IGNORED

Would you sell Arteta in January?

milky71

okay why not

For me I wouldn't d it because of Arteta's influence on the team. When he is fit and on form he is one of the best creative midfielders in the league. Banega is unproven in La Liga let alone in the EPL. It would be a huge risk to offload our best creative player for a young uproven.

I'd like Banega at Everton, dont get me wrong, but for me if selling Arteta was the only way to get him here then it would be a no deal. Maybe if we where going to get Van Der Vaart instead of Banega, or someone of that level, then I might be a little more interested, but still it would be a push.

Arteta is one of the players that makes the difference in s being a team that challenges for the upper ranks of the league. Selling him for anyone less than world-class would be foolish, and Banega is not quiet there yet.

Edited by jamiemaher85

Looks like Bill Kenwright has joined toffeetalk, welcome to the site Bill. However using threads as a gentle way of breaking bad news to the fans is not on. I tell you what, start making more west end productions instead of continualy selling the family silver.

In all seriousness sell Arteta? Would Liverpool contemplate selling Gerrard? To replace Arteta would cost £20m at least - and then what player to replace him?

Yes, sell Arteta along with the rest of them.

I'd keep Distin and jags when he's back fit, keep Bily, Heitanga along with Pienaar, and sell the bloody rest, we are a tired looking team and we need to start with a fresh 11.

Lets get rid of them all and get Gary Megson in as manager to shake everything up.

:D Yeah good day Mike, except for the end result. :(

I have to apologise to Laurie and Iggy for giving them my wrong Mobile number, so if you lads where trying to make contact with me, i'm sorry.

Tho "The Beard" did manage to make himself known to me in the Dukes Head, then we moved on to the Bricklayers and had a few pints with the Fulham Lads.

The Eight Bells Closed its doors to us after the game, i have no idea why but there you go.

Got home just in time for MOTD 2 . :D

:D Yeah good day Mike, except for the end result. :(

I have to apologise to Laurie and Iggy for giving them my wrong Mobile number, so if you lads where trying to make contact with me, i'm sorry.

Tho "The Beard" did manage to make himself known to me in the Dukes Head, then we moved on to the Bricklayers and had a few pints with the Fulham Lads.

The Eight Bells Closed its doors to us after the game, i have no idea why but there you go.

Got home just in time for MOTD 2 . :D

Did try, but as you know it was a pointless exercise :withstupid: :P

8 Bells was closed prematch too which made life a little difficult as I was supposed to be meeting a USA based bluenose there between 1 & 2 and I had his ticket!

Arteta cant be replaced so easily so my answer is NO.

Rodwell and arteta is a very exciting partnership in the future.

Rodwell is a good holding midfielder and with arteta next to him I think this is were we will see him shine most.

I would say Arteta to be captain if he comes back and nev is still out

Lets get rid of them all and get Gary Megson in as manager to shake everything up.

I hope you're being ironic?

wow, most pointless thread of the year, but i see it got a few more replies than expected.

no, if we sell him we would have a revolt on our hands.

arteta, jags and rodwell are pretty much the unsellables in our side.

Pointless enough for you to post eh SteveO? And I am joking lad.

Yes, sell Arteta along with the rest of them.

I'd keep Distin and jags when he's back fit, keep Bily, Heitanga along with Pienaar, and sell the bloody rest, we are a tired looking team and we need to start with a fresh 11.

a man after my own heart but not megson maybe irvine he did all the hard work for moyes anyhow

wow, most pointless thread of the year, but i see it got a few more replies than expected.

no, if we sell him we would have a revolt on our hands.

arteta, jags and rodwell are pretty much the unsellables in our side.

moyes said leascott was unsellable personally hibbert is the only unsellable asset we have