IGNORED

Fulham - Pre Match Questions

WhiteJC

Hi Guys,

I'm from Friends Of Fulham and run pre-match interview questions before each game, jamiemaher and Licker visit our site every now and again and a few of us such as LBNo11 visit your site occasionally.

jamiemaher posed some questions for us and I wanted to return the favour, if anyone could take a few moments to answer these questions it would be greatly appreciated.

1) With last seasons injury troubles behind you what are your hopes and expectations for this year?

2) How do you feel you have done in the transfer window and do you feel you could have brought in more?

3) What do you think of your new home kit?

4) How has the possible take over talk been received, would you like Mr Moyes to have access to the sort of money Mark Huges has or would it make you a ‘plastic club’?

5) How do you think Fulham will do this year?

6) Predictions for the game?

1) With last seasons injury troubles behind you what are your hopes and expectations for this year?

Well I can hope for a top four finish cant I :P seriously though the improvement of Spurs and Man city means we might slip down the table but I still expect us to finish in the top 7 and another european place (hopefully)

I would like to go deep into the Europa League and FA cup and hopefully get to Germany or Wembley :P

2) How do you feel you have done in the transfer window and do you feel you could have brought in more?

We have done good but not great again it was a long wait for our first signing (apart from Jo) But hopefully Distin Billy and Heintiga all improve the first team

I beleive they will perform and although im disappointed in not getting bangea i am happy with our signings just i wish they came bloody earlier!

At first I did not like it at all but It has grown on me a bit but its still crap!

4) How has the possible take over talk been received, would you like Mr Moyes to have access to the sort of money Mark Huges has or would it make you a ‘plastic club’?

I would like a takeover by someone who can make the club take the next step... but the question is how much money is too much? I think someone like the Villa owner Lerner? is good as he provides a decent amount of money

and does not get involved too much, maybe someone like him that can provide 30-40 million a year before sales for a transfer budget would be perfect

I like fulham bt can they finish top 7 again? Im not sure I think they will still have a good season and finish in the Top 10

Im biased so i pick 0-2 to everton Saha and Pienaar although I wouldn't be surprised if fulham got up good luck for the match mate

Hi mate, thanks for givin me something to do at work!

Honestly, if we find the form we had at in the second half of last season, and when we get Jags and Arteta back, i can see top 4. Weve sorted the right hand side which has been our biggest weakness and brought in some quality players to replace those who left. Biased, sure but still possible. whats likely thought is 6th or 7th...

wouldve been nice to have brought in more, our squad is paper thin. but, if you look at some of the players who left, eg Van Der Meyde, Valente, Jacobson - all these left but barely played, ie bench warmers. Lescott has gone, and we got Heitinga (a quality defender) Distin (a proven, steady defender) and Billy (an out and out winger). for the first time in a while, we have a complete squad, with a bench of able players too. like i said, wouldve been nice to have more, but cant complain!

I think in the minority here when i say i like it, but then again, i liked last seasons. as long as its blue i dont really care!

talkover talk? i would love Moyes to have the same money that Hughes has, but not sure he would spend it as wildly as MH did.

I think Hodgson has done a fantastic job, with the exception of only one dodgy, overpriced signing! i'd give you 8th...

again, biased, but im going with 1-3 win to us, since our away form last year was so good.

best of luck to ya!

1) If the injuries clear up, and the squad stay healthy, then an honest 7th position.

2) I think we have improved the squad during the window, but our chances of success have diminished. The weakest area for us (center mid), is still an issue, but overall I'm happier than two weeks before Sept 2nd.

3) Like it, kinda retro but modest.

4) Citeh are a cheap nasty Chinese import toy, which will crack under it's first safety test. Chelski had a lot more grounding and heritage, but money made them believe they are bigger than what they actually are. Frankly I would hope Moyes could spend around 25 million a season, think a constant amount like that would keep him interested and the club moving in the right direction without feeling plastic. Credit to Fulham, as you boys seem to be doing that very well.

5) Not as well as last year, but think you're in for a shout in a cup comp. But the teams around us are building with menace, but you have a good manager who isn't scared to play attacking football (which our manager is guilty of doing the opposite by nature).

6) 1 - 1.

Hoping for a top 6 finish, however it will be tough with the start we have had and Spurs, City looking strong then their is Villa to consider also. I also see the likes of you and Sunderland pushing on aswell so it makes for an interesting season, however with our recent signings and Arteta, Yak and Jags to come back I can see us finishing top 6.

Happy enough with the transfer activity, would have liked an out on out winger who can run with the ball and has a bit of pace. The Lescott saga dragged on for to long and i think it affected our transfer activity as Moyes didnt know how much he would have to spend and where he needed to strengthen.

Not the greatest fan to be honest, but if we are successful as the last time we had that style I will be more than happy.

I think it would be foolish if I said no here, however i would expect Moyes to act in a more dignified manor than that of Hughes when conducting his transfer dealings. That said i would prefer it if someone like Learner from Villa came in who backed the club, stayed out of team affairs etc as I see Hughes being overuled by the Sheiks in the running of the club similiar to the way Moriniho was as Chelsea.

Top 10 pushing top 8 if you can keep your key players fit (Duff, Johnson etc), it is a big plus that you didnt lose Hangeland during the transfer window, i was hopeful that he would replace Lescott!!

1-2 to the Blues. Duff for you and Saha, Cahill for us.

I don't know if the injury problems are behind us, YET. Obviously great news that Yakubu is nearing full fitness but a while off for Arteta and Jagielka, who have been sorely missed. Hopefully we can cement our place in the top 7 or so and with the signings we have brought in we should be fighting for 5th, 6th and 7th but I don't think we have enough to get in the top four.

I think we did well enough from the time space when we actually had some money. As usual all the speel of having everything in place early summer went out of the window. Heitinga looks a good buy at the price and 'Bily' is held in good regard and Distin at that price may be a steal. Especially as we got 22 million or so for Lescott.

To be honest to me the kit is secondary to who wears it. Some will always like them some will hate them but they will still be sold in their thousands, so it doesn't really bother me.

4) How has the possible take over talk been received, would you like Mr Moyes to have access to the sort of money Mark Huges has or would it make you a plastic club?

The sad answer from me is YES I would like to see us have that kind of money and do what City are doing, it isn't everyones cup of tea and until the authorities clamp down on it and sort it out then it will only lead to more and more doing the same. I have a season ticket, go to as many away games, including abroad, as I can but I still see football being ruined, however it is in me to follow Everton and that's what keeps me going. If we bacame a plastic club to reach the higher echelons then I am honest to admit, i'd sack my principles and become a mercenary.

I think most people where surprised with last years finishing position, me included, however you have a very shrewd, decent manager who looks like he can spot a bargain. This season will be more difficult with the likes of City, Spurs, Villa and ourselves pressing the top part of the lower league (haha). Expectations might run higher and the distraction of the Europa League, especially if you have no previous European experience, may be a hindrance but I reckon a top ten spot is on your radar.

The usual tight affair at The Cottage with the Blues sneaking a 1-0 win..........sorry

Edited by The Beard

I would say that the troubles are not yet behind, however Yak is looking positive. I hope Mikel is not rushed back and comes back strong. If Saha stays fit and our other injured players return and stay fit then it would be my hope that we finish in the top 6 as well as making it to the FA final and final stages in the Europa league. My expectation is that we will fall short of 6th but remain in top 10 as well as exiting the europa cup and league cups by february.

2) How do you feel you have done in the transfer window and do you feel you could have brought in more?I feel that financially, we have done well. I am sad to see that we had no punch in the transfer market without selling Lescott, however I think we extracted a good amount of money and that with the limited amount of time we left ourselves, spent it well. I would have liked another creative midfield and more right wing options. There's still free agents to consider, I think we'll not be adding anyone else though. I feel we've done enough to keep in touch with our usual pecking order rivals.

I've only seen it in photos and poor quality webcasts of the matches, our PL broadcaster has only shown one everton game this season and that was arse, which i turned off at halftime in disgust... I like it, however I look forward to seeing something different next season.

4) How has the possible take over talk been received, would you like Mr Moyes to have access to the sort of money Mark Huges has or would it make you a plastic club?I'm one who prefers to see steady progress, building talent rather than buying it. However, more financial muscle IS required to break into the top 4 consistently and sustain Champ League quests. I would hate to see us go the way of Man City.

5) How do you think Fulham will do this year?Fulham have impressed, I think top 10, possibly another top 8 finish.

2-2 . I think bilyaletdinov will get more than a look in this time out and probably provide/score a goal.

Edited by inertia8

A strong run in the league, I hope stronger than Man City and Spurs who are showing they are obvious teams pushing for Europa league places. I expect to progress in the Europa league but I see that we will struggle in the latter rounds, that said I would love us to win it this year. My only expectation is to not be relegated!

I feel that we have added to our squad with improved players in terms of quality. Previous seasons we had people like Valente, Shandy Andy sitting on the bench, now we have players like Saha, Jo, Distin - a definite step in the right direction.

Versatility is the key and this is centainly what we bought. Would have liked another creative & influential midfielder, like most Evertonians, but we just need to wait for Arteta to be back up and running.

One element of transfers we have done this year goes un-noticed by most, we have snapped up a lot of the most promising youngsters this past year. Some of those will no doubt blossom in to 1st team regulars...taking this in to account, we have done well but could have done better.

Love it. Never liked it when leaked images made it on to the internet but since I have had mine I really do like it. I would still like to see us get a kit made by Nike one day.

I am all for a takeover but I would not favour a takeover in the same manner of Man City.

We need money that is obvious but with the kind of mercenaries you get for £100k a week wages you are bound to loose the spirit that clubs have always had. An immediate mass injection of cash is not always the best way to improve, steady continued progress is more sustainable. Get someone to clear our debts, keep a rigid wage structure (obviously increase the top earners), keep to developing youth, sort our stadium and have an annual £40m+ transfer budget...I know, I know not going to happen.

Fulham will be battling with Everton, Man City and Spurs for a Europa league place and the depth in the squad will ultimately decide who gets those places. Hodgson has been slowly building a squad much in the same way as Moyes but I feel, albeit slightly biased, that we have a more mature squad so will finish ahead of Fulham.

1-0 to us. King Louis getting the goal, our in form striker.

Man to watch out for from Fulham is Dempsey.

Hi Guys,

I'm from Friends Of Fulham and run pre-match interview questions before each game, jamiemaher and Licker visit our site every now and again and a few of us such as LBNo11 visit your site occasionally.

jamiemaher posed some questions for us and I wanted to return the favour, if anyone could take a few moments to answer these questions it would be greatly appreciated.

1. I think we should be aiming for 6th place, but be happy with the top 8. If we can beat one of Spurs or Citeh, we will have done very well indeed, comparitively.

2. Fine. We could have brought in more, we could have also just as easily lost more. Heitinga is easily capable of replacing Lescott, for far cheaper.

3. Its absolutely rank, as are all this seaosns shirts.

4. I'd like the sort of money Hughes has to be available - so long as the owners are

properly checked out. I don't want to be the next West Ham or Portsmouth.

5. Not as well as last year. Sorry. Theres a lot of clubs around that have improved their squad heavily, Fulham doesn't seem to be one of them.

6. 2-1 to us.

I am confidant we can get 5th again maybe 4th, Man city will implode, once adebyor gets dropped, also they will struggle once the ACN comes along an he leaves for a few weeks/months/same with Chelsea. Spurs have lost there best player for pritty much the whole season, but they will still be strong, Villa arn't as good as they were last season an will struggle to finish top 8.

I think he brought really well, he has brought all 1st teamers and vastly in prove our right side, which has been our week point for a long time, we now have a very good first team an very well balanced team, once Artetas back, well lets just say i'm excited.

I think its horrible, i prefer the away kit (black with pink stripes) but thats more for girls. 1st time since i started supporting Everton i've not got/brought the home shirt.

4) How has the possible take over talk been received, would you like Mr Moyes to have access to the sort of money Mark Huges has or would it make you a plastic club?

Well i was like many who got quite excited at the thought of someone with money buying us an us being able to bring in some class players. i also thought that it couldn't be us an it turned out to be a false truth. I think Moyes would buy better then Arsenals an Man u casts off. I would want players coming to Everton that want to come to Everton an not for the money, where city players Lescott, Adebyor and Barry, all WENT FOR MONEY no matter what they say.

I don't think you do as well as last season, as lot of teams have improved, i think its all comes down to your home form, but i don't think you finish under 12th

Well it deepnds on the team moyes picks, if he pick the team i think he should play, then we will win 2-1 if he pick the team i think he pick then i'd go for a hard fought 2-1 to Fulham. Osman an Hibbert just arn't good enought, an every team in the prem knows thats our weekness.

Edited by Adpom

I hope for a top 5 finish again, however i feel this may be behond us and realistically i think we will finish in 7th

I think, as usual, a little dissapointed. Billy, Johnny and Distin are all good players, however i would have liked a out and out right winger and another centre back

One of the very few i think that love it. I have been after the HAFNIA one for about 10 years and have never been able to find an original, so to replicate it slightly, is the next best thing

I wouldn't like to turn into a City, but a few more dollars would not go a miss. If we had Randy Lerner or whoever poors money into Spurs, that would do me. However i would not like a Sheikh from the middle east. I do like having a evertonian as our chairman. Make of that answer what you will. I am slightly confused too.

Good manager, done well to keep Hangeland, improving squad. I think top half, probably a place or two below us

A repeat of last year would be brilliant, however we all know this always ends up as home win.

Thinks...

"Curse being stuck with Moyes as the manager, his team selection sucks....if only Adpom would take the job we'd win so many more games..." :huh:.

My point was that Moyes will probably stick with Osman an Hibbert instead of putting Pienaar instead of Ossie an Billy on the left an swap Hibbert with John H. Meaning Fulham can exploit our right side. Also we struggle against Fulham at craven cottage an i feel if he plays the weak right side we lose. if not we will win. I don't see what the problem with me saying we might lose has? history says will more then likely lose because we always do.

I don't see what the problem with me saying we might lose has?

No problem at all.

Just struck me, the way you wrote it...if Moyes picks the team we lose, if he listens to me we win.

Most of us probably think at times we could pick a better team than Moyes (though 99% of the time we'd probably be wrong), some of us might say it, but saying it to opposition supporters for possible publication on their website? Just seems wrong.

Turn it round....if in Jamies "Talking to the Enemy" a Fulham fan says, "...we'll beat you if I pick the team but lose if Hodgson does," what do you think?

Maybe it's just me :unsure: .

No problem at all.

Just struck me, the way you wrote it...if Moyes picks the team we lose, if he listens to me we win.

Most of us probably think at times we could pick a better team than Moyes (though 99% of the time we'd probably be wrong), some of us might say it, but saying it to opposition supporters for possible publication on their website? Just seems wrong.

Turn it round....if in Jamies "Talking to the Enemy" a Fulham fan says, "...we'll beat you if I pick the team but lose if Hodgson does," what do you think?

Think it is you, as what we say has no bearing on the team selection for both clubs what-so-ever.

No problem at all.

I never said if i pick the team we win, i said if Moyes pick the team i think he will reather then the team i want him to pick, i think we will lose, as its not as good as the team i'd prefer him to pick.

Moyes probably team

------------Howard

Hibbert distin yobo bains

Osman neville rodwell pienaar

Cahill

Jo

Team i'm prefer him to start with

-----howard

Herts Distin Yobo Bains

Pienaar Neville Rodwell Billy

Cahill

Saha

Adpom, me old mate. I'll come straight to the point, I appreciate your posts, replies, comments etc. But sometimes I am even lost in translation, I don't know if it's text talk or whatever, but sometimes I don't get what you're saying. This isn't knocking you at all, because you have the chance to air your views and to me you do it well, with a passion, and I appreciate that.........just check your'e posts and edit..........I learnt that myself haha..........Adpom, keep up the good work

Adpom, me old mate. I'll come straight to the point, I appreciate your posts, replies, comments etc. But sometimes I am even lost in translation, I don't know if it's text talk or whatever, but sometimes I don't get what you're saying. This isn't knocking you at all, because you have the chance to air your views and to me you do it well, with a passion, and I appreciate that.........just check your'e posts and edit..........I learnt that myself haha..........Adpom, keep up the good work

No problem, i find that i don't proof read enought. i am working on it thought :) also i am awful at spelling, time to use microsoft word before i post each thing :)

Well it deepnds on the team moyes picks, if he pick the team i think he should play, then we will win 2-1 if he pick the team i think he pick then i'd go for a hard fought 2-1 to Fulham. Osman an Hibbert just arn't good enought, an every team in the prem knows thats our weekness.

I hate being right because we lose but i told you so