wont believe it till I see sign sealed and delivered! please please please please happen!!!!!
Does this mean if he signs we can sell Hibbert at Tesco for the highest bidder..!!!!!

#214 Everton_Worshiper

Everton_Worshiper

David Moyes

• Members
  • 2,337 posts

Posted 01 Sep 2009 - 12:10

Can't say I have seen a great deal of him but Moyes and his scouts obviously have.
So is the start of the end for Hibbert or will Distin/Yobo be dropped to the bench...? When Jags is back it will get interesting.

#215 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,210 posts

Posted 01 Sep 2009 - 12:12

Can't say I have seen a great deal of him but Moyes and his scouts obviously have.
So is the start of the end for Hibbert or will Distin/Yobo be dropped to the bench...? When Jags is back it will get interesting.

We'll have competition for places, I may just have a heartattack :o.

#216 CaptainFerguson10

CaptainFerguson10

Leon Osman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 01 Sep 2009 - 12:15

http://www.timesonli...icle6815970.ece

#217 jamiemaher85

jamiemaher85

Those Feet

• Members
  • 5,624 posts

Posted 01 Sep 2009 - 12:15

I would imagine that long term we would be looking at a defence of:-

Heitinga Jags Distin Baines

Not too bad really. Possible ful team of

Howard
Pienaar Neville Arteta Bily
Cahill
Yak

Bench from:-
Nash, Yobo, Hibbo, Fellaini, Rodders, Ossie, Jo, Saha, Goose, Vic, Vaughny.

Having options on bench would be stunnig. Even at the wigan game we saw the differenfce having someone like Felli come on and changing a game. Felli as an impact player actually excites me as well.

#218 Bill

Bill

Alex. Top player

• Members
  • 15,505 posts

Posted 01 Sep 2009 - 12:17

If we had kept Jacobsen as back-up for Heitinga, we could have sold Hibbert. :D :D

#219 Everton_Worshiper

Everton_Worshiper

David Moyes

• Members
  • 2,337 posts

Posted 01 Sep 2009 - 12:18

Yep, Felli seems more suited to being an impact player at the moment.
My frown was nowhere to be seen after he came on against Wigan...let's hope he keeps it up.

#220 Lowensda

Lowensda

• Members
  • 14,821 posts

Posted 01 Sep 2009 - 12:19

I would imagine that long term we would be looking at a defence of:-

Not too bad really. Possible ful team of

Howard
Pienaar Neville Arteta Bily
Cahill
Yak

Bench from:-
Nash, Yobo, Hibbo, Fellaini, Rodders, Ossie, Jo, Saha, Goose, Vic, Vaughny.

Having options on bench would be stunnig. Even at the wigan game we saw the differenfce having someone like Felli come on and changing a game. Felli as an impact player actually excites me as well.

A bloody expensive impact player at that!! but honestly, that team looks boss!! I'd still like another midfield general and eventualy have Jags as captain! Our defence looks unreal when you put it like that, Howard wont get beaten :P hahaha here's to hoping anyway!!

#221 Lowensda

Lowensda

• Members
  • 14,821 posts

Posted 01 Sep 2009 - 12:20

My frown was nowhere to be seen after he came on against Wigan...let's hope he keeps it up.

*splutter* i nearly choked...

#222 jamiemaher85

jamiemaher85

Those Feet

• Members
  • 5,624 posts

Posted 01 Sep 2009 - 12:22

If we had kept Jacobsen as back-up for Heitinga, we could have sold Hibbert. :D :D

Funnily enough I dont think i'd want to sell him. I dont mind him as a squad member but he just should not be starting for a team with the ambitions we have. He can have the occaisonal good game. I have an odd soft spot for him, for all the stick he gets (from me included) but i actually dont want to get shut of him. Jst dont want him to be in the starting line up.

#223 CaptainFerguson10

CaptainFerguson10

Leon Osman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 01 Sep 2009 - 12:24

*splutter* i nearly choked...

That's an understatement, almost PMSL.

#224 jamiemaher85

jamiemaher85

Those Feet

• Members
  • 5,624 posts

Posted 01 Sep 2009 - 12:26

A bloody expensive impact player at that!! but honestly, that team looks boss!! I'd still like another midfield general and eventualy have Jags as captain! Our defence looks unreal when you put it like that, Howard wont get beaten :P hahaha here's to hoping anyway!!

It would be an expansive impact player, but if we get the best out f him then all the better. Him losing a automatic starting place would also force him to keep improving, keep him on his feet.

#225 the_toffee_bronco

the_toffee_bronco

Joe Parkinson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 01 Sep 2009 - 12:27

does anyone know if Johnny and pienaar played down the same side of the pitch when they were at ajax together??

#226 Paddy

Paddy

Denis Stracqualursi

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 Sep 2009 - 12:28

If the truth be known I like him two!!He may not be the best player out there but he's a true Evertonian and gives it his all,a quality in todays modern game which is indeed a rarity!!!
Its just a pity he's crap!!!

#227 jamiemaher85

jamiemaher85

Those Feet

• Members
  • 5,624 posts

Posted 01 Sep 2009 - 12:38

does anyone know if Johnny and pienaar played down the same side of the pitch when they were at ajax together??

Yes they did, for close to 5 years.

#228 Patto

Patto

Time Will Tell

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,046 posts

Posted 01 Sep 2009 - 12:47

dont like this heitinga deal i feel were being had...feels like a kroldrup deal his team seems to happy to get rid .

#229 Bigduncsma

Bigduncsma

Tim Howard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 136 posts

Posted 01 Sep 2009 - 12:51

dont like this heitinga deal i feel were being had...feels like a kroldrup deal his team seems to happy to get rid .

Dont think so somehow....this fella is class,and have you seen the shot on him,a right back that can score goals.....when was the last time we had one of them ????? Gary Stevens !!

#230 Sgt Pepper

Sgt Pepper

Beaver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 146 posts

Posted 01 Sep 2009 - 12:54

Hallelujah! Awesome player :D

#231 marcopaulo

marcopaulo

marcopaulo - pun lover

• Members
  • 13,687 posts

Posted 01 Sep 2009 - 13:03

kin hell you feelin alright mate? :lol:

#232 Calico

Calico

Mick Lyons

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 01 Sep 2009 - 13:14

Heitinga and Pienaar did not play down the same side at Ajax. Heitinga played primarily as a CB - holding DM on the rare occasion - whilst Pienaar played in a floating three in the middle.

#233 jamiemaher85

jamiemaher85

Those Feet

• Members
  • 5,624 posts

Posted 01 Sep 2009 - 13:16

Heitinga and Pienaar did not play down the same side at Ajax. Heitinga played primarily as a CB - holding DM on the rare occasion - whilst Pienaar played in a floating three in the middle.

They played in the same side though, came through the ranks together, thats going to help.

#234 gaz efc

gaz efc

Lee Carsley

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 01 Sep 2009 - 13:19

think this lad could help in future transfers a well known name within the game hopefully he'll have a word in van der varts ear

#235 Calico

Calico

Mick Lyons

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 01 Sep 2009 - 13:22

Exactly, jamie :)

Just thought I'd answer the bit about whether they played on the same flank. I am of the mind that flanks, systems and symmetry aren't so important to players of this kind, therefore I agree with your sentiment that them having played in the same eleven is an advantage.

Edited by Calico, 01 Sep 2009 - 13:26.

#236 efc-murph

efc-murph

Brian Labone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 01 Sep 2009 - 13:56

looks like he is having a medical now

#237 jamiemaher85

jamiemaher85

Those Feet

• Members
  • 5,624 posts

Posted 01 Sep 2009 - 14:15

Exactly, jamie :)

Just thought I'd answer the bit about whether they played on the same flank. I am of the mind that flanks, systems and symmetry aren't so important to players of this kind, therefore I agree with your sentiment that them having played in the same eleven is an advantage.

Ah, just re-read the other guys first post, i misread it. I thought he asked if they had played in the same squad, didnt notice it was actually did they play down the same side. Oops. My bad.

#238 MikeO

MikeO

Scars are tattoos with better stories.

• Admin
  • 39,478 posts

Posted 01 Sep 2009 - 14:29

Not really consciously seen the bloke but I've rarely (probably never) seen such excitement around a potential signing (patto excepted) so it looks good.

Think in the circumstances we should give special recognition to whoever was clever enough to start the thread.....

....Oh, wait a minute B) :lol: .

#239 jamiemaher85

jamiemaher85

Those Feet

• Members
  • 5,624 posts

Posted 01 Sep 2009 - 14:34

Nice one Mike. Pretty sure that Moysie checks in here and you did probably flag the name up to him in the first place.... if he flops though it's on yor head now!

#240 hafnia

hafnia

Self-Proclaimed Oracle

• Members
  • 19,139 posts

Posted 01 Sep 2009 - 14:37

Just sent my top scout out to see him on Football Manager 2009, good stats in terms of heading and anticipation, aggression, little bit slow though. Apparently has the potential to be as good as Yobo. Let's pull the plug on this one then eh!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users