• Steven Pienaar
    • Marouane Fellaini
    • João Alves Jô
    • Diniyar Bilyaletdinov

pollresizear5.jpg

_46293505_distin_pa766.jpg

_46293955_saha2_pa766.jpg

_46294132_baines_getty766.jpg

Current Player of the Year standings....

Pienaar 40

Rodwell 29

Saha 26

Fellaini 12

Hibbert 9

Neville 2

Baines 1

Osman 1

Howard 1

Gosling 1

João Alves Jô 1

MOTM winners....

Sigma Olomouc (A)...Steven Pienaar

Burnley...(A)...Tony Hibbert

Sigma Olomouc (H)...Jack Rodwell

Arsenal (H)...Steven Pienaar

I can't choose :(

Rodwell and Neville constantly driving the team on, Hibbert looked quality down the flank, Distin looked like he had been playing for us for years, Cahill was so unlucky, Pienaar was constantly trouble, Saha scored and Jo was very sharp coming on winning a penalty and was very unlucky not to score...

Damn I can't choose

EDIT: AND I forgot Fellaini who was class when he came on.

:/ I'm abstaining until I can gather other people's views on the matter.

Edited by Grarghsies

was tempted to give it to Fellaini but 20 mins isn't enough no matter how good the performance and the difference brought to the team.

Instead, gave it to Rodwell, impressive first hour by him. Disappeared toward the end but had done enough.

Neville and Distin get an honourable mention.

Commentator on 5live said he'd barely noticed Distin, which (as Pat Nevin pointed out) was because he'd played so well....even one Jagielka-esque block it sounded like from the commentary.

Didn't see enough to vote myself, I'll have a think after MOTD2 tonight (first time this season I'll be able to watch it from on the sofa instead of behind it :P ).

got to be rodwell great performance today composure on the ball and confidence growing every game . fellaini had big impact on game when he came on also thought hibbert had good game today crossing was far better thought we deserved the points and now with the win will give the lads some confidence going into next game coyb

had to be rodwell today. his passing was excellent and he held together the middle of our midfield brilliantly. he always looked like a shooting threat and he wasn't afraid to take some shots today but was just unlucky with the wet conditions. honorable mention for distin as well. over all he had a great debut and our defence looks much more composed with him in there. great decision by moyes to keep rodwell in the starting eleven.

Edited by American Evertonian

I shall also wait until after MOTD to make my vote :)

Edit: So I went with Rodwell. I get the impression that whilst others provided the sharp end of our goals Jack was there for most of the match as a calm, controlling influence.

Though, to be honest, they still only showed about two seconds so it was difficult to judge.

Edited by Calico

Rodwell for me. Looked calm and accomplished on the ball and never afraid to try and make the keeper work. I can't remember the last time we had a midfielder who will genuinely look to be a regular shooting threat outside the box.

This boy is going to be special!

Being at the match Yobo was my man of the match - he thrived alongside distin - best I've seen him in a long while. However having watched MOTD2 the key highlights showed Rodwell as the man of the match - his best bits were very good yesterday but there were a few very sloppy passes creeping in during the 2nd half - so yobo pipped it for me.

Not his biggest fan but Hibbo had a very good game, put in a great cross which Timmy would nod in 9 times out of 10 - yesterday was the 1!

Also surprised Howard didn't get a vote - kept us in at 1-1.

Osman was weak link once again but he's still out of position on the right - it'll be good when he's an impact player for the centre of our mid.

i just can't decide. Alot played very very well, Neville did a brilliant job as did Howard on the 6 v 2 instant, Rodders ran the midfield. Cahill played well, with some neat passing, Saha scored an is showing his class. Hibbert did a fantastic cross, but went to sleep on the Wigan goal. Defense still isn't 100% as there closing down was a little crap. Jo an Fellini defo changed the match.

I'm gonna go for Rodders, he played the best.

Being at the match Yobo was my man of the match - he thrived alongside distin - best I've seen him in a long while. However having watched MOTD2 the key highlights showed Rodwell as the man of the match - his best bits were very good yesterday but there were a few very sloppy passes creeping in during the 2nd half - so yobo pipped it for me.

Not his biggest fan but Hibbo had a very good game, put in a great cross which Timmy would nod in 9 times out of 10 - yesterday was the 1!

Also surprised Howard didn't get a vote - kept us in at 1-1.

Osman was weak link once again but he's still out of position on the right - it'll be good when he's an impact player for the centre of our mid.

Hibbertoni has had a great season so far, just not a fans favourite. Maybe he needs to grow his hair...

Got to be a good sign, so many different players being touted as man of the match.Thing is they still made pretty hard work of beating Wigan :mellow:

Gave my vote to Pienaar for his non stop effort, though as mentioned there were good touches from many.Fellaini looks to have been stung by his visit to the bench and came on with a point to prove.The small amount I saw of him he looked good.

Hibbertoni has had a great season so far, just not a fans favourite. Maybe he needs to grow his hair...

Wouldn't go that far - awful vs arse, sigma home was a stroll really, burnley good dive, sigma away - well???, yesterday he was good.

I don't get on his back as many do at the games, I refuse to boo any of our players, but lets be honest though he hasn't had a great season - that's a very bold statement of a player who's been in a defence that's leaked 9 goals in 5 games and been sent off in one of the games! The only 3 players who you could say have had a great start are rodwell (considering his age), pienaar (looked pure class) and saha (4 in 4).

A couple of candidates yesterday. Rodwell had a decent game, he still tends to give the ball away easily from simple positions but I accept that he is still learning and will improve further in that area, his confidence is growing and I am sure he will be a great talent for years to come. Neville, played his captains part and was quick to regalvanise the troops after going behind and nearly conceding a second. However for bringing a more calmed assurance to the defence, apart from the switching off of Hibbert and Osman for their goal, my MOM goes to Sylvain Distin, already looks a worthwhile replacement and long may that continue.