IGNORED

Anyone Been Impressed With Saha?

couldnt agree more, came into form in a couple of games at the end of last season and seems to have carried it through pre-season and into this season, definatly when him and yak get playing together we will have a fearsome strike force on our hands. Also with mikky n jags coming back and the likley hood of the new rb, i would think one more midfielder maybe and we will be set to gate crash the top 4 me tinks :D

Saha is doing superb and he seems genuinely motivated to make the most of the chance we have given him. Personally I am not convinced that he and Yak will wor well as a combiantion (much as I'd love it to), but either way if we can get to the stage where we have Yak, Saha and Jo fit for a sustained period of time then there is goals in this side.

Vaughan isn't being rushed back because that's how you end a player with his injuries' career. Bring him back gradually and at the right time and the lad will look as good as he did a couple years ago. The lad has only just turned 21, remember.

Edited by Calico

Really? I've always found his first touch to be quite good. Of course poor pitches never help a player's touch, especially when said player has had a number of recent injuries.

I can also understand what could be said to be greed since he often has to play by himself as the *only* player capable of the accuracy he can achieve when it comes to shooting. I suppose we'll see his best when he is surrounded by a combination of attacking players such as: Arteta, Bily and Pienaar.

I think the fact he is being greedy is a sign that he's feeling good and confident about how he's playing at the minute. Watched far too many players when confidence has been low who've been frightened to take responsibilty and have a dig.

Hopefully he can keep himself fit, because this is probably the best form he's been in for maybe the last 5-6 years.

Yes I have been impressed with Saha.

Saha is a world class player. You haven't seen the best of his ability yet. Maybe he's past his best, maybe not, only time will tell. Last time he got full pre-season was the 2006/2007 campaign, and he was hands down the best Man Utd player the first half of the season - before he got injured again. <_< He was outstanding, created goals out of nothing. United were struggling to qualify from their CL group but Saha was outstanding and made them qualify almost on his own (the goal in the 0-1 game against Benfica was sick).

Anyway, when fit he is world class (wich rarely happens :( ). But he is looking ok at the moment, hopefully he can stay fit and in form.

here's a peak at Saha in form ;)

Those who doubted him have no idea about the game, where those who doubted his fitness gladly thus far have been proven wrong. Despite some John Lennon rose tinted opinion that Vaughan is the best finisher at the club, Saha is the most complete striker we have and should get a further two year extension if Distin contract is anything to go by.

Edited by CaptainFerguson10

I am hopeful that Saha's ability will spur on Jo to perform to his best too.

When Jo is good, he is really good, but when he is not. Well that seems to be most of the time just now. Lack of confidence maybe. He needs a kick up the backside, which a fully fit Saha may give him. Along with a suitably fit Yak of course.

With the strike force we have at our fingertips, we SHOULD be able to go through any defense in the premiership.

I am hopeful that Saha's ability will spur on Jo to perform to his best too.

When Jo is good, he is really good, but when he is not. Well that seems to be most of the time just now. Lack of confidence maybe. He needs a kick up the backside, which a fully fit Saha may give him. Along with a suitably fit Yak of course.

With the strike force we have at our fingertips, we SHOULD be able to go through any defense in the premiership.

I agree, still feel Jo can be a huge asset for us.

Those who doubted him have no idea about the game, where those who doubted his fitness gladly thus far have been proven wrong. Despite some John Lennon rose tinted opinion that Vaughan is the best finisher at the club, Saha is the most complete striker we have and should get a further two year extension if Distin contract is anything to go by.

2 years? Getting on in years abit, and once his pace goes his goals will dry up. Here's hoping he proves me wrong though.

Weren't you slagging him off an telling us to get rid of him, before the season started?