IGNORED

Kenwright's Greatest Trick!

We are constantly borrowing money much like every football club.

The success of the season dictates how much of the principal of the loan we pay off. I'm sure as long as we stay up that even the minimum PL TV money is enough to service the interest along with our running costs.

I think we've got loans secured against TV Money for at least the next 2 years, someone could correct me on that.

Didn't really suggest going into debt my point was more that even with increased profits at the club this is never reflected by the size of our transfer kitty. I understand wages takes a large percentage of money from the clubs running but surely at the start of the season they couldn't have predicted finishing fifth a cup final and new deals with Chang and kitbag where is this increase in profit?

If there is no profit from this then surely if we have apoor season and finish mid table the difference in tv money will leave us running at a loss.

further into debt was my point mate. i understand the arguements that we should have more money as youve pointed out, but last time i read the club was still in debt and i like the fact that were working towards getting rid of that debt whilst bringin in quality players.. Also, theres been a big move in wage structure if what the papers are saying is true with Johnny boys wages surpassing Artetas. I wouldnt be surprised if we see signings in January (last day of course), so dont despair!

further into debt was my point mate. i understand the arguements that we should have more money as youve pointed out, but last time i read the club was still in debt and i like the fact that were working towards getting rid of that debt whilst bringin in quality players.. Also, theres been a big move in wage structure if what the papers are saying is true with Johnny boys wages surpassing Artetas. I wouldnt be surprised if we see signings in January (last day of course), so dont despair!

how? we have increased the debt every year for the last few years. this year might be the first in a while we havent.

I like BK, i was there when we had the dark days of Johnson, when it was 1 relagation fight to another to another, no europe, except for the 1 fa cup win when Joe Royal was in charge, but the board refused to give him cash to buy ole gunner solskar(spelling)so he quit. An i remember a very dark day, were we stayed up by GOAL DIFFRENCE, by 1 goal, 1 simple goal. now were the 5th best team in England, just got to a fa cup final doing well in europe an got a fantastic squad, yet you still moan. BK has taken up from a Relagation odd on favourite to almost champ league qualifyers.

Yes he not rich, like Abromovich, who's Chelsea are 700 mil in debt(what the point in having a rich chairman when your in so much debt).

Why didn't the top 4 spend big this time, simple THEY GOT NO MONEY, Man u an Liverpool are up to there eye balls in debt.

Man U sold Ronaldo for 80 mil an as i said when they sold him,Fergy will got hardly any of it as most will got to repaying the debt. Otherwise i sure, Imbra or Ribery would be a Utd player today.

Moyes has got rid of 3 crap players an brought in class players. Our squad is the BEST its been under him, an i for one am posative that we have another great season.

Last season we started with Yak,Vaughan Johnson,Mcfadden an Anchibe up front. We now got Yak,Saha,Jo,Vaughan an Anicehbe. I'd much reather have Saha an Jo then AJ an MCfadden.

Don't forget that Everton pay for players in installments, they never buy out right. Thats what alot of the debt is.

As we've Sold Lescott, an i imagine city paid in full. We probably brought the new players out right, meaning the debt is less.

Just because we bid 5 mil for Naughton, doesn't mean we HAVE 5 mil it means we can afford to pay that amount over so many months/years.

Take a good long look at our squad, that the squad that Moyes AND Kenwright have put together. now find the squad we had when Moyes an Kenwright took over, an tell me which is best.

Don't slate BK, because what he done for OUR club is amazing. Yes he not the richest chairman, but i bet he the most giving. Well except the man city owner.

SteveO: how? we have increased the debt every year for the last few years. this year might be the first in a while we havent.

working towards mate, didnt mean we were actually getting anywhere with it! i assumed (i know, i know - big mistake) that record profits would start the curve of debts coming back down...

Edited by galacticaracnid

SteveO: how? we have increased the debt every year for the last few years. this year might be the first in a while we havent.

working towards mate, didnt mean we were actually getting anywhere with it! i assumed (i know, i know - big mistake) that record profits would start the curve of debts coming back down...

Why do people keep refering to record profits...... We made about 20k last year.....

I think far to many people are getting confused with the club announcing a "record TURNOVER"

Why do people keep refering to record profits...... We made about 20k last year.....

I think far to many people are getting confused with the club announcing a "record TURNOVER"

Yeah and often it is common for journalist to hype record turnover when disposal income is still very low due to operating costs & long term debts.

that could be it then. my financial knowledge is hardly wonderful...

to put it very simply; every year everton increase overdrafts, mortgages, loans, pretty much every financial product the bank will allow. we are increasing turnover, but that only really covers the costs of running the business.

i.e. we are in financial danger.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/2968287/Credit-crunch-How-Premier-League-teams-will-be-affected--Football.html

If the club want us to look at football as a business, then any fan of reasonable morals would stay at home and pocket the money spent on going to the match when the £50 could pay for their childrens tuition, driving lessons, uni fund - whatever.

Football is football, don't expect fans to have to become financial experts, we go to the games and spend our money because we love the club and want success and have pride. If you control a club and financially cannot give it the money it's reputation and fans need, then get out. Do not refuse to answer straight questions such as "how much are you asking for the club" because we deserve better, Hiding behind a canny manager will not get you all the time in the world, many fans are waiting for the day when Man City, United or Real Madrid will come calling for Jack Rodwell, with Kenwright in charge he will be sold.

Thanks for all you've done Bill, now please "actively" sell us. i.e let it be known how much we are up for.

There are some people who believe that Kenwright can't sell the club because he doesn't own enough of it. He had to borrow from Paul Gregg's wife last time around:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/2383344/Directors-wife-holds-the-purse-strings-at-Goodison.html

The offer document also said that Anita Gregg had arranged a further £2.5 million of committed facilities ( in plain language lent money) for True Blue which, it is intended, will be refinanced in due course.

I understand that Mrs Gregg also lent Kenwright money to help him finance his share of True Blue. It could have been as much as £7 million. She may also have lent other directors money.

Perhaps there is a grain of truth in that Sir Philip Green and Robert Earl are running the show?

http://www.timesonli...icle4467155.ece

Everton’s troubled pre-season took another twist yesterday when it emerged that Keith Wyness, the former chief executive, quit Goodison Park last month because of the growing influence of Sir Philip Green, the retail magnate, on the club. Wyness was linked with a similar role at Real Mallorca, but while he visited the Balearic island after leaving Everton, it was for a meeting with Robert Earl, the Planet Hollywood founder who owns 23 per cent of the Merseyside club, and Green, who has consistently denied any financial involvement in them.

Wyness had become increasingly concerned by Green’s input at Everton. Financial information about the club was regularly passed to the billionaire, who has no official role at Goodison, and club officials have been summoned to conferences with Green at the headquarters of Bhs, which Green owns, in London to discuss strategy. After leaving the club, Wyness went to Majorca, where an acrimonious meeting took place. The two sides failed to agree on a severance package and Wyness is believed to be planning to take Everton to an industrial tribunal.

There had been suggestions that the chief executive stood down because of controversy over Everton’s desire to move from Goodison Park to a new stadium in Kirkby, outside the Liverpool city boundary, or concerns about the financial future of the club. However, the sole reason was Wyness’s disquiet over the influence of Green.

http://www.thisismon...00&in_page_id=3

Billionaire rag trader Sir Philip Green is the secret power broker in the bitter, multi-million-pound struggle for control of Everton Football Club, the Evening Standard can reveal.

Green played a major role in the acquisition of a key 23% stake in the Merseyside club by Planet Hollywood tycoon Robert Earl from Everton board member Paul Gregg, the cinemas and leisure multi-millionare. However, it is understood Green's involvement in the deal - at a time of unprecedented interest in the ownership of top Premiership clubs - is just the culmination of a longrunning relationship with Everton's other major minority shareholder, impresario Bill Kenwright, which also saw Green play a key role in the controversial sale of England superstar Wayne Rooney to Manchester United.

http://news.bbc.co.u...ton/7532345.stm

Although Green, one of the richest men in the country, is not formally connected to Everton, he has been involved in much of the Toffees' recent activity - Mihir Bose

There is no proof but simply a suggestion that Green has shares in BCR Sports.

The shares that Paul Gregg sold are owned by BCR Sports, based in British Virgin Islands. The purpose of BVI companies is that it is notoriously difficult to find information about directors of the companies and the owner does not need to pay capital gains tax when they sell the shares and make a profit. Some records say that the shares are owned by BCR Sports whilst Everton's own accounts say they are owned by Robert Earl.

-- How's that for a conspiracy ? :)