IGNORED

Positivity please

rowlo-efc

The fans reaction to the defeat last night was a disgrace - booing at full time should never be heard, especially when we had been unlucky to have not scored.

At thats exactly what it was - unlucky.

But it doesnt really matter - its the carling cup - a mickey mouse tournament that will only get in the way. Okay - its a route to Europe - but who cares?

I think that the team will have gained a lot from last night - there were some interesting changes - kilbane at left back, Davies in centre mid, VDM, Arteta's 3rd game at right wing, arteta and hibbo linking up

BT's 2nd competitive game since injury...

We can take a lot from the performance and analyse the bad points and turn misfortune around - hopefully starting with the brummies...

but it WILL NEVER HAPPEN if the attitude of the fans doesn't change from Doom and Gloom

The fans will send us down this year, if we are not careful.

Only 3 days before, the atmosphere was electric - drawing with the league champions - yet Wednesday and apart from the odd 'if ya know yer history' - the crowd was silent - Dead almost. How can players raise the game if they are thinking that the fans aren't happy?

Guest fozzie22

Cuts no ice with me mate,these "players" are on a huge ammount of money so people are,wether you like it or not,entitled to have a go at them,in days gone by when players where paid fuck all then yes,i agree it used to be disgraceful if ever booing happened,but not now.

You dont see to many of these highly paid "stars" riding into bellfield on bikes do you?

From listening to the radio,while we did have the first half,boro could have won by more than a goal,and the fact we held chelsea on sunday simply papered over the cracks that are in evertons makeup this season.

If you are going to boo your team at any stage you should stay at home put the kettle on! You may think you have a rite to vent your anger which may be correct but in how many other walks of life do you get the result you want by acting a cu*t? NONE!

The team are not performing, their fault! They have no confidence, their fault! but when it gets to January and a booing crowd have knocked them all completely off balance and we are still in the relegation zone who's fault will that be?

Its a simple formula, tried and tested all over the world in every sport imaginable

Loud, strong & vocal support = Passionate performances

Passionate performances = More positive results than negative!

Stand, clap your hands, sing the songs and do it home & away week in week out, season after season whatever league your in!

If we dont all stand together we will be relagated and what sort of excuse is "i have every rite to have my say"? so fucking what we are now playing championship football because a gang of dickheads want to kick the boys while they are down!

Food for thought for all the boo boys. Kevin Campbell did NOT keep us in the premier league when we signed him!! The expectation and hope his goals gave made US all stand and sing our hearts out for two months and anyone who ever boo's at the match must understand it was the change of atmosphere inside Goodison that spured the team on not Super Kevin Campbell.......

Nuff said!

Edited by GoldfishMemory

I have to agree with fozzie on this one

plus if you want to pay your money and boo the team, thats your

right, you've paid your money, football is a business, and with all businesses

if the service you get is Inadequate you have the right to complain,

and the only way you can do that in football is by booing the teams performance

I have to agree with fozzie on this one

plus if you want to pay your money and boo the team, thats your

right, you've paid your money, football is a business, and with all businesses

if the service you get is Inadequate you have the right to complain,

and the only way you can do that in football is by booing the teams performance

Correct!

Boo the team all you want then, you pay your money and you have the rite to. Where you think its going to get you i dont know but you are correct you do have the rite to do whatever you want.

If we had all booed at Wimbledon & Coventry would we still be in the top flight? I think not!!! Everton went missing along with the crowd in the second half last nite but the minute the boys got behind the team with 13 mins to go we gave a bit of a fight, it seems so clear to me that when we sing the boys play and when we dont they seem to go missing! Its sad but true.

Guest fozzie22

I'm fed up with all this lets get behind the team shite..its aboiut time these prima donnas started to earn thier corn and got behind us,the fans..you know who we are the fools who help pay thier vastly inflated wages each week.

I agree with both sides here. You have every right to vent your frustration if you've paid your money and are not happy and it is the only way to directly get across to the players that they have not played to their ability, but come the next game, if the player is of the mentality that if he makes the slightest mistake he will get booed, he will go missing for most of the match. We've seen it with Pistone, Hibbert, Faddy, even Yobo at times.

At the time it may seem like a good idea, but in the long term it will only have a negative affect on the players.

In all professions you will have someone who gets on your back for one reason or another (usually your boss), well imagine 40,000 of them telling you you can't do your job properly and see how you like it. And yes, I know they get paid sh*tloads of money, but no amount of money in the world is going help them mentally, it is confidence that is priceless.

I didn't go the game last night so you can ignore my comments if you like. The way i see it is that you have two ways of making your feelings heard at a football match one is to cheer, one is to boo.

If your not happy about a result and you don't feel like the team are doing enough the players should be big enough to take constructive criticism on the chin. Booing is just a way of showing your not happy.

If you stand up and cheer then say 'well done lads you've put loads of effort in but you just weren't quite good enough and the opposition where slightly better in some areas although you should really take some positives from some of the players performances this evening, well done but i'd like to see you do better' i don't think they'll hear you.

I agree with both sides here. You have every right to vent your frustration if you've paid your money and are not happy and it is the only way to directly get across to the players that they have not played to their ability, but come the next game, if the player is of the mentality that if he makes the slightest mistake he will get booed, he will go missing for most of the match. We've seen it with Pistone, Hibbert, Faddy, even Yobo at times.

At the time it may seem like a good idea, but in the long term it will only have a negative affect on the players.

In all professions you will have someone who gets on your back for one reason or another (usually your boss), well imagine 40,000 of them telling you you can't do your job properly and see how you like it. And yes, I know they get paid sh*tloads of money, but no amount of money in the world is going help them mentally, it is confidence that is priceless.

Thank you, perfectly put!!

We may be entitled to boo but in the long run it gets us no where. :D

We can all say "we are entitled" and "they should be able to take it" but do you think it will bother half of them when Everton are in the Championship?

No, it will bother us Evertonians, we want our team to be good and slating them when their down will never give us that! I was in the boo brigade when i was younger and even last night i had to stop myself from shouting at players when they made mistakes but i know what i want these days.

Everton at the top of the league and if i have to sing and cheer when my team is playing shite to achieve that i will. Over paid? Yes! Lack of commitment? Yes! But its not the players i Love, it's Everton Football Club the pride of Merseyside (once!!!).

If you boo the mistakes then next time round there will be added pressure to perform - then, when a mistake is made - that individual will feel a let down and his game will rapidly go down hill. It is happening to Everton and it simply doesn't help.

I understand the frustration - I paid my money too. But I dont boo - if they get beat they know that they haven't been good enough - it doesn't take a crowd full of doom and gloomers to tell them that.

At the end of the day - despite the money they get paid (which is outrageous - because I dont earn it!) - they are still Human - they still hear things and still very much have emotions which can be effected by the same things that effect you or I. to say that they should get on with it and ignore it because they are supposed to be professionals is a complete and utter load of bollox - when bonus time comes round in your workplace - do you think your Boss forgets about the tiff that you both had at the last years xmas party - does he shite!

Human nature prohibits us from being consumate professionals - A player cannot play with flair and sensation if he has no emotion - so its swings and roundabouts - you want the emotion when we are winning - but not when we are losing.

Its tough shit - its there and booing makes it worse. it causes our heads to drop and ultimately it is the fans that suffer when we get beat because we cant find it in our hearts to support the team in a positive way.

Effectively - those that boo or jeer the team are biting their noses off to spite their own faces.

The ToffeeWeb website is more worse and negative than this site.....

Definately - Toffeeweb is the place where Evertonians go to cut their own throats.

Rubbish website- its only good because the yank that runs it stays on the internet 24hrs a day and searches for Everton stories and rumours in the press. so I dont have to! :P

OTher than that its a complete doom and gloomers site that only publishes what ITS EDITORS want us to see. It never publishes anything but negativity.

I try and stay away - I only go on now and then - usually when the transfer windows are open (for the rumours) - although bluekipper is equally as good for the rumours (or blubber).

Anyway - stay positive and get behind the lads.

im with goldfish and rowlo

foz if you cant see any sign of possibility or improvment then why bother goin the game? why bother spending your time supporting a team if you dont want to SUPPORT?

im not havin a dig, but ive never seen anybody with so much negativity about something they care so much about

Guest fozzie22
im with goldfish and rowlo

foz if you cant see any sign of possibility or improvment then why bother goin the game? why bother spending your time supporting a team if you dont want to SUPPORT?

im not havin a dig, but ive never seen anybody with so much negativity about something they care so much about

with the greatest of respect steve,thats bollocks..been a supporter thru good times and sadly more bad times,its part of being an evertionian,i tend to look on the dark side of most things regarding Everton.

we dont have a strong enough squad,we can all see it but the "lets get behind the boys" brigade tend not to see the real truth,simply we needed a shit load of players in the summer,ok we got 8,big deal,we needed another 4-6 at least.

as results have turned agaisnt us its been oh well we've got the UEFA,coca cola(or whatever its called now) and now we dont need the cups..its laughable.

for a club that supposedly had ambition at the start of the season we've been,yet again,made to look foolish in the eyes of the media..DM has to take blame..yes..the players..HELL YES..the board..string them up i say.

my stance has never changed,even when we where doing well last season i could see that cracks had just been papered over,instead of replastering the wall BK,DM used polyfiller to cover it all up,the club is run by incompitents that would sooner see contracts run down for fear of spending a few bob,now thats fine if you want rid of the player but when you see gross negligence in the case of letting pistone go and then resigning him,you have to start to wonder who,or what is running the club.

i am the victor meldrew of these forums,a role a relish tbh,if we won the PL (yeah right :) ) i would find fault :lol: .

with the greatest of respect steve,thats bollocks..been a supporter thru good times and sadly more bad times,its part of being an evertionian,i tend to look on the dark side of most things regarding Everton.

we dont have a strong enough squad,we can all see it but the "lets get behind the boys" brigade tend not to see the real truth,simply we needed a shit load of players in the summer,ok we got 8,big deal,we needed another 4-6 at least.

as results have turned agaisnt us its been oh well we've got the UEFA,coca cola(or whatever its called now) and now we dont need the cups..its laughable.

for a club that supposedly had ambition at the start of the season we've been,yet again,made to look foolish in the eyes of the media..DM has to take blame..yes..the players..HELL YES..the board..string them up i say.

my stance has never changed,even when we where doing well last season i could see that cracks had just been papered over,instead of replastering the wall BK,DM used polyfiller to cover it all up,the club is run by incompitents that would sooner see contracts run down for fear of spending a few bob,now thats fine if you want rid of the player but when you see gross negligence in the case of letting pistone go and then resigning him,you have to start to wonder who,or what is running the club.

i am the victor meldrew of these forums,a role a relish tbh,if we won the PL (yeah right :lol: ) i would find fault :P .

So disgruntled Fozzie - I think that you have to give credit for last season - we had a lot of good games and the lads battled really hard. Their effort was second to none and they never gave up - thats the only real difference this year - we aren't battling as hard and we are giving up when we concede.

it will change though. :)

Going back to last season and a lot of the points we got were on a fine margin (1-0), for all the massive (psycologically) wins we had(man u. RS etc) there were very many poor games, southampton away where we stole a point, norwich & portsmouth at home where we stole the points.

So, I think when your working on such fine margins you working in dangerous territory and a bit of a fine line

A line which we need to get other side of again

And I think the prem is very much like that. Everyone is beating everyone and the points are being spread around, we need to start picking up our fair share.

If it was so easy we'd all be prem managers

Going back to last season and a lot of the points we got were on a fine margin (1-0), for all the massive (psycologically) wins we had(man u. RS etc) there were very many poor games, southampton away where we stole a point, norwich & portsmouth at home where we stole the points.

So, I think when your working on such fine margins you working in dangerous territory and a bit of a fine line

A line which we need to get other side of again

And I think the prem is very much like that. Everyone is beating everyone and the points are being spread around, we need to start picking up our fair share.

If it was so easy we'd all be prem managers

Yes but Moyesy obviously knows that we played close to the 'fine line' that you talk about Zed. And that is why he introduced 8 new players to the squad this year - to try and sure up the fact that the club are on the correct side of the line. Unfortunately, things havent quite gone to plan but I am sure that the staff are working relentlessly to imporve the situation - and lets hope that the last two games (chelsea & brum) are as decisive as the media are suggesting.

Pressure is something that you bring onto yourself by reading and taking note of what others say and do. Moyes has to install a self belief into each and every player - hopefully the trip to the lakes made strides into doing that!