Photo

Lacking Depth In The Defensive Positions.

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 MikeO

MikeO

Scars are tattoos with better stories.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,500 posts

Posted 14 Sep 2009 - 18:57

tax rate means nothing, the players get paid a set NET RATE by the teams, when the tax rate goes to 50% the players get the same NET pay, the club just pays them more...

That sounds incredibly unlikely to me; any evidence to back it up?
Never heard of any company or organisation ever doing such a thing. Individual contracts may be agreed taking into account the rates of the time but (for example) in 1974 the top rate went up to 83%. Any club/company contractually obliged to guarantee a net income under those circumstances would very quickly go out of business.
Any club who work like that would be barking mad in the current financial situation.

#42 Adpom

Adpom

Duncan Ferguson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 14 Sep 2009 - 19:02

That sounds incredibly unlikely to me; any evidence to back it up?
Never heard of any company or organisation ever doing such a thing. Individual contracts may be agreed taking into account the rates of the time but (for example) in 1974 the top rate went up to 83%. Any club/company contractually obliged to guarantee a net income under those circumstances would very quickly go out of business.
Any club who work like that would be barking mad in the current financial situation.

Was on SSN, when they disscuessed if the prem was losing it, they explaned about the tax rate. That the clubs pay the players more so they get the same Net pay

#43 CaptainFerguson10

CaptainFerguson10

Leon Osman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 14 Sep 2009 - 19:20

Was on SSN, when they disscuessed if the prem was losing it, they explaned about the tax rate. That the clubs pay the players more so they get the same Net pay

SKy is barely creditable, but I do agree it's going to be harder now to attract the best talent because of the dreaded tax man.

#44 Calico

Calico

Mick Lyons

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 15 Sep 2009 - 08:55

The clubs have to pay more, I agree with that. However, when Chelsea aren't willing to pay Kun 200k a week so that he can get half that in net terms then I think it's quite obvious which way the wind is blowing as far as Prem teams and money is concerned.

Also, now that Nev is injured which means that only Distin can cover LB can anybody maybe see where I was coming from with the lack of depth proposition?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users