IGNORED

Lacking Depth In The Defensive Positions.

Calico

i'm sure Hiets said on Radio city that his fav postion was CB not DM, he said he can play CB RB an MF if needed but his fav postion is CB an wants to prove himself there.

He said his favoured position is center back or center midfield, I've watched Hets from the Ajax days and we don't want him in our midfield. But neither do I want Neville there, but that's Moyes for you.

What are you talking about? The English Prem is the BEST LEAGUE in the world an thats a fact, Every player wants to play here, an Jags has played some of the best strikers in the world, Rooney,Drogba,Torres to name a few. Don't think Jags will be fit to play against Benfica.

Why are the best players in the world playing in Spain, and a couple in Italy. Certainly, a higher percentage of the very best are in those leagues.

Why are the best players in the world playing in Spain, and a couple in Italy. Certainly, a higher percentage of the very best are in those leagues.

Ronaldo whos the best player in the world, left England because he won EVERYTHING with Man U an wanted a change an wanted to play for his favourite club.

Once City get in the Champs leagues, a few like Messi an co could well be in England.

hahahahahaha seriously, Messi at City? Laughable. Sorry, it is just laughable. By that point City will probably be the only team with the resources left to even afford to bid for him. Football works in cycles and England has had its time for the past few years now; another league will take the mantle up next and it might not be a while until we see such a high standard of player in the Prem IMO

C. Ronaldo left not just because he won everything with Utd - surely he could see that the best football was beginning to get played in Spain once more. When comparing the games between the lower placed teams in Spain to the relative games here all I can say is that it's like watching football compared to Rugby - the latter is the lower placed Prem games and they are UGLY.

As for teams who can finish top 5 in the Prem. Judging by how they've been performing for the past few seasons when English football has been on a high the fact is that none of them play anything other than scrappy football with the odd -- sorry, very odd - spot of good play. Even last year Man Utd were playing poor football and they won the bloody thing just to show how bad it was!

Ronaldo whos the best player in the world, left England because he won EVERYTHING with Man U an wanted a change an wanted to play for his favourite club.

Once City get in the Champs leagues, a few like Messi an co could well be in England.

Messi will never step foot upon British shores, unless it's a friendly or an shopping spree. In Spain the tax rebate is 30%, compare that to Britain 50% then you'll quickly realise why Ronaldo left sharpish.

Messi will never step foot upon British shores, unless it's a friendly or an shopping spree. In Spain the tax rebate is 30%, compare that to Britain 50% then you'll quickly realise why Ronaldo left sharpish.

That's the most important truth written regarding this. True, England has had the best league in the europe for a long time, but this tax thing could very well change that. If other spanish teams start to get more revenues, and can spend more, you can very well see a move from players away from the premier league and to la liga.

And by the way, the taxes aren't 30%, it's some sort of new provision where they pay 30% or 40% for the first 5 years, then it goes back to 50%.

I'm not a fan of attaching football players to the money-driven tag. If we go there then the game becomes irrelevant to follow IMO. But then, have you already said that in another thread, CaptainFerguson10, that we should boycott the games to give the board a kick in the back-side?

tax rate means nothing, the players get paid a set NET RATE by the teams, when the tax rate goes to 50% the players get the same NET pay, the club just pays them more.so for exam....a player getting 5.5mil on 40% tax will get paid 6mil on the 50% off the club. so he end up with the same net figure(that was an example the maths arn't correct.)

tax rate means nothing, the players get paid a set NET RATE by the teams, when the tax rate goes to 50% the players get the same NET pay, the club just pays them more...

That sounds incredibly unlikely to me; any evidence to back it up?

Never heard of any company or organisation ever doing such a thing. Individual contracts may be agreed taking into account the rates of the time but (for example) in 1974 the top rate went up to 83%. Any club/company contractually obliged to guarantee a net income under those circumstances would very quickly go out of business.

Any club who work like that would be barking mad in the current financial situation.

That sounds incredibly unlikely to me; any evidence to back it up?

Never heard of any company or organisation ever doing such a thing. Individual contracts may be agreed taking into account the rates of the time but (for example) in 1974 the top rate went up to 83%. Any club/company contractually obliged to guarantee a net income under those circumstances would very quickly go out of business.

Any club who work like that would be barking mad in the current financial situation.

Was on SSN, when they disscuessed if the prem was losing it, they explaned about the tax rate. That the clubs pay the players more so they get the same Net pay

The clubs have to pay more, I agree with that. However, when Chelsea aren't willing to pay Kun £200k a week so that he can get half that in net terms then I think it's quite obvious which way the wind is blowing as far as Prem teams and money is concerned.

Also, now that Nev is injured which means that only Distin can cover LB can anybody maybe see where I was coming from with the lack of depth proposition?